[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Nukem2
[April 19, 2024, 09:24:02 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 19, 2024, 08:17:02 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MU Scoop Ap  (Read 4941 times)

muhoops1

• All American
MU Scoop Ap
« on: February 04, 2012, 10:03:34 PM »
OK, so I'm old and incapable of developing one myself, but could one of you younger, more technically adroit users please develop an MUScoop Ap?  I would like to use that in lieu of Safari on my IPhone, and I can read posts in offline mode whilst I'm on a plane.

Also, I will pay $3.99 annually for my subscription.  Please get started, have it developed and ready for March Madness.  Your attention is appreciated.

kryza

• Team Captain
Re: MU Scoop Ap
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 10:40:03 PM »
OK, so I'm old and incapable of developing one myself, but could one of you younger, more technically adroit users please develop an MUScoop Ap?  I would like to use that in lieu of Safari on my IPhone, and I can read posts in offline mode whilst I'm on a plane.

Also, I will pay $3.99 annually for my subscription.  Please get started, have it developed and ready for March Madness.  Your attention is appreciated.

I'm certainly not speaking for all developers out there (especially those with more time), but building an app takes a lot of blood, sweat, and tears. A simple app like that would probably take around $800-$1000 worth of time to build. That's without any profit factored in. Adding in the costs for the servers and bandwidth needed for caching the posts (so you can read them offline), there's about a 99.9% chance that the developer will never see a ROI selling to such a small niche. But, I guess, you never know who might be up for the challenge.

Personally, I'd recommend installing a RSS reader (like Feeddler for the iPhone) and then reading the posts through that app.

Here's the RSS url for MUScoop; http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?board=2.0;type=rss;action=.xml;limit=100

Just plug that into Feeddler and you should see the latest posts pop up.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 11:59:05 PM »
How about setting up muscoop on Tapatalk?  It would make it a lot easier to read and write from iPhones, Androids, Blackberry, etc.   A friend of mine has a forum, and I think it was real easy for him to make it available on Tapatalk.

Tapatalk is a mobile app built specifically for forum access. Different from mobile skin or mobile version that comes with the forum system, Tapatalk allows user to have a unified interface to access multiple forums at the same time. With million of Tapatalk users, your forum can be discovered by potential new members thru Tapatalk Network and our ranking and recommendation system.

http://www.tapatalk.com/index.php
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 12:14:38 AM by mr.MUskie »

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 08:01:57 AM »
Thanks for the feedback!  We are evaluating possible changes and stuff during the offseason and mobile access is one of the things we're keeping in our mind as we look.  Developing an MUScoop App is probably out of the question for us (any volunteers can contact Rocky or myself via PM though) but there are forum software packages that include mobile specific functionality.

PS - moving this to the suggestions board so it doesn't get lost.
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 01:06:24 PM »
I'm certainly not speaking for all developers out there (especially those with more time), but building an app takes a lot of blood, sweat, and tears. A simple app like that would probably take around $800-$1000 worth of time to build.

You are either very inexpensive or very fast :)

feedback