'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Reggie Smith's UNLV Career Begins Monday  (Read 6515 times)

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: Reggie Smith's UNLV Career Begins Monday
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2011, 10:59:38 AM »
I don't think it's much of a stretch. They barely ever lose at home (9 games) and have a favorable road schedule, with 4 near-gimmes. That's 13 wins. Go 2-3 in the other 5 and they're probably a 2-3 seed.

I know, we beat them, the talent is down, but it's Bo-ball. He specializes in challenging for conference crowns with teams just like this.

UW was manhandled by MU in Madison. Their signature win is at home vs UNLV, a game they lose if Brust doesn't go ballistic (7-7) from 3. They barely beat UWM. If they're 15-3 (or even close to it) in conference this year it will mean the Big10 is nowhere near as good as advertised.

Canadian Dimes

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2011, 11:04:59 AM »
UW was manhandled by MU in Madison. Their signature win is at home vs UNLV, a game they lose if Brust doesn't go ballistic (7-7) from 3. They barely beat UWM. If they're 15-3 (or even close to it) in conference this year it will mean the Big10 is nowhere near as good as advertised.

What would be new about that?

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2011, 11:06:29 AM »
I don't think it's much of a stretch. They barely ever lose at home (9 games) and have a favorable road schedule, with 4 near-gimmes. That's 13 wins. Go 2-3 in the other 5 and they're probably a 2-3 seed.

I know, we beat them, the talent is down, but it's Bo-ball. He specializes in challenging for conference crowns with teams just like this.

I am not seeing it this year.  I know everyone thinks that Bo can put in pick-up players from the local "Y" and win but I don't think he has the talent this year.  The Big Ten is probably the best conference this year and UW is down a bit.  That is not a recipe for a fifteen win season.

They will definitely lose at least one more home game this year.  Maybe two.  I wil give them the benefit of the doubt and say they go 8-1 at home.  After that there are three near lock away games.  I would guess they go 2-4 in the other six games.

Badgers will prob go 13-5 this year.  Very solid record but I am not seeing a 15-3 Big Ten this year.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2011, 11:31:19 AM »
Yeah, I agree with Dano....in looking at their schedule, I see five losses at least.

Canadian Dimes

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2011, 11:38:31 AM »
pretty sad we have people reviewing and discussing Wiskys schedule.  I mean really?

anyone care to guess how many times i have ever looked at their schedule or even know when they play?

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2011, 01:13:49 PM »
And he even had the foresight to know the coach he transferred in to play for was going to leave before he even suited up and Rice was going to be hired!

+1
Lon Kruger recruited Reggie and most UNLV fans complained about his team's slow pace.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2011, 01:26:33 PM »
anyone care to guess how many times i have ever looked at their schedule or even know when they play?

Nope.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2011, 09:17:02 PM »

MU was beaten soundly last night by a team that lost to Coastal Carolina and South Alabama.  Weren't they also missing one of their top players lats night?  So to put it in your logic and terminology, the Big East is nowhere near as good as advertised based on MU's performance last night.   There appears to be a danger in equating an entire conference's performance based on one game or even a small sample of work by one team in which clearly you have not watched all of their games.
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2011, 09:35:30 PM »
MU was beaten soundly last night by a team that lost to Coastal Carolina and South Alabama.  Weren't they also missing one of their top players lats night?  So to put it in your logic and terminology, the Big East is nowhere near as good as advertised based on MU's performance last night.   There appears to be a danger in equating an entire conference's performance based on one game or even a small sample of work by one team in which clearly you have not watched all of their games.

So by your logic is it safe to assume UW is significantly worse than Coastal Carolina and South Alabama?  And if that is the case, is it safe to assume a Coastal Carolina and South Alabama would finish above UW in the Big 10?
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2011, 09:45:02 PM »
So by your logic is it safe to assume UW is significantly worse than Coastal Carolina and South Alabama?  And if that is the case, is it safe to assume a Coastal Carolina and South Alabama would finish above UW in the Big 10?

Not my logic.  My judgment of a conference is not based on the performance of one team, it is based on the performance of all teams.  The other contributor seems to believe the Big Ten's worth as a conference is tied to the quality of play of one team.  We disagree.
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2011, 09:49:05 PM »
Chicos use to annoy me (us) with his bashing of the decision to hire Buzz.  He questioned how long Buzz would last.

In my conversations with him he has been very complimentary of Buzz.  I have been looking for evidence of your claim about not lasting long both here and on Cracked Sidewalks.  Do not see any evidence at all that suggests he would not last long.  He did say Cottingham wouldn't last long and he was right.  Looks like he will be right on Crean and IU as well.

Imagine the heads that will explode next Monday when the polls come out and IU is ranked ahead of Marquette.  Some guys here will not know what to do.  Let's beat UWM on Thursday, a team we have never lost to and we don't need to start now.  Time to get focused.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2011, 10:23:16 PM »

Unless you watched the game,  you can not just look at who they got beat by, they play 3 freshman that very talented and have won there last 5 games.  It takes time for freshman
to get it.  They shot the ball horribly earlier in the year, were 7-11 from three land, playing at home.  MU beats that team in Milwaukee.  Give them credit.  There are upsets in college
ball all the time, how do you think the kids at Kansas are feeling losing to Davidson.  That is why the tournament in March is so great.  MU without Otule has no inside presence.  To bad he got
hurt.  To bad Dominic James got hurt, or Jerel McNeil, it happens.  Did the Pack lose to KC?

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2011, 08:22:38 AM »
Back to Reggie Smith since this is the Reggie Smith thread ....

He played Monday against Louisiana - Monroe.

UNLV won 81-63

Reggie logged 9 minutes.  3 points on 1 for 4 shooting (hit a trey), 2 fouls, 1 assist, 3 turnovers and 2 o-rebounds.  Lots of activity for just 9 minutes.

http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=313532439

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2011, 08:30:11 AM »
Reggie Smith will be fine, but he is just a complimentary type player.