collapse

* Recent Posts

What do Wisconsinites call people from Illinois? by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 03:14:46 PM]

More conference realignment talk by brewcity77
[Today at 02:56:46 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Pepe Sylvia
[Today at 02:19:12 PM]

Recruiting as of 6/15/24 by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:29:07 PM]

NM by 4everwarriors
[Today at 10:37:41 AM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[Today at 10:15:40 AM]

MU all-time defensive team? by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:44:45 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Lunardi has eight Big 10 teams in as of today. Wait .... what?  (Read 6065 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Lunardi has eight Big 10 teams in as of today. Wait .... what?
« on: February 12, 2012, 04:49:41 PM »
Lunardi's latest doesn't list teams, other than #1 seeds, but has a conference breakdown and last four in/out.
So, he has eight teams in from the Big 10 and Northwestern as one of the last four out. No Big 10 teams as in the last four in.  Assuming he's not picking teams with losing records (Nebraska, Penn St.), that means three of the following four are solidly in, according to him:

Illinois   16-9, 5-7, RPI  46
Minnesota 17-8, 5-7, RPI 49
Purdue    15-9, 5-6, RPI 63
Iowa     13-12, 5-7, RPI 124

Anyhow, not sure there's any point to this post, other than wondering what the heck Lunardi is thinking.
Oh, and NU (RPI 37, conference record 5-6) is getting hosed by him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/48310/joe-lunardis-quick-bracketology-update

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
Re: Lunardi has eight Big 10 teams in as of today. Wait .... what?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 06:49:27 PM »
How many do you think the B1G will send?  They are the number one conference in college basketball.  Last year's number one sent 11.  Eight is not going to be a stretch for the B1G. 

Illinois has 4 games left that should be wins.  That puts them at 20 wins. 
Minnesota has 3 games left that should be wins and an opportunity of a statement game with Ohio State at home.

Purdue, we're squarely on the bubble.  Have three wins for sure.  Potential statement games with Michigan State at home and anything goes with rival games with Indiana last game of the year.

Iowa is not going to make it.

Northwestern, if they can come back against the Boilers in the final 3 minutes have a shot as well.
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 06:59:18 PM »
Lunardi's latest doesn't list teams, other than #1 seeds, but has a conference breakdown and last four in/out.
So, he has eight teams in from the Big 10 and Northwestern as one of the last four out. No Big 10 teams as in the last four in.  Assuming he's not picking teams with losing records (Nebraska, Penn St.), that means three of the following four are solidly in, according to him:

Anyhow, not sure there's any point to this post, other than wondering what the heck Lunardi is thinking.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/48310/joe-lunardis-quick-bracketology-update
Illinois, Minnesota and Northwestern should be in.  Purdue on the bubble.  Iowa is out. 

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 07:19:19 PM »
Iowa, NW, Purdue, Minn, and Illinois don't deserve to be in, some of them very likely will, but their resumes aren't better than a host of other mid-majors that won't get in.  Purdue beat NW today and that should bump NW off the bubble unless they go on a tear the rest of the season.

Illinois with wins over OSU and Gonzaga at least have a case.  The others really haven't done anything to deserve a bid.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 10:52:29 PM »
How many do you think the B1G will send?  They are the number one conference in college basketball.  Last year's number one sent 11.  Eight is not going to be a stretch for the B1G. 

Minnesota has 3 games left that should be wins and an opportunity of a statement game with Ohio State at home.

Huh? MN will be favored in one game - their last of the season. 

Big Ten should get six, maybe seven.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 10:56:25 PM »

Purdue, we're squarely on the bubble.  Have three wins for sure.  Potential statement games with Michigan State at home and anything goes with rival games with Indiana last game of the year.

Iowa is not going to make it.

Northwestern, if they can come back against the Boilers in the final 3 minutes have a shot as well.

Illinois won't make 20 wins. No business being in the dance.

Abode4life

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 11:30:40 PM »
Illinois won't make 20 wins. No business being in the dance.

I think the Big Ten got 7 last year?  7 or 8 is not unreasonable, however no way Iowa gets in.  And NU is going to have to win some in the conference tourney. 

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 10:19:08 AM »
Think the B1? will end up with 7.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 03:42:12 PM »
Huh? MN will be favored in one game - their last of the season. 

Big Ten should get six, maybe seven.

I think Minnesota should beat Northwestern and Nebraska remaining.  They already beat Indiana on the road, they get them in Minneapolis next.  Those are the three games they have a very good chance of winning.

Quote from: JForgetful
Iowa, NW, Purdue, Minn, and Illinois don't deserve to be in, some of them very likely will, but their resumes aren't better than a host of other mid-majors that won't get in.  Purdue beat NW today and that should bump NW off the bubble unless they go on a tear the rest of the season.

Illinois with wins over OSU and Gonzaga at least have a case.  The others really haven't done anything to deserve a bid.

Do you think Notre Dame deserves to get in?  ND's projected RPI is in the same neighborhood as Illinois, Northwestern, and Purdue.

ND 50, Illinois 51, Northwestern 54, and Purdue 58.    Minnesota is further down but they have opportunity in their hands if they win a game they shouldn't and play well in the B1G tournament.
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

MUFC9295

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 10:25:55 AM »

Glockner with 9 now... http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/andy_glockner/02/14/Bracket.Watch/index.html?sct=cb_t11_a0

MUBurrow

• All American

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 02:56:17 PM »
I could get wood looking at the draw he has set up for MU

Florida State has some nice scalps on their resume, including North Carolina.  Get by them, however, and it's a great hole shot to the Final Four.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2012, 04:34:36 PM »
Florida State has some nice scalps on their resume, including North Carolina.  Get by them, however, and it's a great hole shot to the Final Four.

True. If Baylor really comes on strong at the end of the season, they can be a force; they've been underperforming recently though. Final Four would probably require us taking it to Kentucky and that'd be a feat in itself.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2012, 07:33:20 PM »
Anybody watch IU vs Northwestern? Tough loss for an outmanned NU squad. That Shurna kid is really good but they seem to stand around waiting for him to do something.

I don't understand IUs use of Zeller. The kid is a stud. They have real guard problems. Their point guard should be at DePauw. When they hit threes, they are tough though.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2012, 08:23:36 PM »
Whole lotta schools missed on Sobolewski. Cat can flat play the point.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2012, 08:36:56 PM »
B1G Locks

Ohio State, Michigan State

B1G Should Be In

Michigan, Wisconsin, Indiana

B1G In the Mix

Illinois, Purdue, Northwestern, Minnesota

B1G Not a shot in freaking hell

Iowa, Penn State, Nebraska
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2012, 09:58:24 AM »
B1G Locks

B1G Should Be In

B1G In the Mix

Purdue, Northwestern, Minnesota

Iowa, Penn State, Nebraska, Illinois

FIXED!!!

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2012, 02:22:41 PM »

I don't understand IUs use of Zeller. The kid is a stud. They have real guard problems. Their point guard should be at DePauw. When they hit threes, they are tough though.

They could showcase Zeller more, but he's still being used very effectively.  Freshman of the Year most likely.   I've also been saying all year they have very average guards, but I wouldn't say DePauw level.  Hulls can't defend but can shoot.  Jones is a walking turnover machine that tries to do too much.  They have incredible guards coming into their program the next two years which is probably Crean's forte.  The reality is that they are going to be very good.  A number of people here don't want to admit it, some Purdue friends are finally accepting it.  They have power, height, speed, and quickness coming in to go along with Zeller and Watford.  They will be very good if their freshmen figure it out next year, but there might also be some growing pains.  Defensively they are average this year and that is mostly because their guards aren't that good on the ball defenders.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2012, 09:31:30 PM »

They could showcase Zeller more, but he's still being used very effectively.  Freshman of the Year most likely.   I've also been saying all year they have very average guards, but I wouldn't say DePauw level.  Hulls can't defend but can shoot.  Jones is a walking turnover machine that tries to do too much.  They have incredible guards coming into their program the next two years which is probably Crean's forte.  The reality is that they are going to be very good.  A number of people here don't want to admit it, some Purdue friends are finally accepting it.  They have power, height, speed, and quickness coming in to go along with Zeller and Watford.  They will be very good if their freshmen figure it out next year, but there might also be some growing pains.  Defensively they are average this year and that is mostly because their guards aren't that good on the ball defenders.
Interesting. How's Purdue looking? Haven't heard much about your "alma mater." Did you live at Cary Quad? I have some great friends that went to Purdue.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2012, 11:17:30 AM »
Interesting. How's Purdue looking? Haven't heard much about your "alma mater." Did you live at Cary Quad? I have some great friends that went to Purdue.

We're a bubble team, Nightmare, though the events of the last 24 to 48 hours could kill the team with the dismissal and suspension.  Painter has a low tolerance level for stupidity and these guys were warned.    I don't talk about Purdue here much, but happy to have you join me on the Purdue boards if you wish.  Next time Matt Painter is brought up a 100 times a week with an obsessive behavior it might strike me to respond.  You should have been on the MU chat last weekend.  I joined in the second half of the game and guess who was already on?  Chicos. At first I thought it was someone being a dickbag and posing as him, but it really was him. Would have loved to see your face on that one since you think I'm him.  Keep the conspiracy alive, it seems to drive you.

Cary quad was for undergraduates only if I recall.  As a graduate student, we lived off campus and I don't recall ever spending one waking moment (or sleeping moment) in any of the residence halls.  I did my share of running through the fountain at the engineering mall, however.  Did your friends ever spend time at Harry's Chocolate Shop?  
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 03:00:13 PM by Hoopaloop »

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2012, 09:24:27 AM »
 You should have been on the MU chat last weekend.  I joined in the second half of the game and guess who was already on?  Chicos. At first I thought it was someone being a dickbag and posing as him, but it really was him. Would have loved to see your face on that one since you think I'm him.  Keep the conspiracy alive, it seems to drive you.

That wasn't Chicos. How do i know? It was me. Let me guess...you were the guy posting all that great stuff about Vander Blue.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2012, 09:48:38 AM »
B1G Locks

B1G Should Be In

B1G In the Mix

Illinois, Purdue, Northwestern, Minnesota

Iowa, Penn State, Nebraska

B?? might only get 6 and possibly only 5 (that's probably a longshot). Illinois and Minnesota chances look grim with 5-9 conf records and rpi's of 71 and 68. Northwestern sports a 6-8 conference record, and a solid rpi (42). Lunardi has them as the last team in right now. Wonder if they would get an extra push into the tourney by the committee considering they've never made it. Purdue is probably solidly in right now with a 7-6 conf record and an rpi of 49 but after some recent turmoil, they could find themselves out as well if they drop a game to either Penn St or Nebraska (in addition to expected losses against MSU and Mich) and the first round of the Big ?? Tourney. The top 5 are locks.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=collegebasketballnation&id=49225

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2012, 10:14:57 AM »
That wasn't Chicos. How do i know? It was me. Let me guess...you were the guy posting all that great stuff about Vander Blue.
if true, this is hysterical.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2012, 11:36:55 AM »

Maybe because two of the moderators were there at the same time that can vouch for it.  I asked Chico a few weeks ago about you and what your deal is.  He had mostly nice things to say but doesn't get the current deal with you either.

"PRN is a good guy.  Sent me some very cool MU patches with the Willie Wampum swinging his hatchet years ago that I still have on my board in my office. He disappeared from the message boards for awhile and now he's back but something seems different.  Wish I knew.  Sorry you are taking the brunt of it.  I don't particularly care for his charges either, especially implying I have mental issues (or is he saying you have mental issues...????).  Wish I could help, but for some people it's like talking to a concrete wall.  It can be Christmas Day and they will insist it is Easter...you don't have a chance with those people...usually that's not PRN but it seems to be his deal since I've been able to come back to Scoop and lurk the last two months.  The great irony is that I couldn't even get on the board for probably 5 or 6 months until Hilltopper showed me how to clear my settings.  So all the nonsense he's accusing you of I couldn't even see until about December.  It is what it is.  I'm happy to talk to him via email if he wishes, but I suspect he will have none of that.  Doesn't he live in Chicago?  Why don't you two go to the DePaul game or meet at the Georgetown game?"

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2012, 12:13:23 PM »
Maybe because two of the moderators were there at the same time that can vouch for it.  I asked Chico a few weeks ago about you and what your deal is.  He had mostly nice things to say but doesn't get the current deal with you either.

"PRN is a good guy.  Sent me some very cool MU patches with the Willie Wampum swinging his hatchet years ago that I still have on my board in my office. He disappeared from the message boards for awhile and now he's back but something seems different.  Wish I knew.  Sorry you are taking the brunt of it.  I don't particularly care for his charges either, especially implying I have mental issues (or is he saying you have mental issues...????).  Wish I could help, but for some people it's like talking to a concrete wall.  It can be Christmas Day and they will insist it is Easter...you don't have a chance with those people...usually that's not PRN but it seems to be his deal since I've been able to come back to Scoop and lurk the last two months.  The great irony is that I couldn't even get on the board for probably 5 or 6 months until Hilltopper showed me how to clear my settings.  So all the nonsense he's accusing you of I couldn't even see until about December.  It is what it is.  I'm happy to talk to him via email if he wishes, but I suspect he will have none of that.  Doesn't he live in Chicago?  Why don't you two go to the DePaul game or meet at the Georgetown game?"
This is getting quite weird.

feedback