collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: PSA.. As the saying goes..  (Read 3820 times)

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
PSA.. As the saying goes..
« on: April 28, 2007, 09:31:44 PM »
"I just saved a bunch on my auto insurance."

For real.  ;D

Every 4-5 years, I get off my butt and re-bid my auto insurance.  Last time around, I picked the cheapest high quality firm, Liberty Mutual.  Every year, my insurance creeps up a bit.

So I went to a few internet websites and put in my info, got about 10 quotes within an hour .. all of them were 20-30% lower than my current rate.  .. I even tried getting an internet quote from my current carrier, Liberty Mutual .. it came in 10% cheaper on the web than I was already paying.

So I called them up, explained they needed to bid for my business again and come in low, or I was leaving.

The next day the guy calls back "Oh, I explained it all to my manager and got you a better rate." .. My rate plummeted 35%.  :o

So my PSA for the week is .. spend an hour, hit up a few insurance quote websites, and call up your guy and put the screws to them.  It'll be worth it.