[Today at 03:17:33 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [PaintTouches]Buzz Williams' quote about the importance of Buzz's Bunch  (Read 3032 times)

PaintTouchesSays

Buzz Williams’ quote about the importance of Buzz’s Bunch

Written by: Mark Strotman

Marquette coach Buzz Williams hosted the second of three Buzz’s Bunch shoot arounds prior to Saturday afternoon’s game against Northern Colorado. The program, created by Williams, brings together special needs children and their families with the Marquette basketball family. Along … Continue reading →

http://painttouches.com/2011/12/17/buzz-williams-quote-about-the-importance-of-buzzs-bunch/

« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 05:56:47 PM by SoCalwarrior »

strotty

• All American
    • Paint Touches
I really hope you will all find time to read this quote from Buzz on the importance of Buzz's Bunch.

My brother is a two-time cancer survivor and a member of Buzz's Bunch. He attended the shoot around today and, as he always does, had an amazing time. My younger brother went too and shot around.

It truly is amazing to see each and every player and coach on Marquette's roster smiling and laughing with these kids. Even for an hour, any pain or suffering the kids are going through is gone for an hour. It's just them and the Marquette family playing basketball, taking pictures, signing autographs and just having an overall good time.

This is the best thing Buzz has done for the Marquette program. The signing of Todd Mayo may be a close second.  ;)

turk17

• Scholarship Player
What a great article.  Thank you for that.

reinko

• All American
Awesome sauce.  Emailed to a dozen folks already.

Well done gents.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Great article...is it cynical of me that "Buzz Williams' Texas Style Bar-B-Q" came to mind as I read this?

Nonetheless...really glad to see Buzz and the team doing this work. My mom is an early childhood teacher and I've had the chance to help her with kids like this over the years. Really admirable stuff on Buzz's part, and glad he has the team taking part.

I know there are those that disagree, but stuff like this is why I'm convinced Buzz is here to stay. He's putting down roots that you don't just sever.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

connie

• All American
This is a GREAT program that deserves your support.  Our 12/17 tickets were donated to Buzz's Bunch so that other families could take advantage of the coach and team's generosity.  Buzz sponsors 3 games a year.  The next game for Buzz's Bunch is for UWM on 12/22.  If you cannot use your tickets, please consider donating them to Buzz's Bunch.  All you need to do is call the MU BB program, and they will confirm your donation and re-print your tickets for a special needs family.  If not this year, think about next. 
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

NersEllenson

• All American
Really great article on Buzz's Bunch.  Great experience for the players and the kids/families in Buzz's Bunch.  Hard to feel down on your luck as a D-1 athlete (even if struggling), when you see what some people, families face on a day to day basis.  A great life lesson for the players, and hopefully a great lifetime memory for the kids in Buzz's Bunch...
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Jay Bee

• All American
The Northern Colorado game, though? Hopefully in the future these families get to see better games.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

connie

• All American
The Northern Colorado game, though? Hopefully in the future these families get to see better games.

That's actually another lesson:  The kids don't care.  They are just happy to be there.
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

MUmama

• Walk-On

They do these games because they can use student section tickets. That way the participants have great seats, and they can easily get to and from the court.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 12:26:14 PM by MUmama »

W

• Walk-On
Actually, they primarily use the section one over from the student section toward center court.  They also use tickets donated in the lower bowl.  If you have some seats you are not using for one of the Buzz's Bunch games, please donate them.  It allows them to invite even more families.  It's a great experience for the kids. 

Here are a few shots from last year: http://www.flickr.com/photos/wgg/sets/72157625416121477/

W

ecompt

• All American
Re: [PaintTouches]Buzz Williams' quote about the importance of Buzz's Bunch
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2011, 07:25:04 PM »
Great article. Great quotes from Buzz. Thanks for sharing.

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2011, 08:54:52 AM »
favorite quote from Buzz:

‘Never been on a media guide cover, never been on a poster, never have done anything where I’m in the front, ever. The only thing that’s ever had my name on it, from the time I was hired 1,347 days later, is Buzz’s Bunch. That’s it. And as long as I’m here, for however long I’m here, it’ll be the same.’
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

MUmama

• Walk-On
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2011, 02:56:21 PM »
Actually, they primarily use the section one over from the student section toward center court.  They also use tickets donated in the lower bowl.  If you have some seats you are not using for one of the Buzz's Bunch games, please donate them.  It allows them to invite even more families.  It's a great experience for the kids. 

Here are a few shots from last year: http://www.flickr.com/photos/wgg/sets/72157625416121477/

W

Whichever section, it's harder to find people willing to give up seats for the headliner games! Agreed that unused tickets are a great donation, it's such a spectacular program for everyone involved!

feedback