collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 03:24:20 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:13 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by BrewCity83
[Today at 03:23:55 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:05:12 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by Uncle Rico
[Today at 02:48:12 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by tower912
[Today at 02:40:05 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Democrat Debate !  (Read 18311 times)

Murffieus

• All American
Re: Democrat Debate !
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2007, 08:38:31 PM »
tower -----you paint a worse case----there are already signs the new approach is working----Anwar province (Ramadi & Falluja are relatively safe now as the sunnis have collaborated with us there against Al Quida. Bagdad is still a problem, but sectarian violence is receding-----"move in and hold" is working as the Al quida is being hurt in Ambar Province and therefore their attempt to further sectarian violence in Bagdad is diminishing!

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2007, 02:20:29 AM »
Political deal?   But, this administration is opposed to making deals   (fake shock)     It is amusing to see the conservatives playing that ridiculous "liberal media" card as their hero's approval ratings approach DJ's 3 point shooting percentage.   If the media had done it's job in the lead-up to war, investigating outlandish claims and expressing skepticism about power instead of competing to see who could be the most jingoistic, in their orgiastic rush to war, the country would be better for it today.   Instead, they kept trying to out "fox news" each other and turned a complete blind eye to alternative, ultimately more accurate, assessments.

Tower, I know ZERO conservatives who believe Bush is their hero.  Why?  Because Bush isn't conservative.

Now, you can play Monday Morning QB all you like with the war, but I have one simple question for you. What do you think will happen if we pull out of Iraq?

If we pull out of Iraq now, a lot less US troops will be dead, including a friend who I graduated high school with, thats what will happen.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

tower912

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2007, 07:13:09 AM »
Yes, Murf, how silly of me, April being the deadliest month of the year for US troops is a clear sign that the surge is working.   How could I ever have doubted?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2007, 07:51:22 AM »
Tower-----what do you expect when you're on the offensive? Of course casulties are going to rise because you're out and about and actively engaging the enemy,

McCheese------do you know how many traffic deaths there were in the USA last year----about 50,000----and they weren't volunteers-----there have been a little over 3,000
in Iraq, but remember these are volunteers who know the consequences going in and who are willing to sacrifice their lives to protect this country-----and then the Dems want to walk away (surrender to Al Quida) and in effect say, "sorry sucker, but you died in vain"!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2007, 09:25:09 AM »
Yes, Murf, how silly of me, April being the deadliest month of the year for US troops is a clear sign that the surge is working.   How could I ever have doubted?

And year 4 of WWII was the deadliest for the USA also.....your point?

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2007, 11:27:19 AM »

technically... the Civil War was the deadliest, my guess 1863 was the deadliest in American History... but thats besides the point :)   ... if we leave, we are not surrendering to Al Quida, theres no point for us being there, thats why we need to leave.  What's wrong with being humble?  And like I said before there is a terrorist group in Northern Ireland that is much worse than Al Quida... do we attack them?  no, what about Darfur, and all the problems in Africa, do we try to solve those?  No, the only reason why Bush went to Iraq was for oil and to end what his dad couldn't (I know it was due to the UN, see Bush Sr. actually listened to the UN)
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2007, 12:48:13 PM »
McCheese----you need to think  this a lot more than you apparently have.

Isn't Al Quida that arm of Radical Islam which attacked this country on 9/11-----isn't that the same arm of Radical Islam that wants to do us in----that would like to acquire Nukes or other WMD and smuggle it in here and demolish a few cities?
And you say be "humble and leave" and that realy isn't a surrender to Al Quida".

Who do you think instigated and is right now formenting the civil war in Iraq? Who do you think the major beneficiary would be if we pulled out? ------Al Quida's ranks would grow-----money would pour in as Al Quida would be seen as the future and America as a paper tiger! This would spawn more terrorism here and  bring on more and deadlier wars in the future!

Did the terrorist group in Northern Ireland or Darfor attack and kill of our 3,000 citizens and threaten us with destruction? Incidentally with the help of the British troops things have stablized quite a bit in Northern Ireland as they finally got sick of killing one another!

McCheese your idea was tried by Neville Chamberlin in 1936 at Munich-----read the history books to find out what haopened!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2007, 02:48:01 PM »

technically... the Civil War was the deadliest, my guess 1863 was the deadliest in American History... but thats besides the point :)   ... if we leave, we are not surrendering to Al Quida, theres no point for us being there, thats why we need to leave.  What's wrong with being humble?  And like I said before there is a terrorist group in Northern Ireland that is much worse than Al Quida... do we attack them?  no, what about Darfur, and all the problems in Africa, do we try to solve those?  No, the only reason why Bush went to Iraq was for oil and to end what his dad couldn't (I know it was due to the UN, see Bush Sr. actually listened to the UN)

Mayor...if we leave what do you think will happen to Iraq. I asked the same question to Tower and still await an answer.

Personally, I think it will come under total control of Iran and MILLIONS will die.  What do you think will happen?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2007, 05:07:03 PM »
Chico, I addressed your question with an honest proposal.  Typical Republican lie, claiming I didn't answer your question.   However, I don't guarantee my proposal would work.   But at least it is a plan with clear goal in mind.    Still waiting for one from this administration.    The one with the 28% approval rating.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 05:11:52 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2007, 07:32:45 PM »
Tower----3 seperate "semi autonoumous"  regions sounds good, but wouldn't work in Iraq for the simple reason that the sunnis and crapes are interdespersed in Bagdad and south-----and the Kurd and sunnis are interdisperesed north of Bagdad quite a bit. How to you get millions of people to pick up and leave their homes move to new regions and start over -----this would be a logistial nightmare.

The answer in Iraq has to be a political accomodation as we have recently in Northern Ireland where the two sects got tired of killing one another-------but Al Quida is standing in the way by killing crapes and the crapes reataliating by killing sunnis spawning a vicious circle (Al Quida instigating sectarian violence)!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2007, 01:31:18 PM »
Chico, I addressed your question with an honest proposal.  Typical Republican lie, claiming I didn't answer your question.   However, I don't guarantee my proposal would work.   But at least it is a plan with clear goal in mind.    Still waiting for one from this administration.    The one with the 28% approval rating.

Tower, I'm not a Republican.  Hate to break it to you.  And no, I didn't think you answered my question.  You gave me fluff about a "political" solution.  I asked you a very straight forward question, WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF WE PULLED OUT.

You ignored that question...thus, you didn't answer it.  I can't make it any clearer for you.  I'll try again, what would happen if we PULLED OUT as many on the Democrat side and virtually ALL of the hard left liberals (that doesn't mean all Dems) are asking for.  What would happen...that is the question.   
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 01:34:25 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2007, 02:50:59 PM »
Chaos, which we have now.   Training ground for islamic extremists, which we have now.   No oil revenue for the foreseeable future, which we have now.   Growing Irani influence, which we have now.  Ever increasing sectarian violence, wwhn.  A big stinking pile of problems, wwhn.   I don't know that my proposed solution will work.  But it is still more detailed than anything this administration has come up with.   

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2007, 04:17:44 PM »
The Dems haven't though that far ahead----haven't thoght about the consequences of pulling out----or if they have, they've duped themselves into thinking Iraq all of a sudden will be peaceful and serene as thethinking goes-----we are the instgators of the violence!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2007, 04:28:56 PM »
It won't be the first time the D's and the american people have been duped.   We were told that this would be done in 6 weeks, that we would be greeted as liberators, that oil revenue would pay for it, and that WMD's were north, south, west, and east of Baghdad.    Damn, those dupers.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2007, 06:01:00 PM »
Chaos, which we have now.   Training ground for islamic extremists, which we have now.   No oil revenue for the foreseeable future, which we have now.   Growing Irani influence, which we have now.  Ever increasing sectarian violence, wwhn.  A big stinking pile of problems, wwhn.   I don't know that my proposed solution will work.  But it is still more detailed than anything this administration has come up with.   

Very good, at least you answered this time.  Now, you seem to caveat everything so I'll ask you to take it one step further.

If we pulled out now would the chaos be WORSE then now or better?  Would the Iranian influence be STRONGER than now or less without the US there?

Thank you in advance for your responses.

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2007, 07:47:54 PM »
Tower the Dems weren't "duped" into the war----they saw the same intel that GWB saw that Tony Blair saw------Sen Rockefeller (Dem, Ark.) was the minority leader of the Senate Intelligence committee----the Dems listened to him----and he was 100% behind the invasion and cited WMD as the reason-----so quit saying Bush lied-----Rockefeller saw everything Bush did!

But hat doesn't really answer the question we've been asking-----and that is about Iraq if we are forced to wave the white flag of surrender by being forced out by the Dems-----what happens then? Does Al Quida get stronger or weaker? Will Al Quida attract more of a following or less? Will Al Quida attract more money or less? Will this victory encourage and enbolden them to attempt bigger and more nefarious attacks-----or will they simply pack their bags and say mission accomplished and go home?????

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2007, 08:11:06 PM »
It won't be the first time the D's and the american people have been duped.   We were told that this would be done in 6 weeks, that we would be greeted as liberators, that oil revenue would pay for it, and that WMD's were north, south, west, and east of Baghdad.    Damn, those dupers.

You seem to cherry pick a lot of comments, something libs always blame this administration does.

Can you please tell me where George Bush ever said this would take 6 weeks or that it would be easy or that it would last a short while.

Thanks

tower912

• All American
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2007, 11:47:40 AM »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2007, 03:48:05 PM »
http://politicalhumor.about.com/cs/quotethis/a/rumsfeldquotes.htm
  Try some of these.

Yes, those are nice Rumsfeld quotes.  Again, and this has now become a pattern...I ask a question and you answer a different question.

Let's try again, can you tell me where President Bush said this would last 6 weeks or it would be over quickly. 

Thank you

feedback