Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: heat vs bullls - wade a baby when he loses  (Read 4825 times)

passion of da coach

• Scholarship Player
heat vs bullls - wade a baby when he loses
« on: April 21, 2007, 07:19:48 PM »
It's probably been said before, but Wade sure does cry like a baby whenever the Heat lose to the Bulls. 

MUEng92

• All American
Re: heat vs bullls - wade a baby when he loses
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 08:17:58 PM »
Coming here and posting that is like going to a bar in Chicago and saying Walter Payton was a sissy.

Just walk away, and no one will get hurt.

augoman

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 10:47:27 PM »
who are the bulls?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 11:03:30 AM »
It's probably been said before, but Wade sure does cry like a baby whenever the Heat lose to the Bulls. 

Show me a good loser .... and I'll show you a loser.

p.s. Go Bulls.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 06:55:36 PM »

Show me a good loser .... and I'll show you a loser.

I love that quote, I hated when everyone yelled at Adam Morrison for crying last year, yup, just lost your last college basketball game ever, just laugh it off...  shows that he cares about the team, and how they do, and not just himself.  Wish more NBA players would do that, care about their team.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

passion of da coach

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 08:40:15 AM »
what happened to just saying we were outplayed today rather than blaming the refs or whatever else , its not like the calls were onesided, PJ Brown and Kirk played less than 20 minutes each due to foul trouble.

That's all, seems like he is the typical nba superstar and nothing is ever his fault...

tonyreeder

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 08:42:14 AM »
RE: Morrison
Cry all you want after the game. Your team still has a chance to win and you're weeping openly DURING the game.  That was weak.

CWSKeith

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 12:53:04 PM »
what happened to just saying we were outplayed today rather than blaming the refs or whatever else , its not like the calls were onesided, PJ Brown and Kirk played less than 20 minutes each due to foul trouble.

That's all, seems like he is the typical nba superstar and nothing is ever his fault...

Not to mention the irony of Wade ever complaining about fouls... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aySGUzzxjGE&mode=related&search=

But I digress.  He's gotta be tough to play through that shoulder injury.  He clearly isn't the same player when he's hurt, and as a Bulls fan that makes me very happy (not to see him hurt, obviously, but just that he probably won't be able to take over this series).  I also hope the Bulls keep Sefolosha on him, as Thabo played a brilliant defensive game Saturday afternoon.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 02:24:29 PM »
No Bulls fans should EVER say a word about fouls. If you were in the same area code as Michael, it was a foul. That said, the NBA is a joke. The players are creeps, the officiating is a travesty, and David Stern is a media ho.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2007, 04:21:25 PM »
No Bulls fans should EVER say a word about fouls. If you were in the same area code as Michael, it was a foul. That said, the NBA is a joke. The players are creeps,

Maybe, but most of those players were in college once. Allen Iverson dand Reuben Patterson didn't suddenly turn into a creeps the day they declared for the draft. They and those like them were nurtured into creeps by street agents, AAU hustlers, shoe company representatives, star-f**king fans and alumni, enabling coaches, placating college administrators, etc.
Some people were born creeps, but most creeps were created.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2007, 12:38:39 PM »
No Bulls fans should EVER say a word about fouls. If you were in the same area code as Michael, it was a foul. That said, the NBA is a joke. The players are creeps,

Maybe, but most of those players were in college once. Allen Iverson dand Reuben Patterson didn't suddenly turn into a creeps the day they declared for the draft. They and those like them were nurtured into creeps by street agents, AAU hustlers, shoe company representatives, star-f**king fans and alumni, enabling coaches, placating college administrators, etc.

Yes, the College game has creeps too.  The difference is in the numbers.  Whereas the NBA is like 40% creeps, the College Game is like 10%.  Most kids you see play in college will never play professionally, and a decent portion of them know that.  It's their last four years to shine... and it shows in the quality of the product.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2007, 01:49:58 PM »

Yes, the College game has creeps too.  The difference is in the numbers.  Whereas the NBA is like 40% creeps, the College Game is like 10%.  Most kids you see play in college will never play professionally, and a decent portion of them know that.  It's their last four years to shine... and it shows in the quality of the product.

The quality of the product? Are you kidding me?
I'm a much bigger fan of the college game than the pro game, but I also recognize that the quality of play in the NBA is light years ahead of the college game. It's not even close. Honestly, I can't even see how it's debatable. Everything about the pro game is better: the shooting, the passing, the athleticism, the defense, the coaching. Everything.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2007, 07:38:04 PM »

I'm a much bigger fan of the college game than the pro game, but I also recognize that the quality of play in the NBA is light years ahead of the college game. It's not even close. Honestly, I can't even see how it's debatable. Everything about the pro game is better: the shooting, the passing, the athleticism, the defense, the coaching. Everything.

I'll take the weel coached Florida team over teams like the Celtics, Bucks, Grizzlies, any day... I believe Florida Gators would have made the playoffs this year... like the 2005 UNC team....

the players ARE better in the NBA... the play is not.  It is so sloppy, I can't stand watching the NBA, the play is sloppy, and just seems like the players don't care.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

MarquetteDano

• All American
Quality = Entertainment
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2007, 10:16:01 PM »

The quality of the product meaning entertainment.  Are NBA more skilled?  Of course.   Ever watch an early season NBA game in the second quarter?  Can you say B-O-R-I-N-G?

Futhermore, the great NBA, with still mainly U.S. players, still can't put together a team that can win a Gold Medal or World Championship.  Pathetic.

If the quality of the product equals talent level, then NBA wins.  The quality equals the best entertainment for your money, NCAA baby!

Pakuni

• All American
Re: Quality = Entertainment
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2007, 11:10:25 PM »
The quality of the product meaning entertainment.  Are NBA more skilled?  Of course.   Ever watch an early season NBA game in the second quarter?  Can you say B-O-R-I-N-G?

Futhermore, the great NBA, with still mainly U.S. players, still can't put together a team that can win a Gold Medal or World Championship.  Pathetic.

If the quality of the product equals talent level, then NBA wins.  The quality equals the best entertainment for your money, NCAA baby!

Fair enough, but then, I think, you're confusing style of play with quality of play. I prefer the style of play in the NCAA. I prefer that the games mean more, the feel in the arena is more passionate, etc. But the game is played at nowhere near the same level as it is in the pros. It's no different than the NFL in that regard.

To His Honor McCheese: The Gators would have zero chance to make the NBA playoffs. None. Zippo. They'd be lucky to win a half dozen NBA games.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
Re: Quality = Entertainment
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2007, 01:26:26 AM »

Fair enough, but then, I think, you're confusing style of play with quality of play. I prefer the style of play in the NCAA. I prefer that the games mean more, the feel in the arena is more passionate, etc. But the game is played at nowhere near the same level as it is in the pros. It's no different than the NFL in that regard.

To His Honor McCheese: The Gators would have zero chance to make the NBA playoffs. None. Zippo. They'd be lucky to win a half dozen NBA games.

you are telling me the Florida Gators... chalk full of players who will be first round picks (Noah, Horford, Brewer) along with Humphrey draining threes and Green, a more than adequate PG, couldn't beat some of the NBA teams.... no way the Celtics beat Florida... or Milwaukee... or Memphis... hell I would take Florida over Charlotte, Portland, Seattle, Atlanta, Minnesota, Indiana, Sacramento, New York, Philly.... theres about a dozen teams right there...

you forget what a team who plays as a team can do to teams that play as individuals.... a well coached team to teams that lack coaching.  Not to mention we are using NCAA refs... since NBA refs don't count as real refs.

However Im also the guy who says that I could be a decent player in the WNBA... not an all-star, but I could be a roleplayer   :)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 01:27:58 AM by Mayor McCheese »

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2007, 06:26:42 PM »
I think the talent in the NBA is 99 times better than in college, but that is also why the game isn't as entertaining.

This is a whole different subject, but I almost feel like the NBA court is just too small for the modern players.

The reason isolation and pick and rolls have become so important in the modern game is because the swing pass and/or longer passes aren't really options on because guys are so long and so quick that they pick off any pass that travels more than 6 ft.

I think the different (lower) talent levels in the NCAA actually makes the game better. Kinda like how women's tennis is actually more entertaining then men's because the women actually volley... the men hit it so hard that the point is usually over in 2 swings which really isn't fun to watch.

mviale

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2007, 09:59:33 PM »
That is not the dwade I know - playing very gingerly
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

CWSKeith

• Starter
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2007, 01:21:07 AM »
Woot!  One more, baby! :rockin'