'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Who's Buzz in Memphis for?  (Read 10170 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Who's Buzz in Memphis for?
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2012, 10:31:56 AM »
Haven't had too many real BBQs in my life.  Was in Austin a year and a half ago and I found it amusing that they were almost offended when we asked what kind of sauces they had/offered.  They basically told us the meat itself and the smoke-grilled making of it is too good to ruin with any sauce flavoring.  That and they just serve it by the 1/2 lb. on wax paper and give you some white bread with no utensils.  Needless to say, it was insanely delicious.  Definitely a new experience for me.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU86NC

• Starter
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2012, 10:49:54 AM »
+1 Hands Down ..... and Memphis is better than the mustard based BBQ they have in NC as well.

That would be South Carolina.... North Carolina is either Vinegar based or Vinegar and Ketchup based....

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2012, 11:27:28 AM »
+1 Hands Down ..... and Memphis is better than the mustard based BBQ they have in NC as well.
NC should come in dead last on a BBQ contest. Yeech.

Canadian Dimes

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2012, 01:49:24 PM »
Haven't had too many real BBQs in my life.  Was in Austin a year and a half ago and I found it amusing that they were almost offended when we asked what kind of sauces they had/offered.  They basically told us the meat itself and the smoke-grilled making of it is too good to ruin with any sauce flavoring.  That and they just serve it by the 1/2 lb. on wax paper and give you some white bread with no utensils.  Needless to say, it was insanely delicious.  Definitely a new experience for me.

This is true...similar to dowsing a wonderful filet, rib eye, or prime rib with A-1.   I will occasionally put a little bbq sauce on some barbecue just for a change of pace.  But the real and best bbq has needs no sauce whatso ever and if it have sauce it is never put on while still cooking , only after.  A little pork fat, smoke and slow heat are all the ingredients needed.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2012, 02:03:08 PM »

This is true...similar to dowsing a wonderful filet, rib eye, or prime rib with A-1.   I will occasionally put a little bbq sauce on some barbecue just for a change of pace.  But the real and best bbq has needs no sauce whatso ever and if it have sauce it is never put on while still cooking , only after.  A little pork fat, smoke and slow heat are all the ingredients needed.

Don't forget the dry rub.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2012, 03:13:04 PM »
Don't forget the dry rub.

doesn't that hurt though?

El Duderino

• Team Captain
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2012, 04:29:35 PM »
When i read these threads about how Buzz was in so and so city or state to watch a wide variety of different recruits, i wonder how really really hard working coaches like Buzz get any family time and sleep?

Between all the time Buzz has to spend on practice, game prep, making sure the players are handling their academics, media responsibilities, dealing with boosters, flying/driving across the country to visit a myriad of recruits that in most cases will choose another school, and i'm sure a wide array of other things i don't even know about, it's seems like he'd rarely have time to be at home.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2012, 07:03:12 PM »
No.  K. C.   :)

Nope, Speed Queen.....back in the day.  If you didn't get shot!

chapman

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2012, 07:25:54 PM »
That would be South Carolina.... North Carolina is either Vinegar based or Vinegar and Ketchup based....

Yep, never had mustard-based, actually wouldn't even try it since I don't eat mustard.  Ours is vinegar and red pepper, Eastern NC style.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2012, 09:09:46 AM »
doesn't that hurt though?

You have to be gentle... as though you're working with a soft bubble, not a piece of raw meat.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2012, 10:11:11 AM »
Nope, Speed Queen.....back in the day.  If you didn't get shot!

Speed Queen is pretty awesome, especially at 2:00 in the AM. 

Austin has the best BBQ I've had.  Texas style doesn't particularly rely on a sauce. 
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2012, 12:02:42 PM »
does every thread on here get hijacked / go WAY off topic?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2012, 12:11:19 PM »

:'(
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2012, 12:23:52 PM »

Yes, but crean rarely went off topic, in fact when comparing crean to buzz, buzz was off topic at least 70% more often than crean over the first four years of his coaching tenure. Of course we will have to give buzz the full five years before really knowing, unless of course we are talking about recruits in which case we will compare creans 11 years to buzzes 4

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2012, 12:25:07 PM »

You can only go so long with Buzz in Memphis OR What UCONN boards are saying.

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2012, 12:27:43 PM »
Yes, but crean rarely went off topic, in fact when comparing crean to buzz, buzz was off topic at least 70% more often than crean over the first four years of his coaching tenure. Of course we will have to give buzz the full five years before really knowing, unless of course we are talking about recruits in which case we will compare creans 11 years to buzzes 4

This is why I dropped my Scout premium subscription.  Never have this type of funny smart*ss commentary on Scout.  Nice touch Hairy.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2012, 12:56:33 PM »
Ya gotta take the Scout board with a grain of salt. They fly off the handle too much. Besides you won't get banned over here for sayin', Crean farts in the bathtub.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2012, 01:00:05 PM »
Ya gotta take the Scout board with a grain of salt. They fly off the handle too much. Besides you won't get banned over here for sayin', Crean farts in the bathtub.

Thanks, now that image will be bouncing around in my head all day.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2012, 01:02:50 PM »

An almost perfect summation of what was to be the next twenty posts.  You forgot the mandatory accusation that someone was Chicos posting under an alias.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2012, 01:08:33 PM »
Besides you won't get banned over here for sayin', Crean farts in the bathtub.

I think I'm going to try it.

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2012, 01:14:48 PM »

I did it. (posted "Crean farts in the bathtub")  I am so damn immature, but it made me laugh.

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2012, 01:17:22 PM »
Whats Buzz doing in Racine today?

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2012, 01:43:38 PM »

Says the guy who ended up hijacking a discussion of barbeque.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

MarsupialMadness

• All American
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2012, 01:49:00 PM »
Whats Buzz doing in Racine today?

Hitting up the A&W... that's about the only thing to do in Racine.  That and go to court.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2012, 01:55:32 PM »
What the he!! does this have to do with the best BBQ in the nation?  Stay on topic!!

feedback