Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: BigEast Tournament -Thread -Who's Going, Hotels, Ticket Sources, Meeting Places  (Read 9875 times)

RideMyBuycks

• All American
Hey Guys-

So the MU ticket office wont let me buy more than one student ticket for the Friday night game. I'm looking to go out there with my brother (non-MU student). Does anyone know how strict they are with the will-call pick-up of student tickets? Would I be okay giving him a buddy's student ID that looks similar to him to pick up one of his own? Thanks

Warriors4ever

• All American
I've never heard of fansnap.  Is that a reliable source, in the same vein as Stubhub?  I'm leery of Craigslist due to scams, and I know a guy who bought off the street last year and the tickets were fake. 

reinko

• All American
I've never heard of fansnap.  Is that a reliable source, in the same vein as Stubhub?  I'm leery of Craigslist due to scams, and I know a guy who bought off the street last year and the tickets were fake. 

Fansnap is similar to a service like Kayak, it searches a bunch of ticket sites at once.

Warriors4ever

• All American
Thanks, we'll check it out.
Since so many people are staying at the team hotel (we are not) we may go over there tomorrow night, assume MU people will be hanging in the bar there.
Will plan to hit Lucy's on Thursday.
Any Scoopers going should wear name tags with their screen names.....  We'll be the two crazy middle-aged women  in gold.

wojosdojo

• All American
Bilas and Raftery were just talking about how they hope the tourney goes back to 12 teams because it is more rewarding, exciting, and makes the games at the final stretch mean something to the 10, 11, 12 teams. Thoughts?

96warrior

• Team Captain
Bilas and Raftery were just talking about how they hope the tourney goes back to 12 teams because it is more rewarding, exciting, and makes the games at the final stretch mean something to the 10, 11, 12 teams. Thoughts?

Heard that, too...thought it was an interesting concept. Gives a real sense of urgency to the regular season play, which I like. Also agreed with their comment along the lines of it's real life, you don't always get to win/you don't always get automatically rewarded.

THEultimateWARRIOR

• Team Captain
Hey Guys-

So the MU ticket office wont let me buy more than one student ticket for the Friday night game. I'm looking to go out there with my brother (non-MU student). Does anyone know how strict they are with the will-call pick-up of student tickets? Would I be okay giving him a buddy's student ID that looks similar to him to pick up one of his own? Thanks
I was wondering the same thing I wanted to do this with my dad anyone know the answer to this? Tickets for students are only 40 so its a deal.

classof2k

• Scholarship Player
Anyone have secrets about timing stubhub (or similar) for the best price?  I've decided to pull the trigger, but prices have gone up ~$20 since this time yesterday.  My theory is to checkin tonight after the after the SH vs. Louisville game under the assumption that the market will get replenished... but haven't a clue if that's a good assumption to make or if the prices are going to continue to increase as the teams will be known.

Warriors4ever

• All American
Can't seem to link to the lucy's cantina info, had looked a couple of days ago and my recollection is that there would be gatherings two hours before and after the game tomorrow, hope my recollection is correct.
Beautiful day today here in ny.

96warrior

• Team Captain
Reinko where did you get that address for Lucy's? That is 20 blocks north of the garden. There is a Lucys right outside of the arena, think that must be it but maybe there is more than one location. Google search only turns up the one next to the garden though.

reinko

• All American
Reinko where did you get that address for Lucy's? That is 20 blocks north of the garden. There is a Lucys right outside of the arena, think that must be it but maybe there is more than one location. Google search only turns up the one next to the garden though.

You are indeed correct, not sure if it was a brainfart or what.

34th and 8th, NOT 54th and 8th  :P

96warrior

• Team Captain
No worries...thanks! That makes it way more convenient!

feedback