Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: More Pitino Uncensored  (Read 1350 times)

robmufan

• All American
More Pitino Uncensored
« on: October 19, 2011, 02:25:46 PM »
Looks like Rick didn't hold back again when asked about Pitt and Syracuse (more angry bout 'Cuse than Pitt)

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2011/10/louisville-coach-rick-pitino-syracuse-pitt-acc/1

The funny quote has to be this:

"My problem is not them leaving," he said. "My problem is you did it in 48 hours. Don't run away with a girl after one date when you've been dating someone else for three or four years. You've been dating this woman for 30 years, show a little respect."

Has Rick been married over 30 years when he ran off and had a fling with someone?

LON

• All American
Re: More Pitino Uncensored
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 02:31:53 PM »
Looks like Rick didn't hold back again when asked about Pitt and Syracuse (more angry bout 'Cuse than Pitt)

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2011/10/louisville-coach-rick-pitino-syracuse-pitt-acc/1

The funny quote has to be this:

"My problem is not them leaving," he said. "My problem is you did it in 48 hours. Don't run away with a girl after one date when you've been dating someone else for three or four years. You've been dating this woman for 30 years, show a little respect."

Has Rick been married over 30 years when he ran off and had a fling with someone?

In Rick's defense, it wasn't 48 hours, just about 15 seconds.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 02:33:39 PM »
At a fine Italian establishment nonetheless...which probably resembles a glass house.
SS Marquette

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 03:18:00 PM »
I'm pissed about Pitino's comments over the last month or so.  I find myself liking someone that had been one of my most hated coaches. 

I like that he's being the mouth for Big East basketball.  I don't think anyone else has the balls to pull this sort of thing off other than him. 
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

IrwinFletcher

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 03:27:14 PM »
I think the irony of Pitino's quote was lost on most people in the media as so eloquently stated above.  This guy knows nothing about loyalty.

The only reason Pitino is so outspoken is because he is being left behind and his program is in a state of flux because of the remnants of the Big East.  If Louisville was asked to leave and they did, he would simplay state they had to do what was best for all of their athletic programs.

muhs03

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 03:31:18 PM »
I think the irony of Pitino's quote was lost on most people in the media as so eloquently stated above.  This guy knows nothing about loyalty.

The only reason Pitino is so outspoken is because he is being left behind and his program is in a state of flux because of the remnants of the Big East.  If Louisville was asked to leave and they did, he would simplay state they had to do what was best for all of their athletic programs.

He's outspoken because he wants to be viewed as a pillar of BE basketball (assistant at Syracuse and HC at Providence and now UL). He's an East Coast guy that might have to move to the B12. Im sure he hates the thought of that. I wouldnt be surprised if he left as soon as he felt he didnt have a NC-caliber team. He'll end up back on the east coast, either in the ACC or BE should UL move to the B12.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 04:20:58 PM »
This one was good too:

"Syracuse is playing Clemson tonight on TV!" he said in mock excitement. "It's not Syracuse-Georgetown. Syracuse will play Florida State tonight! N.C. State! Wake Forest!"

Rips BC too.

downtown85

• All American
  • Ad majoram Dei gloriam.

feedback