collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: So.....how am I to interpret this?  (Read 3649 times)

GGGG

• All American
So.....how am I to interpret this?
« on: January 26, 2012, 03:54:15 PM »
So I joined the Scout board last October and post there occasionally.  A couple days ago, I started a post stating "I posted this over on Scoop the other day..."

Which lead me to get this in my inbox from Dodds:  "do you ever go to the Scoop board and mention that you just posted 'x' on the MU hoops board?"

I try to respond with a "I don't think so but I've been posting there much longer," and see he doesn't accept PMs.    Was I being reprimanded?

ringout

• Team Captain
Re: So.....how am I to interpret this?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 03:58:50 PM »
So I joined the Scout board last October and post there occasionally.  A couple days ago, I started a post stating "I posted this over on Scoop the other day..."

Which lead me to get this in my inbox from Dodds:  "do you ever go to the Scoop board and mention that you just posted 'x' on the MU hoops board?"

I try to respond with a "I don't think so but I've been posting there much longer," and see he doesn't accept PMs.    Was I being reprimanded?
Dodds has been an arrogant bleep since his undergrad days.  He has an Silver MU Spoon, and lived off of it his whole life.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 04:07:12 PM »
Don't take it personally.    Remember he is trying to make money over there and views this board as juvenile anarchy.    Not that he is wrong about that.    Personally, I sometimes get tripped up trying to remember who I am arguing with about what and post the wrong reply on the wrong board and then wonder what the hell I was thinking.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

jfmu

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 04:20:50 PM »

he did the same thing to me awhile back and went on an incoherent rant that concluded something to the effect of Walgreens not allowing CVS to post coupons in their stores

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 08:13:33 PM »
Well I will go to CVS for some things and Walgreens for others. But if the CVS manager bitches at me for bringing in a Walgreens bag, I won't be shopping at CVS very often. I was actually thinking about trying the premium site...put those plans on hold.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 08:24:19 PM »
Well I will go to CVS for some things and Walgreens for others. But if the CVS manager bitches at me for bringing in a Walgreens bag, I won't be shopping at CVS very often. I was actually thinking about trying the premium site...put those plans on hold.
The premium board is not worth it, IMHO.  Scout has many articles, MU's Scout Board generates none.  You can pay to hear some tidbits, but nothing worth the cost.  It used to be a murff free zone, so to some that was worth the price.  Frankly, I consider dodd's lazy and the board worthless.  I left there two years ago, told him my reasons and he has changed nothing.  He will cut and paste this thread, though, attacking each and every one of us.  His MO.  Generating useful information, though, is not part of his MO.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 08:31:26 PM »
I was a premium member, it okay.

Then Dodds manlove for some sports teams got me banned.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 09:05:09 PM »
Why would anyone waste their time/money on a site that is self serving, has an agenda, and run via the Tom Crean school of arrogance?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, 12:47:54 AM »

For the record, we happily allow links to the MU Scout board from MUScoop.  Dodds likes to run the only "dead end" on the web though, not much getting around that.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2012, 08:20:16 AM »
I'll never understand the antagonism.   I honestly believe we're enriched by having partnerships (like with CS) than we'd be putting up walls, discouraging the MU community from experiencing the whole web.   This isn't a Coke/Pepsi battle.

In previous conversations, it was obvious a major source of his angst was Chicos on Scoop.. maybe he hasn't gotten the memo on his whereabouts.

Meanwhile, as rocky said .. mention Scout, link to Scout .. post a jpeg of your payment for Scout's premium board .. we care not, let freedom reign.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2012, 12:06:52 PM »
You may remember I used to post game highlight videos here on scoop.  I didn't know the code to embed them at Hoops so I posted a link to scoop so there users could see the videos I cut.

Needless to say, it didn't go over so well. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2012, 12:48:41 PM »
Nukem posted a link to the IWB's new site there this morning.  I think that post was deleted in less than an hour.

wyzgy

• Team Captain
  • he who laughs last, laughs...last
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2012, 04:09:52 PM »
maybe the dude missed the class on pr or the part about the customer always being the customer until ya piss him off ;D

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2012, 11:05:26 PM »

I post on the Scout site more than I do here, and under a different name.

I joined the premium board last year and was not at all impressed. It was good for about 5 new pieces of information over the course of 365 days which is not worth my 85 dollars. I decided to give it one more year but if it doesn't greatly improve I will be cancelling my subscription.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2012, 08:01:17 AM »
I post on the Scout site more than I do here, and under a different name.

I joined the premium board last year and was not at all impressed. It was good for about 5 new pieces of information over the course of 365 days which is not worth my 85 dollars. I decided to give it one more year but if it doesn't greatly improve I will be cancelling my subscription.
Unless dodds has a transformation, it will not change.  Nothing new there.  Definitely not worth the money, IMHO.  I stated that when I quit that site.  I haven't been back since, don't miss it at all, and as I hear from my friends who still are members - same old, same old.