Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Enlund's Blog] Durley says Achilles is fine  (Read 1601 times)

TomEnlundSays

[Enlund's Blog] Durley says Achilles is fine
« on: October 27, 2011, 01:45:04 PM »
Durley says Achilles is fine

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/132719248.html

Slim

• All American
Re: [Enlund's Blog] Durley says Achilles is fine
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 01:47:42 PM »
Rosiak who?

Les Nessman

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 02:57:49 PM »
Rosiak who?

I agree. I'm impressed with Enlund so far. I think he's done a great job and has been right on top of the MU Bball news. Granted, the season hasn't yet begun, but I feel like he hasn't missed a beat since Rosiak's reassignment. Keep it up Tom.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 03:01:05 PM »
I was worried after his initial blog posts that outside of talking about the games we were going to get nothing but bare bones, one or two sentence blog entries. These two about Durley have been very good and have calmed my fears.

APieperFan3

• Team Captain
  • We Are Marquette
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 03:23:04 PM »
I agree. I'm impressed with Enlund so far. I think he's done a great job and has been right on top of the MU Bball news. Granted, the season hasn't yet begun, but I feel like he hasn't missed a beat since Rosiak's reassignment. Keep it up Tom.

That's b/c a lot of people on this board act/type/write like entitled morons. (We were spoiled with Rosiak...and have been spoiled with MU's success as of 2003)

When Enlund replaced Rosiak...it was like we got a new recruit....here's why.

*insert recruit* might be a little bit of a project = Enlund isn't on Twitter

*insert recruit* isn't going to be able to replace *insert current player* = Rosiak leaves and Enlund comes in and has a good "non conference" season (his first few blogs)

*insert recruit* doesnt have the body to be able to match up in the BE = ....to be determined...

Like clockwork I tell you!!
The "average fan" is an idiot.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 03:26:29 PM »
That's b/c a lot of people on this board act/type/write like entitled morons.

Well, that's a little harsher than I'd have put it, but...pretty much yeah.

And it's not just this board.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 03:56:58 PM »
That's b/c a lot of people on this board act/type/write like entitled morons. (We were spoiled with Rosiak...and have been spoiled with MU's success as of 2003)

When Enlund replaced Rosiak...it was like we got a new recruit....here's why.

*insert recruit* might be a little bit of a project = Enlund isn't on Twitter

*insert recruit* isn't going to be able to replace *insert current player* = Rosiak leaves and Enlund comes in and has a good "non conference" season (his first few blogs)

*insert recruit* doesnt have the body to be able to match up in the BE = ....to be determined...

Like clockwork I tell you!!

Hmm...does this analogy work?

• The Project bit: No, he's not on Twitter and not going there by all accounts. I hate to say it, but if you want to follow recruiting and the intricacies of major college athletics, you need to be on Twitter. Sure, you can play catch-up on ESPN, in the paper, or on message boards like this, but if you aren't on Twitter, you're behind the curve.
  • Good "non-conference" season: Uhh, really? You think Enlund's first few blogs were "good"? His first articles on the Marquette beat were void of anything. No new info, pretty much just repeating what someone else wrote on another site. No interviews, no investigation, just regurgitation. That's not the journalist version of a "good non-conference season".
  • Big East body: Yes, to be determined, and frankly, these past couple articles are an indication that he can match up. I've loved his stuff over the past 24 hours, but if you're going to continue the analogy, this is the equivalent of a freshman getting 3-10 non-productive minutes a game for the non-conference, then blowing up for 24 points and 8 boards in his first Big East game. It could mean he's finally hitting his stride, or it could be an outlier.
Listen, I hope that this kind of coverage is indicative of what we can expect from Enlund from here on out. I want a good reporter on the Marquette beat, and this is flat out good reporting. But to say that he's been good for the first few weeks tells me that you haven't been reading most of his stuff. I sincerely hope this is what we will continue to get. This is great stuff, and outside of being able to provide and find updates on Twitter (a definite must for a college sports beat writer) I'd be happy if this was what we got going forward. But I'm also not going to look at 2-3 articles and declare that everything is all better.

Then again, with our fanbase, I suppose there are just as many who look at one success and figure it's what we can expect for the rest of the season, aren't there?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

APieperFan3

• Team Captain
  • We Are Marquette
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 04:05:21 PM »

• The Project bit: No, he's not on Twitter and not going there by all accounts. I hate to say it, but if you want to follow recruiting and the intricacies of major college athletics, you need to be on Twitter. Sure, you can play catch-up on ESPN, in the paper, or on message boards like this, but if you aren't on Twitter, you're behind the curve.  Agreed, 100%. Theres no way he's not on Twitter at some point (soon)...or am I wrong?
  • Good "non-conference" season: Uhh, really? You think Enlund's first few blogs were "good"? His first articles on the Marquette beat were void of anything. No new info, pretty much just repeating what someone else wrote on another site. No interviews, no investigation, just regurgitation. That's not the journalist version of a "good non-conference season". Probably a stretch on my part...but IMO, he's not as bad as everyone was making it out to be when the news came out...That was the point I was trying to make.
  • Big East body: Yes, to be determined, and frankly, these past couple articles are an indication that he can match up. I've loved his stuff over the past 24 hours, but if you're going to continue the analogy, this is the equivalent of a freshman getting 3-10 non-productive minutes a game for the non-conference, then blowing up for 24 points and 8 boards in his first Big East game. It could mean he's finally hitting his stride, or it could be an outlier.
The "average fan" is an idiot.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 04:11:40 PM »
From what Rosiak was saying, we shouldn't expect him on Twitter any time soon, if ever.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 04:42:55 PM »
That extra 30 lbs and loss of timing may explain some of the less than stellar defensive footwork exhibited on a couple of those youtube videos.    Still a project, but mature and self aware and ready to work.  

Chronology:   All-state at a private school as a sophomore.   Transferred to a bigger high school.   Tore achilles somewhere in there.   Only played some JV ball as a junior, because of eligibility due to transfer as well as torn achilles.   Gained 30 lbs.   Played AAU ball last summer.    Projected as a 2 star.    May have trouble starting as a senior because of a higher profile teammate who is going to Texas. 
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 06:19:14 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

feedback