collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Lunardi has eight Big 10 teams in as of today. Wait .... what?  (Read 6042 times)

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
Re: Lunardi has eight Big 10 teams in as of today. Wait .... what?
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2012, 12:21:04 PM »
This is getting quite weird.
Getting?

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2012, 12:40:57 PM »
Purdue is probably solidly in right now with a 7-6 conf record and an rpi of 49 but after some recent turmoil, they could find themselves out as well if they drop a game to either Penn St or Nebraska (in addition to expected losses against MSU and Mich) and the first round of the Big ?? Tourney. The top 5 are locks.

This is my worry.  We're playing tough against Michigan State right now.  Down only one.  A win today would be gigantic.  Hummel is absolutely carrying us in the first half.
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2012, 09:49:18 PM »

Do you think Notre Dame deserves to get in?  ND's projected RPI is in the same neighborhood as Illinois, Northwestern, and Purdue.

Anyone who puts Notre Dame in a group with Illinois, Northwestern and Purdue and gives them equal chances of making the tournament is delusional and/or hasn't watched a college basketball game in the last month or two. I'll take ND against all 3, higher seed as tie breaker if both get in - what would you care to wager?

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2012, 06:55:47 PM »
Anyone who puts Notre Dame in a group with Illinois, Northwestern and Purdue and gives them equal chances of making the tournament is delusional and/or hasn't watched a college basketball game in the last month or two. I'll take ND against all 3, higher seed as tie breaker if both get in - what would you care to wager?

Do you think maybe the timing of the post is relevant?  On February 13th, all of those teams were virtually tied in the RPI rankings.  Would I wager 8 days later based on what has happened to Illinois?  Remember a few weeks ago when you said you weren't that impressed by Michigan?  Things change, teams get worse and teams get better.

Illinois today is 70 in the RPI.  Eight days ago when I wrote it they were one spot different than Notre Dame.  Today they are nearly 30 spots different.  Timing of posts do matter.  Performances do matter.

"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

marquette09

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2012, 02:34:39 PM »
Whole lotta schools missed on Sobolewski. Cat can flat play the point.

His play in High School was overshadowed by his teammate, and now Badger, Frank Kaminksy

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2012, 02:45:48 PM »
Who?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2012, 02:51:04 PM »
His play in High School was overshadowed by his teammate, and now Badger, Frank Kaminksy

Yeah that's true to an extent.  But anyone who watched Benet play knew that it was Sobolewski that made them truly special and not Kaminsky.  Really good team...beat Steve Taylor and Jabari Parker last year in a game played in downtown Chicago (for those that don't know, Benet is a small catholic school about an hour west of chicago).  I think the fact it was Benet turned off even some of the local schools, recruiting-wise, as I'm not sure Benet has produced a D-1 recruit...maybe ever.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2012, 03:00:20 PM »
Well, Carmody booked a real good one for the next 3 years.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2012, 03:21:55 PM »
Yeah that's true to an extent.  But anyone who watched Benet play knew that it was Sobolewski that made them truly special and not Kaminsky.  Really good team...beat Steve Taylor and Jabari Parker last year in a game played in downtown Chicago (for those that don't know, Benet is a small catholic school about an hour west of chicago).  I think the fact it was Benet turned off even some of the local schools, recruiting-wise, as I'm not sure Benet has produced a D-1 recruit...maybe ever.

That Benet team was very solid last year. In addition to Sobolewski and Kaminsky, they had another starter who went to Georgetown on a football scholarship. It had been a while in hoops, but Benet actually has a pretty strong basketball history. Loyola's new coach, Porter Moser, went to Creighton from Benet. Granted that goes back a way. There have been some others along the way, but far more in football...recently Dan Lefevre who starred at Central Michigan and was drafted by the Bears.

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2012, 03:25:25 PM »
Are you an alum?  I graduated in 2000, so my knowledge is limited to about the mid-90's on.  But I don't remember seeing too many basketball trophies on display...

marquette09

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2012, 04:08:18 PM »
That Benet team was very solid last year. In addition to Sobolewski and Kaminsky, they had another starter who went to Georgetown on a football scholarship. It had been a while in hoops, but Benet actually has a pretty strong basketball history. Loyola's new coach, Porter Moser, went to Creighton from Benet. Granted that goes back a way. There have been some others along the way, but far more in football...recently Dan Lefevre who starred at Central Michigan and was drafted by the Bears.

LeFevre was actually pretty good at basketball too, he hit a game winner to upset highly rated Bolingbrook in the 2005 State playoffs. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2012, 06:25:24 PM »
Um, yeah.
Like I was saying, eight Big 10 teams seems like a lot.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2012, 12:07:35 AM »
Um, yeah.
Like I was saying, eight Big 10 teams seems like a lot.

Bringing up a thread from three weeks ago?  Brewcity is going to be outraged.   :P   I can't blame Lunardi for the 8 he thought back in the day.  Illinois faltered as did Northwestern.  They got 6, five of them I think are seeded in the upper half of the bracket.  Big East did very well with 9, though for awhile there I was wondering if USF was going to get in.  The look on Heath's face was one of great relief.

Lunardi ended up with 67 out of 68 to recapture the title this year.  Last year he wasn't nearly as good.

Small Orange Soda

• Team Captain
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2012, 03:57:59 AM »
Bringing up a thread from three weeks ago?  Brewcity is going to be outraged.   :P   I can't blame Lunardi for the 8 he thought back in the day.  Illinois faltered as did Northwestern.  They got 6, five of them I think are seeded in the upper half of the bracket.  Big East did very well with 9, though for awhile there I was wondering if USF was going to get in.  The look on Heath's face was one of great relief.

Lunardi ended up with 67 out of 68 to recapture the title this year.  Last year he wasn't nearly as good.

I wouldn't worry about, it Hoop.  You were wrong about something you had no control over.  It happens to the best of us.