[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

NC State by MUMountin
[Today at 11:25:44 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: What does it say when...  (Read 4788 times)

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
What does it say when...
« on: November 16, 2006, 02:42:42 PM »
Craig Kuphall is the only one with a personal page on our wiki roster?!  ;D
(http://www.muscoop.com/wiki/doku.php?id=men_s_basketball:2006)

More seriously though, lots of good content getting added every day over there!  As far as I know, this is, even in its young state, probably the most comprehensive collection of information about mu basketball (and related topics)!!  Way to go everyone!!

Note to the new folk (and "old" regulars alike) - feel free to add or edit articles if you feel you have something to contribute!!!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 06:21:17 PM by rocky_warrior »
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: What does it say when...
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 02:48:39 PM »
It says that we're providing more information on him that Marquette is.  8)

http://gomarquette.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/kuphall_craig00.html

I added him to the roster intially, but didn't know his height / weight.  Then someone else jumped in and added those.  Finally...a page was created.  Hey...we're all about the guys on the team that don't get names on the back of their Jerseys!   ;D

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 02:55:26 PM »
I added his page .. had just seen the website with that info, so thought I'd jump in and add it.  Quite frankly, I figured all the other players already had info!

So .. could we just copy/paste the media guide info on all the players?  Seems like a decent use of material.

DoubleMU0609

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 02:56:38 PM »
But they do!!! They do get their names on their backs now!!!

Check out the last picture of the Detroit game.  You can see Tommy's name while he shoots!!!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 03:00:30 PM by DoubleMU0609 »

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 03:02:52 PM »
So .. could we just copy/paste the media guide info on all the players?  Seems like a decent use of material.

no issues with that as long as the source is not copyrighted.. might be nice to reference them as a source to be polite.. but then it begs the question of when, after the article has been edited ad infinitum, it no longer is truly sourced from the original source.

as far as I know, wikipedia is not copyrighted and that site seems to have a lot of material about some of these topics..

EDIT: looking at wikipedia's copyright page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Copyrights) explains the rules for copying stuff from there - just reference the author (a link back suffices) and it is free (as long as we don't charge for access to the same info - which we don't).  But the question remains about how long the link back or credit should remain through the various edits a page gets.  I would say just put a simple "the information in this article was originally sourced from X" statement at the bottom of the article and leave it forever.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 03:06:29 PM by spiral97 »
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2006, 03:06:21 PM »
I'm taking credit for the walk-ons getting their names on their backs, btw.  When I went to Crean's book signing, I pleaded their case, for the love of pete, let those poor guys have their names on their jerseys. 

Two weeks later, presto!

(P.S. It's "copyright" btw.. .. I'm thinking that because it's a media guide, and therefore, a guide used to give out info to media outlets .. the rules are somewhat flexible.)

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2006, 03:09:28 PM »
(P.S. It's "copyright" btw.. .. I'm thinking that because it's a media guide, and therefore, a guide used to give out info to media outlets .. the rules are somewhat flexible.)

copyright - yeah yeah :P already went back and fixed it when I realized I chose the wrong right (how often can you say that?)

I would still say always be courteous and put a statement per my previous post at the bottom of all articles that sourced the overwhelming majority of their info from one or two places.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2006, 03:24:52 PM »
I just changed Hayward's # to 32....don't want GT going ape$h!t on MUScoop.  ;D

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2006, 03:34:48 PM »
I just changed Hayward's # to 32....don't want GT going ape$h!t on MUScoop.  ;D

Damn...I need to install that ROTFLMAO icon!  ;D

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2006, 03:45:15 PM »
I'd put an asterisk on the number and say below that it was originally #24 but was changed when GT complained, then put a link on the GT to his page and detail all of the ridiculousness there.  LOL

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2006, 03:49:35 PM »
Clearly, it should say that his number was 24 and 32, with a link to the JS story as to why it changed.

I'm trying to think of other people's number changes .. Travis was #10 then changed to 34 in honor of his .. cousin (?)

Anyone else?

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2006, 04:01:22 PM »
Brice was #10, but now Cubillan has it....not sure if you're counting walk-ons.

bma725

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2006, 06:58:45 PM »
Clearly, it should say that his number was 24 and 32, with a link to the JS story as to why it changed.

I'm trying to think of other people's number changes .. Travis was #10 then changed to 34 in honor of his .. cousin (?)

Anyone else?

Cordell was #10 for at least his freshman year, but finished with #4.  And when Doc Rivers jersey was being retired, it was brough up that he started out as #25 and switched to #31.

feedback