[Today at 10:10:34 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by tower912
[Today at 09:58:46 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Viper
[Today at 09:52:10 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by MU Fan in Connecticut
[Today at 09:25:35 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: I'm beginning to think that the Dems.......  (Read 4134 times)

Murffieus

• All American
I'm beginning to think that the Dems.......
« on: May 10, 2007, 06:57:09 PM »
actually want us to lose in Iraq for their political gain. A thinking person can't be blind to the fact that these bills to set timetables and holding up the funding are not good for military morale-----and also at the same time give major aid and comfort to the enemy (Radical Islam). Here these Dem hypocrites vote with Republicans 98-0 to support General Petreaus and at the same time are hindering the war effort and encouraging the enemy.

I mean they are obsessed with going after GWB day after day -----week after week-----and month after month to pressure him to surrender and withdraw-----meanwhile all other legislation is put on hold. I mean it isn't like the Vietnam era when for years there were regular violent campus and street demonstrations against the war all over the country. Nothing like that now---- even though the war isn't popular.

However this is starting to backfire as the latest Quinnipac and Fox News Polls show that more people now give congress a negative reading than a positive one-----another national poll also gives Nancy Pelosi a negative rating.

The war isn't popular-----but at the same time the public isn't anywhere near as passionate about withdrawal as the Democrats are-----the Dems don't want Bush to succeed in Iraq because their chances of winning the White House in 2008 diminish accordingly.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
Re: I'm beginning to think that the Dems.......
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 12:46:28 PM »
Murrffius, I am against the war. I am a Democrat. I agree with timetables. Accountability is a word this administration has used, and now it is time to use it WITH THEM!

I do not like seeing the government piss away my tax dollars in Iraq.

And as an educator, I must say that in order for schools to get money from the government (i.e., "No Child Left Behind's" unfunded mandates) there are a lot of motions that need to take place. Before the recent shift in Congress, money to fund the war was easy to give away.

It just doesn't make any sense. Dropping a dime to help schools needed accountability, but sending money to fund this war would be done more than once per year and at millions/billions!!!
SS Marquette

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 01:47:24 PM »
I agree with accountability and benchmarks----but not timetables----telling the enemy when you're going to leave the battlefield only encourages him.

How would it have worked in World War II----giving our troops only until April of 1944  (a year before the war was won) to win the war because we were taking too many casualties and spending too much money on the war?

Meanwhile after we pull out both Hitler and the Japanese regroup and get nukes among other WMD and blackmail country after country until there is a World War III----only this time TWICE AS MANY lives are lost and Twice as Much MONEY is spent!!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 02:01:02 PM »
Aren't you confusing benchmarks with timetables?

Bush is for benchmarks, but timetables is a different story.   We expect kids to read by the 2nd grade and that is a benchmark and timetable that is worth pursuing. 

An enemy is quite a different story.  As can be seen by just about any war this country has ever fought in, some take years and years to accomplish their goals, some never do but you never go into a war knowing for sure how long it will take.

I fail to see why the two (education and war funding) would be used in any kind of analogy.  They are different animals completely.