[Today at 06:46:22 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Its DJOver
[Today at 02:41:31 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by MU82
[Today at 08:19:01 AM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by Hards Alumni
[Today at 06:23:42 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Crap...  (Read 5911 times)

NersEllenson

• All American
Re: Crap...
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2011, 09:45:45 PM »
It's called "frustration".  I'll take Mayo on the floor all night long.  He's one of the few who looks like he has all the confidence in the world.  But DAMN, it's frustrating!

No doubt it is frustrating watching us miss point blank shots..for sure.  After the punch in the mouth we took to start the game, all in all, pretty happy we are ahead at the half.  Between the Mayo missed dunk, and Vander's dumb foul at the end of the half which put UW on the line in bonus...those could be 2 huge plays in what appears to be a game destined to go down to the wire.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

JD

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2011, 09:48:29 PM »
Why does jc play?   ?-(

I think within this year Wilson will be a better pg
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

PVMagic

• Starter
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2011, 09:52:08 PM »
Why does jc play?   ?-(

I can think of two examples 1:30 in to this half...

JD

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2011, 10:15:05 PM »
Yeah his defense is outstanding as well right?
“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

AL

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2011, 10:20:40 PM »
JC is getting owned.  He looks slow.  Same problems on D as last year.  Guys out of position, slow to rotate and giving up the open 3.

Surprised how Jae is allowing UW big men to dominate the boards.

UW is sloppy and refs are allowing them to slap, climb over the back and get horrible charging calls.  MU looks like they think they're better than they are.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2011, 10:47:28 PM »
Why does jc play?   ?-(

Not a chance...do love the Mayo, Vander, DJO backcourt...

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2011, 10:55:15 PM »
Otule was on the bench and walking after the game with a limp but still walking so hopefully not a tear and just out for a few weeks.  We need the big fella.

JD

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2011, 10:57:37 PM »
Not a chance? Why not?

Wilson is light years ahead of jc in the defense department.  Throw in a few assist and he's right there by jc.  Let's not forget junior is averaging 7 points a game against (not that good of teams)

My thought anyway

AL

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2011, 10:59:27 PM »
Otule was on the bench and walking after the game with a limp but still walking so hopefully not a tear and just out for a few weeks.  We need the big fella.

Yeah, I don't think he would have been on the court, or even in the building, if the docs thought it was a tear.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

DCWarriors04

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2011, 11:00:02 PM »

just a sprained knee

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2011, 11:00:49 PM »
Not a chance? Why not?

Wilson is light years ahead of jc in the defense department.  Throw in a few assist and he's right there by jc.  Let's not forget junior is averaging 7 points a game against (not that good of teams)

My thought anyway
The offense runs far more smoothly with Jr. than with any of the other guards playing point.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2011, 11:03:30 PM »
Buzz will be on with Homer and Mac shortly.  Perhaps he will have better info.

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2011, 11:03:39 PM »
The offense runs far more smoothly with Jr. than with any of the other guards playing point.

I totally agree.  Junior is a field marshal out there.  He is great at setting the pace of the game to something we want to play.  He manages the game better than any other guard we have.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2011, 11:04:48 PM »
Buzz will be on with Homer and Mac shortly.  Perhaps he will have better info.

What Milwaukee station carries MU these days?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

ATLmarquettefan

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2011, 11:05:50 PM »
don't think junior played well tonight...but he is indeed this team's best pg options. creates a lot of chances for other guys, has gotten immensely better at getting into the paint and then dishing. his D may not be as good as wilson's or mayo's, but light years ahead of where he was last year.

JD

• All American
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2011, 11:06:07 PM »
Ok so the offense running more smoothly is understandable, however offense never has been a concern, so what about the defense liability?!

AL

turk17

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2011, 11:07:24 PM »
What Milwaukee station carries MU these days?

540 ESPN

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2011, 11:08:28 PM »
Thanks I've got Buzz on now.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2011, 11:08:54 PM »
Not a chance? Why not?

My thought anyway

because wilson is what he is...he can come in and bother the other team's point guard and not turn the ball over too often.  the offense can't run through him, he doesn't make decisions for the offense, he can't score, he doesn't create for others, he doesn't attack the rim, he doesn't hit the open shot, he hasn't proven he can make free throws, etc.  

if you're just looking for a player to play defense and not turn the ball over we have a number of guards that can do that, and also offer us a better offensive option.  i hope he can develop his offensive skills, but my thought on him all along is that he'll be a solid 4 year back-up.  

JD

• All American
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2011, 11:13:11 PM »
We agree to disagree then, 4 year backup? 

AL

RyanConroy

« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2011, 11:16:01 PM »
Based on Derrick Wilson interviews alone I think he'll have a great career here. He's very smart, and I think he'll make a great field general out there.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2011, 11:18:59 PM »
Based on Derrick Wilson interviews alone I think he'll have a great career here. He's very smart, and I think he'll make a great field general out there.
He's going to be a good player I think...not the full package as a freshman but not many are.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2011, 11:24:02 PM »
I can see Derrick challenging Junior for PT all season long.  There is hands down no question D Wilson is a much better defender.  Junior the better PG in transition, though I don't feel Junior is much better in the half court setting than is Derrick Wilson...
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2011, 11:25:57 PM »
Both Junior and Derrick offer some things the other does not.  A good compliment to each other.  In some games, I can see Wilson playing more.  In most, though, I suspect Cadougan will play more. 

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2011, 11:26:25 PM »
I can see Derrick challenging Junior for PT all season long.  There is hands down no question D Wilson is a much better defender.  Junior the better PG in transition, though I don't feel Junior is much better in the half court setting than is Derrick Wilson...
I think Junior is going to (maybe already has) lose minutes to Mayo.  That three guard line up of DJO, Blue and Mayo is pretty tough.