Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Blue's Form Is Improved...  (Read 4485 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Blue's Form Is Improved...
« on: February 11, 2012, 04:07:04 PM »
when shootin' free throws. Confidence is there too. All better since the "slap five" controversy.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

PGsHeroes32

• All American
Re: Blue's Form Is Improved...
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 04:17:27 PM »
his fts have been close to money lately
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 04:20:31 PM »
I cringed when he took that drifting fading 15 footer. No more of that.
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 04:23:43 PM »

Ha that one was bad. Thats a bad shot even if DJO is taking it much less vander.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 04:24:09 PM »

Figures you'd complain about the only shot he missed today.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 04:25:42 PM »
It's all about the added practice time Buzz has spent on FT's this year.   And Blue realized that making FT's was just part of being a good teammate.    ::)
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 04:27:58 PM »
Ha that one was bad. Thats a bad shot even if DJO is taking it much less vander.

Agreed. No one should take a shot like that.

And Sultan, I have been nothing but positive with the kid the last week and a half. Thats because he is improving. That shot was atrocious.
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

EnderWiggen

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2012, 05:14:06 PM »
I think the problem with Blue is that people initially expected his impact to come from ppg, when he is more of an all-around player.  At the end of his second year, his all around game is getting better and better and he is shaping up to be a really great player.  He is never going to be our star shooter but he is a big reason we are winning games.  Maybe not as big as DJO or Jae, but he is certainly helping our team in a big way and will only continue to do so.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2012, 05:24:40 PM »
I think the problem with Blue is that people initially expected his impact to come from ppg, when he is more of an all-around player.  At the end of his second year, his all around game is getting better and better and he is shaping up to be a really great player.  He is never going to be our star shooter but he is a big reason we are winning games.  Maybe not as big as DJO or Jae, but he is certainly helping our team in a big way and will only continue to do so.

Agreed. He can be frusterating at times but I have never truly knocked him. He does a lot of things well and plays defense. His rebounding at guard is awesome, and if we had more size down low it would look even better.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2012, 05:25:21 PM »
He had a pretty rough stretch to start conference, but he's picked it up a lot lately. Unless he overhauls his jumper, his game will never be pretty, but he is filling up the stat sheet right now. If he keeps improving at this rate, I think as a senior he will be a stud. Maybe not a go-to-scorer, but he will be a big stat sheet stuffer (which he already is, just more consistent).

AlienWarrior

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2012, 05:51:07 PM »
Blue is developing quite nicely. He shows improvement each game offensively and when he gets his jumper to go, watch out. He will get to the next level. He made the right decision to play for the Warriors with our up tempo game.

MU Avenue

• Team Captain
Shhhhh, we don’t talk about it
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2012, 06:00:47 PM »
Let’s not talk about Vander’s play or his shooting from the floor or the free-throw line.

Say nothing. Just sit back, watch and enjoy.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2012, 06:16:02 PM »
 His success on offense will be linked to his ability to make contested layups. Last few games he has shown some progress.

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2012, 06:49:48 PM »
I really like the way hes playing,he does a lot of things well. I wish people would cut him some slack. He plays well with others.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2012, 06:59:26 PM »
Earlier in the season it looked like Mayo was going to nudge Vander out of the lineup.  Give Vander his kudos, he really has improved on the Offensive end.  Doing little, letting
the game flow to him.  That 3 had to be a confidence booster, of course, Vander made one mistake, but big deal, they all do.  Silently, he is getting his points, glad for him.

strotty

• All American
    • Paint Touches
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2012, 07:12:00 PM »
Since Blue sunk four free throws at the end of the Villanova game and Gardner went down, here are his numbers:

14.5 points
57 percent from the field
6.3 rebounds
2.3 assists
1.8 turnovers

He has turned the corner.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2012, 09:59:08 PM »
Thanks for those numbers, strotty. I thought Blue had been playing well, but it's even better than I had thought!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2012, 04:02:53 PM »
His success on offense will be linked to his ability to make contested layups. Last few games he has shown some progress.
The point is that he is not needed to be THE scorer.  He plays an excellent all around game.  This is why he has received minutes from the day he walked on campus. 

Thank God you aren't doling out playing time.

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2012, 04:06:50 PM »
Since Blue sunk four free throws at the end of the Villanova game and Gardner went down, here are his numbers:

14.5 points
57 percent from the field
6.3 rebounds
2.3 assists
1.8 turnovers

He has turned the corner.

That's awesome.  I think he can average a similar line to that next season.  Here's to continued improvement!

mutodd5

• Walk-On
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2012, 04:26:16 PM »
I love the confidence he's showing.  I remember his & Junior's lack of it on the offensive end last year at this time.  I'm glad to see both players gaining confidence.  It's also great to see Jamail Jones contributing more.  I really love the team this year...

APieperFan3

• Team Captain
  • We Are Marquette
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2012, 04:41:54 PM »
Not sure his form has improved all that much...just harder to rip on hid form when it's going in.

He has been better/stronger around the hoop tho -which is contributing about 2 more buckets a game.

The "average fan" is an idiot.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2012, 05:44:51 PM »
The point is that he is not needed to be THE scorer.  He plays an excellent all around game.  This is why he has received minutes from the day he walked on campus. 

Thank God you aren't doling out playing time.

Can you read? I simply said his success on the offensive end will be directly related to his ability to finish contested layups. I am not sure if he will develop a jumper but barring injury, he will be able to get to the rim for the next two years.

If he ever becomes a 16ppg+ player (which he could), he will be really effective driving and finishing.

MUrugger

• Starter
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2012, 06:21:45 PM »
The type of numbers that the BLUE MAN has put up are in direct correlation to the % of confidence that his coach also now has in him to carry the load.

That corollary of production relative to coach's confidence has been an evolution to this point.  And there would be no reason to believe that both confidence and production won't evolve to higher levels over time.

VB needs to just ball and forget about the noise.  Don't forget about his teammates--which I think has been part of the improvement--just forget about the noise.

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2012, 08:51:40 PM »
Can you read? I simply said his success on the offensive end will be directly related to his ability to finish contested layups. I am not sure if he will develop a jumper but barring injury, he will be able to get to the rim for the next two years.

If he ever becomes a 16ppg+ player (which he could), he will be really effective driving and finishing.
I can read as a matter of fact.  Not sure if you do. 

You are so focused on scoring, you don't (or can't) see the good all around game Vander plays.  Lucky for us, Buzz does. 

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2012, 09:58:48 PM »
What's most impressive to me with Vander lately is the way he is finding space on the offensive end, and moving without the ball. The increase in scoring has come from a lot of assisted layups because he is making some really good cuts, both to the basket and on the baseline.

Starting to put it all together, and that's exciting.

feedback