Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: BigEast Tournament -Thread -Who's Going, Hotels, Ticket Sources, Meeting Places  (Read 9874 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
For those of you looking for a safety valve out of NYC if MU fails to make the finals Airtran has several $71 one way fights to MKE via ATL Saturday.  Non-refundable but cheaper than another night in NYC.  Don't know how long they'll last but I got one.

That the spirit Bro. Way to go all out and back the team.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Warriors4ever

• All American
Staying till Sunday no matter whether MU advances or not (hoping of course that they will).  Have flights and hotel, still need to work on tickets.

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
I will be there in Section 116, Row 10 ... arriving on Wednesday in time for the night session and then every game after that. MU does a good job w/ pre and post game parties
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 09:58:27 PM by NYWarrior »

Bocephys

• All American
Staying till Sunday no matter whether MU advances or not (hoping of course that they will).  Have flights and hotel, still need to work on tickets.

Same here, I'm hoping the scalping situation goes alright.

DegenerateDish

• All American
Going to be in NYC on Thursday. Best bet to get a ticket right outside MSG on the street?

geps

• Team Captain
  • Double down
Staying at Doubletree Chelsea. Leaving @4am on Wed to make noon game. Sitting in 105. Can't wait.

onetime

• Walk-On
If anyone wants tix to the Tues or Wed sessions, please let me know.  Not arriving until late Wed., will part with these sessions cheap.  Thanks

hobbers@att.net

THEultimateWARRIOR

• Team Captain
Does anyone know if the Roosevelt still has room on the Marquette block? I know the offer expired the 16th but i really want to stay there with the team.

warriormom

• Scholarship Player
I just booked for $179 at the Roosevelt

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
Roosevelt brings back memories!   16 of us in one room;worked until one of us found a rollaway in the hall wheeled it into the bathroom and passed out on it. Glad the windows opened

96warrior

• Team Captain
Is the Roosevelt definitely where the team is staying?

THEultimateWARRIOR

• Team Captain
Is the Roosevelt definitely where the team is staying?
Yes call and book with the Marquette basketball block. Anyone know if I could get away with buying a student ticket for my dad?

96warrior

• Team Captain
Thanks, ultimate.

I have a set of two tickets for the Tuesday and Wednesday games - section 112, row 22 - message me if interested. I'd have to FedEx them to you since I have the booklets in hand, so add shipping to this:

Selling at face value so cost is $20 per ticket, per session for the Tuesday games ($40 for both tickets); $25 per ticket, per session for the Wednesday games ($50 for both tickets).
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 03:33:16 PM by 96warrior »

4everwarriors

• All American
FedEx will store the tickets in a temperature controlled environment if shipments have stopped for the day.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

onetime

• Walk-On
2 tix in 303 Row B for all Tues-Wed sessions.  If anyone can use any of them and will be at the game tomorrow let me know, I'll bring them & they're yours-  would rather see a MU fan use them

hobbers@att.net or message me

Gwaki

• All American
This is where Marquette puts the cheerleaders, dance team, mascot, and band.

It is a piece of crap.

I disagree.  We had some good nights in that hotel.  Remember the ladies you chatted with next door?

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
I disagree.  We had some good nights in that hotel.  Remember the ladies you chatted with next door?

Good thing I asked them for ID.

classof2k

• Scholarship Player
Any advice on the best way to land 1 ticket to Thursday's 7:00 Marquette game?  I have the "fortune" of having to travel to NYC for work late this week and am going to catch some hoops while I'm in the city.  Is it best to score something outside the garden shortly before the game, or go with stubhub between now and Thursday?

reinko

• All American
Any advice on the best way to land 1 ticket to Thursday's 7:00 Marquette game?  I have the "fortune" of having to travel to NYC for work late this week and am going to catch some hoops while I'm in the city.  Is it best to score something outside the garden shortly before the game, or go with stubhub between now and Thursday?

I'm in a similar boat, but can't make it down till Friday and will be looking for a single.  Gonna take the risk of trying to find something on the street, or possibly going to the Alumni gathering beforehand to see if anyone has an extra single.  Once teams start losing on Tues/Wed I imagine the market will get flooded with tickets.  You would have to guess the following teams will be out by Thursday; St. Johns, Nova, Pitt, and maybe even UCONN.

DegenerateDish

• All American
I'm in the same exact boat as you two guys, I'm going there for "work" on Thursday to NYC, and trying to get 1 for Thursday night. I have no way to be in NYC to hit up people walking out of MSG to buy a ticket for Thursday night. Where's the alumni gathering on Thursday before the game? I've checked Stubhub, and not all that impressed (but maybe I'm wrong and should be).

reinko

• All American
I'm in the same exact boat as you two guys, I'm going there for "work" on Thursday to NYC, and trying to get 1 for Thursday night. I have no way to be in NYC to hit up people walking out of MSG to buy a ticket for Thursday night. Where's the alumni gathering on Thursday before the game? I've checked Stubhub, and not all that impressed (but maybe I'm wrong and should be).

Alumni gathering is at Lucy's Cantina, 54th and 8th.  Drink and food specials 2 hours before and 2 hours after each game.
http://marquette.edu/alumni/eventsreunions-basketball.php?tab=5#TabbedPanels1

THEultimateWARRIOR

• Team Captain
Found some GREAT deals on Craigslist from personal season ticket holders who will actually walk me into the game so I know its not scammed. Do a tickets-for sale by owner search in craigslist new york. I got a $100 ticket section 103. Saw same section on stub hub for $500!

classof2k

• Scholarship Player
I can't get to craigslist from here at work, but thanks for the recommendation.  I'll check that out when I get the chance.  One hesitation I have with pre-purchase is that I'm going to be reliant on a flight being on time.  Best case, I'll be to MSG by about 6:10 (using expected travel times given me by New Yorkers).  For those with experience, is it easy to find something within the hour before?... or is that risking having to spend far too much?  I'm leaning toward putting my trust in Delta and avoiding the stress involved in having to find a seat after I get there.

reinko

• All American
Ticket prices are steadily declining as the week goes on.  Lowest in the $40-$50 range on Fansnap for Thursday night session.

http://www.fansnap.com/big-east-tournament-tickets/big-east-basketball-tournament-session-6-marquette-vs-tbd-notre-dame-vs-tbd/march-08-2012-801014

Archie

• Walk-On
Got my tickets in hand and in the middle of the ticket is a large "Big East Conference" logo. This logo is embossed on the ticket so you can feel the texture on front and back. This may be a good way to tell if tix that you buy from scalpers, or anywhere else, is counterfeit.

feedback