collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What is Marquette's national reputation/perception?  (Read 43847 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: What is Marquette's national reputation/perception?
« Reply #100 on: January 02, 2012, 03:17:46 PM »
Feel free to refute it.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

chapman

• All American
« Reply #101 on: January 02, 2012, 05:07:16 PM »
To transfer to UW is actually much easier than getting accepted. I reluctantly admit my oldest son went to MU for 1+ years and transferred to UW. If my son had attended UWM he would have been accepted one semester earlier. All said and done the 2+ years at UW a better investment.

Indeed, I had friends who spent their freshman years at MU and UWM after getting rejected from UW and were admitted as transfers.  I did the flip and went from UW to MU.  I did have a couple close friends in my graduating class with high GPAs and ACT scores get rejected and waitlisted (the waitlisted one was a 3.7 GPA and 26 ACT), which was upsetting when I got to school and found they take many out of state students with much less impressive credentials-UW at that time had the lowest percentage of in state students of any public school in the country and it was quite obvious if you spent time on campus.  It was also almost like "culture shock" in Madison  with how they catered to out of state students.  Not sure if it's still that way, but most likely.

As for the main topic at hand, MU has been perceived very well by those I've encountered after graduation in time spent living up and down the east coast.  No Ivy League, but certainly not "second rate".  Wouldn't even say most people think all Big Ten schools are a notch above MU-they like their #1 state schools whether they're Big Ten or ACC or SEC, and MU has been considered a strong academic school and basketball school (possibly helping the perception of the former).  Even had someone ask me if MU struggles to get good basketball recruits...I was about to start with the climate when they continued the question with "because of their academic admissions standards". 

When I went to school at MU in the early 2000s the girls were supremely terrible.

And yes, having lived in several places with many college campuses nearby after graduating, it only confirmed what we always thought of the girls at MU.  Though they seemed to have gotten better the past couple times I had visited campus. 

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #102 on: January 02, 2012, 06:21:34 PM »
Well, boys, you can dish it out but you can't take it?  I think it is put up or shut up time.

And I don't want to hear excuses about not having a picture.  All of you alums before the class of 1996 can PM me your real name and I can pull it out of the Hilltop archives.

I must say, in my day many of you guys were no prize, either.  Once-a-semester haircut, 5-day growth of beard, beer belly, Real Chili-stained sweatshirt.....

You forgot to add blood stains from slippin' on the floor at the 'Lanche.  ;D

feedback