Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Buzz offers color on the suspensions with Homer  (Read 7696 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Buzz offers color on the suspensions with Homer
« on: February 24, 2012, 10:41:31 PM »
Violation of team rules and nothing more (i guess this means the law was not broken).

It was not intentional, but the rules were broken and punishment was handed out.  Could not suspend all four at the same time or they would not have enough players.

The incident is over.  Nothing more will be done about it.

Let me guess ... Mayo is from WV and he took them out, around town, and they violated their curfew, or missed a team meeting.  Anyone hear anything else on what happened?

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Buzz offers color on the suspensions with Homer
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 10:45:26 PM »
Glad to hear it wasn't beastlality.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 10:47:21 PM »

The incident is over.  Nothing more will be done about it.

Awww, man!  But there's so much more completely unfounded hearsay and conjecture to be had, like in a few of the other posts!

MURFC

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 10:53:37 PM »

Awww, man!  But there's so much more completely unfounded hearsay and conjecture to be had, like in a few of the other posts!

I posted what the RUMOR is on campus.  If you don't like to read about rumors and hearsay, don't read internet message boards.  Stupid on your part.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 11:13:20 PM »

It could have been.  I'm pretty sure that's prohibited by the team rules.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

marquette09

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 12:01:11 AM »

They were in West Virginia....

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 12:05:11 AM »
It could have been.  I'm pretty sure that's prohibited by the team rules.

But likely not against the law in WV.

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 12:09:41 AM »
I posted what the RUMOR is on campus.  If you don't like to read about rumors and hearsay, don't read internet message boards.  Stupid on your part.

CONGRATS!  And I have replied that you, and whoever started that "rumor", are 100%, completely, talking out of your ass.  What's your next post about, how Ferris Bueller passed out at 31 Flavors last night?

That's also part of internet message boards, taking responsibility for posting things that are derp-filled or false.  But seriously, keep up with the name calling, it's TOTALLY PRODUCTIVE.

MURFC

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 10:07:45 AM »
CONGRATS!  And I have replied that you, and whoever started that "rumor", are 100%, completely, talking out of your ass.  What's your next post about, how Ferris Bueller passed out at 31 Flavors last night?

That's also part of internet message boards, taking responsibility for posting things that are derp-filled or false.  But seriously, keep up with the name calling, it's TOTALLY PRODUCTIVE.

Awesome use of sarcasm.  How's this for some productive name calling, you're a tool. 

Setting that aside, I am now vaguely interested to know the following.  If you know the person who started this "rumor" is 100% completely talking out of their ass, it would imply that you know what actually happened.  Please do share that info.  Buzz isn't giving up any more information.  Funny we got the story with Junior and the Wisco game, but nothing here.

JD

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2012, 10:38:20 AM »
Lab calling people out for"name calling as totally productive" is laughable at best!!

He's the definition of "Internet tough guy"
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

SacWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2012, 10:40:34 AM »

Can you imagine a world without speculation threads?

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2012, 02:24:50 PM »
Lab calling people out for"name calling as totally productive" is laughable at best!!

He's the definition of "Internet tough guy"

+1
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

MURFC

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2012, 05:33:57 PM »

Hey Lab Warrior....do you remember this?  Some interesting news came out today, wouldn't you say? 

🏀

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2012, 05:56:13 PM »
Hey Lab Warrior....do you remember this?  Some interesting news came out today, wouldn't you say? 

Some interesting news that doesn't correlate with the players that were punished? Right?

What are you going for? I suggest you just take a couple plays off.

MURFC

• Team Captain
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2012, 06:12:20 PM »
Some interesting news that doesn't correlate with the players that were punished? Right?

That isn't the point.  It is to point out LW's claim that I was...."100% completely, talking out of (my) ass".  He basically accused me of fabricating a story about players getting into trouble in a bar.  Whether there is a direct connection to the suspensions; the story I heard still indicates that is the case.  However, we'll probably never know that for sure.  I am not going for anything...except to tell LW to suck it for trying to call me out.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 11:29:59 PM »
That isn't the point.  It is to point out LW's claim that I was...."100% completely, talking out of (my) ass".  He basically accused me of fabricating a story about players getting into trouble in a bar.  Whether there is a direct connection to the suspensions; the story I heard still indicates that is the case.  However, we'll probably never know that for sure.  I am not going for anything...except to tell LW to suck it for trying to call me out.

So why did you get all defensive with the "I'm only telling you what I heard" line if you knew the rumor was true?  You got called out, relented, and now you're puffing?

Sounds like a case of a blind squirrel finding a nut to me.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

THEultimateWARRIOR

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2012, 11:42:43 PM »
Why are you guys bashing MURFC??? Hello...he heard the truth and you ridicule him of starting rumors? You should be appreciative that he shared the information he heard on campus. People like you guys are what make this board not as enjoyable as it could be.

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2012, 08:02:56 AM »

Agreed, you're less than 100% full of s***, maybe 90%, since your reasoning for the players being suspended for the WVU game is incorrect.  That they were at a bar, wow, that is some real scuttlebutt.  College students, at a bar.  What a SCOOP. 

Some quick checking of the archives, this is the post that you wrote:

"Wide spread rumor on campus that this has nothing to do with being late to practice.  More like trouble in a bar in Milwaukee.

First, apparently college students, 18-21 year old men, simply being present in a bar, qualifies as "trouble."  If there was acutal, REAL trouble, I think the citations would have been more than the most limp-wristed slaps on the wrist, and the suspensions handed down by Buzz would have been much more severe.  Hell, the guys weren't even ticketed for drinking.   

Second, all of this "trouble" occurred on January 29th.  The West Virginia game was played on February 24th.  So your claim is that our coach, who is documented to be so fastidious and detail oriented he plans his days to the MINUTE, waits a FULL MONTH to suspend players?  I disagree, completely.       

Also, there is this from the Walker dreck article:

Given that Cadougan and Johnson-Odom were not involved, it doesn't seem as if that violation was tied to the club     
     incident.

Head coach Buzz Williams told reporters on Tuesday that the matter was handled by the team on Jan. 29 and handled
     by the school's administration on Jan. 30.

If you consider college students being in attendance, underage, at a bar, "interesting" news, you need to get out more.  Or you have the attention span of a 6 month old infant.  I hope someone doesn't dangle keys in front of you, or there aren't too many butterflies on campus. 
Also, coming back to gloat about a post that is still, you know, INCORRECT and WRONG, is high comedy.  Drive home safe.

THIS:

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2012, 08:17:55 AM »
What Lab said

You are such an internet tough guy. All up in everyone's face throwing around logic and facts instead of rumors and speculation.

"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2012, 08:47:05 AM »
If you consider college students being in attendance, underage, at a bar, "interesting" news, you need to get out more.  Or you have the attention span of a 6 month old infant.  I hope someone doesn't dangle keys in front of you, or there aren't too many butterflies on campus. 
Also, coming back to gloat about a post that is still, you know, INCORRECT and WRONG, is high comedy.  Drive home safe.

Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2012, 08:53:34 AM »
MURFC said that the rumor on campus was that the players were suspended because they got into trouble at a bar in Milwaukee. As far as I know, he never said it was fact nor did he say that he was there or anything like that. He simply stated that it was a RUMOR and people jumped down his throat for it.

As it turns out, there was an incident at a bar in Milwaukee and players were suspended after that. However, based on what we know now, it does not appear that those two things were related. Don't blame the messenger when he openly admits that what he heard was just a rumor.

While I do think that MURFC could tone down the antagonizing, some of you people need to lighten up in your responses.

First, apparently college students, 18-21 year old men, simply being present in a bar, qualifies as "trouble."  If there was acutal, REAL trouble, I think the citations would have been more than the most limp-wristed slaps on the wrist, and the suspensions handed down by Buzz would have been much more severe.  Hell, the guys weren't even ticketed for drinking.    

You're really arguing about the semantics of what constitutes "trouble?"

MURFC

• Team Captain
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2012, 01:55:16 PM »

You mighty want to rethink who is dangling the keys here.  You have spent 5x more time and energy on this thread than I.  With that parting shot, I will take the advice from MM and cool it with the antagonizing.  Have a nice day.  Let's enjoy Thursday night and hope we walk away with a shot at the Western Region championship.  Go Marquette!

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2012, 08:07:33 PM »
MURFC said that the rumor on campus was that the players were suspended because they got into trouble at a bar in Milwaukee. As far as I know, he never said it was fact nor did he say that he was there or anything like that. He simply stated that it was a RUMOR and people jumped down his throat for it.

As it turns out, there was an incident at a bar in Milwaukee and players were suspended after that. However, based on what we know now, it does not appear that those two things were related. Don't blame the messenger when he openly admits that what he heard was just a rumor.

So you wouldn't have any issue with "someone who guesses what will happen and then brags about it on the rare occasion he gets it right."

only a warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2012, 10:33:37 AM »
You all need to grow up.  Thread is worthless

feedback