Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: DJO, Caddy, and Vander will not play first half. Mayo will not play second half.  (Read 10230 times)

nyg

• All American
Gotta be fair to the rest of the team, I think.

When was DJO suspended before? I must've missed that

Yes, what were the earlier suspensions for?

LloydMooresLegs

And need to be fair to WV.  If all 4 are suspended the whole game,  WV win would be meaningless.  

GGGG

• All American
This is the craziest thing I have ever seen, picking halves to sit certain players. Either they play or don't play the whole game

Why don't you let Buzz determine the rules for his team.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
Yes, what were the earlier suspensions for?

He missed No. Colo game for being late to team practice.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Benny B

• All American
I know we've had success starting the game in a huge hole, but this is a whole new strategy for Buzz.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MUMac

• All American
Why don't you let Buzz determine the rules for his team.
Agreed.  It will be interesting to see if this is a full game suspension - which would mean a half again at Cincy.

DoggyDaddy

• Team Captain
  • We're Warriors son, not Beagles.
This group is playing hard and staying with WV starters. Great experience for the newer guys and has benefits for tourney play.  Jamil Wilson showing something in particular.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
This group is playing hard and staying with WV starters. Great experience for the newer guys and has benefits for tourney play.  Jamil Wilson showing something in particular.
It's not like any of the guys out there suck. We're a deep team.

madtownwarrior

• All American
would not have enough players to field a team

This is the craziest thing I have ever seen, picking halves to sit certain players. Either they play or don't play the whole game

96warrior

• Team Captain
It's not like any of the guys out there suck. We're a deep team.

No but they are, for all intents and purposes, untested. Impressed with their response for a primetime game on ESPN in one of the most hostile environments to play in.

lab_warrior

• All American

Guess mom and dad didn't coddle me, so i agree with Buzz.  I trust our coaches judgement on and off the court.

If that makes me wrong for being "glad to hear" that Buzz has the nuts to come down on these kids, well than I'm wrong. Perhaps they should follow the rules and this wouldn't have happened.  They're only hurting themselves and possibly there seeding.  Tough $ hit, do what you're expected to do, and you don't have to worry about this happening.

No one's arguing about coddling, or following the rules, Helen Lovejoy.  

Most people can make the distinction between being disappointed, but ACCEPTING of players being punished, and being GLAD, as in HAPPY, that players are punished, like some sort of masochist.  Guess that makes you the "Silas the Monk" of this board.  I reiterate, there is something truly mentally wrong with you, if you are HAPPY that players are out.  

chapman

• All American

A lot of coaches pull the "will not start" line and have them in at the first media timeout.

MURFC

• Team Captain
Wide spread rumor on campus that this has nothing to do with being late to practice.  More like trouble in a bar in Milwaukee.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
Wide spread rumor on campus that this has nothing to do with being late to practice.  More like trouble in a bar in Milwaukee.

That wouldn't be shocking given their past.

And not announcing it earlier is just smart on Buzz' part.

GOLDY

• Scholarship Player
Little bit irritated to see the 3 suspended players smiling and laughing at times on the bench. Maybe I am overreacting because I am really mad that they would do something at this point to get suspended.

MUMac

• All American
That wouldn't be shocking given their past.

And not announcing it earlier is just smart on Buzz' part.
Agreed, on both comments.

96warrior

• Team Captain
Little bit irritated to see the 3 suspended players smiling and laughing at times on the bench. Maybe I am overreacting because I am really mad that they would do something at this point to get suspended.

Could not agree more, it is irritating me, too. They all better play out ofntheir minds in the second half.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
As much as we want to praise Buzz for his strictness and blame the players for suddenly acting stupid, I have a gut feeling the players are acting the same they did last year but now the University is throwing down the hammer on the team this season. I don't think the players are acting worse than last year, rather Buzz wasn't as strict last year.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
How can everyone be so judgmental without knowing what happened?  ?-( Perhaps they used a Windsor knot and Buzz decreed Shelby knots!?!

chapman

• All American

Disagree.  Crawling into a hole and pouting isn't the way to support your teammates.  Stay loose, keep the mood light.  Now the team has to win the game in the second half, but it's on those three to not lose the game.

Golden Avalanche

• All American

With a smile as wide as I've ever seen from Odom just before the tip, I'd expect a 20 pointer in this half.

On the outside, none of them seemed bothered by what took place in that opening 20.

Classof83

• Walk-On
Suspension related to wine, woman and song. Of course in West Virginia that would be moonshine, sheep and a banjo...

lab_warrior

• All American

BUT! ...  What does godzilla's niece have to say about this absurd, s***-slinging conjecture??!!

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
My only fear is this team needs a half to warm up.

Only Jae and Jamil are "warm" for the 2nd half.

Buckle up, fellas.

This game may be decided in the last minute.
SS Marquette

GOLDY

• Scholarship Player
Disagree.  Crawling into a hole and pouting isn't the way to support your teammates.  Stay loose, keep the mood light.  Now the team has to win the game in the second half, but it's on those three to not lose the game.

My point is that they aren't getting the message if they don't look bothered sitting on the bench.

I agree the game is now on those three not to lose.