collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: BACK TO THE SUN BOWL, BUCKY!  (Read 2855 times)

ecompt

• All American
BACK TO THE SUN BOWL, BUCKY!
« on: October 22, 2011, 10:39:46 PM »
Wisconsin, despite having 46 players on its roster who have redshirted at one point in their college careers, loses to Michigan State on a Hail Mary. There is a God.

Blackhat

• All American
Re: BACK TO THE SUN BOWL, BUCKY!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 10:48:37 PM »
You're one cold dude.

this thread has my approval.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 10:53:18 PM »
This is such a stupid thread.  Everyone knows that the Big Ten doesn't have a tie in with the Sun Bowl anymore.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 11:03:08 PM »
I don't know if I remember being so excited at the end of a game that didn't involve my favorite team.  Unreal last play.

Warrior1

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 11:12:13 PM »
Unreal. Gotta give it up though, I went on the Scout Wisconsin board to see what was being said. Most recognized the fact that it was a TD and the refs called it correctly, said they wished it wasn't, but it just was. Really impressed with that...

karavotsos

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 11:21:32 PM »
I'm impressed by the number of misdirection, roll-out, across-your-body throw plays Bielema called.  Granted I did not go to a football school, but me, personally, I would not have thought to call one of those. 

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2011, 06:14:57 AM »
Unreal. Gotta give it up though, I went on the Scout Wisconsin board to see what was being said. Most recognized the fact that it was a TD and the refs called it correctly, said they wished it wasn't, but it just was. Really impressed with that...

When I was watching, my first thought was "no way that gets overturned". I thought it was a touchdown, figured the ref would also think it was a touchdown, but it just didn't seem like there was conclusive evidence. None of the angles they showed actually showed where the ball was in relation to the goal-line. The indisputable proof wasn't there. Of course, it seemed evident he got across, and I guess that's what the ref went with, but I thought it was headed to OT.

Oh well...I'm just glad Bucky lost.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2011, 06:42:21 AM »
I'm impressed by the number of misdirection, roll-out, across-your-body throw plays Bielema called.  Granted I did not go to a football school, but me, personally, I would not have thought to call one of those. 

MSU is an aggressive defense.  That's how you exploit it.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2011, 08:27:17 AM »
OU lost.  Either Bama or LSU will lose when they play.  I think OU plays OKST yet this year.  Table was set set for Becky.  That's a shame.  Eat Sh%#t FU.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2011, 08:30:43 AM »
It would have been a good night to give up my boycott of college football.   Saw the highlights on sportscenter.   Lot of balls by the official to overturn and make the right call.   SPARTANS!!!!   
           The Rangers could have used a little instant replay against the Cardinals.....until King Albert blew up.   Blown call led to a big inning early.   Pujols made it moot late.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2011, 08:31:19 AM »
Wisconsin, despite having 46 players on its roster who have redshirted at one point in their college careers, loses to Michigan State on a Hail Mary. There is a God.
 MSU doesn't have a ton of redshirted players?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2011, 09:52:24 AM »
Redshirting is routine in college football.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2011, 10:49:38 AM »
I think my favorite coach moment of the night last night is when UW was calling timeouts after they sacked Cousins with less than a minute to go around the MSU 30. Bielema's fantastic explanation?

"If we get the ball back with less than 30 seconds we were going to go for a block," Wisconsin coach Bret Bielema said. "We were going for the win."

Wait a minute. So you're saying that with MSU having two plays to get 20 yards, then 30 seconds to get another 20 yards and win (they only needed a field goal) you were giving them timeouts on the off chance that you would block a punt?  Really? Its not like MSU needed a miracle at that point. It was second and 20, but they only needed about 40 yards in just under a minute to beat you. They had two plays before the aforementioned punt. After those 2 plays and the punt UW would have ha a maximum of about 15 seconds to go presumably about 25 yards and kick a FG (thats IF MSU gains 0 yards in those two plays). So really the only good thing that could have happened to UW with that strategy is they actually block the punt. This, after you were gashing them all quarter and clearly had the upper hand going into OT. Genius.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2011, 01:54:10 PM »
I think my favorite coach moment of the night last night is when UW was calling timeouts after they sacked Cousins with less than a minute to go around the MSU 30. Bielema's fantastic explanation?

Wait a minute. So you're saying that with MSU having two plays to get 20 yards, then 30 seconds to get another 20 yards and win (they only needed a field goal) you were giving them timeouts on the off chance that you would block a punt?  Really? Its not like MSU needed a miracle at that point. It was second and 20, but they only needed about 40 yards in just under a minute to beat you. They had two plays before the aforementioned punt. After those 2 plays and the punt UW would have ha a maximum of about 15 seconds to go presumably about 25 yards and kick a FG (thats IF MSU gains 0 yards in those two plays). So really the only good thing that could have happened to UW with that strategy is they actually block the punt. This, after you were gashing them all quarter and clearly had the upper hand going into OT. Genius.

I thought the first TO made sense.  2nd and 21, right time to call it.  The 2nd, though, after they just gained 13, was really stupid coaching.  Play for the tie there.

I was also surprised the replay overturned the call.  I thought they needed indisputable evidence.  I did not see a picture that gave that.  I did, though, think it was a TD.  Really wonder what those defenders were doing behind the receiver.  Get in front of him for the ricochet. 

Russel Wilson looked pedestrian yesterday.  Missed a few wide open targets for TD's.  There go his Heisman chances.

butchbadger

• Starter
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2011, 11:39:35 PM »
Bump.  ROSE BOWL!!

Nice game today.  The better team won clearly.  You have  a really nice, DEEP team this year.   And the BE is weak. GO for it. DJO  is a great player.

I am ok  with the split today :) :) :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D :D

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2011, 10:52:12 AM »
Congrats on the win. Nice for UW fb fans to be able to see their team in the granddaddy of all exhibition games. Until cfb gets a decent playoff system, it sucks that's what all bowl games with the exception of 1 basically are.

Thanks for the congrats on the win. The Big East is down a bit this year, might only end up 1 or 2 spots above the Big Ten!!!