Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Koenig to Wisconsin  (Read 7577 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Koenig to Wisconsin
« on: September 24, 2011, 03:56:35 PM »
No surprise here, this has been hinted at for weeks.

Quote from: Mark Miller
Aquinas junior Bronson Koenig on why he turned down Duke, Kansas and North Carolina in order to attend Wisconsin ...

Along with Dekker, gives Ryan a good foundation for the next few years. As much as I hate the vampire and Bucky, his recruiting has improved (finally) over the past couple years.

http://www.wissports.net/article.asp?pageID=1&newsID=22142&sportID=1
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

tower912

• All American
Re: Koenig to Wisconsin
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 04:07:39 PM »
Surprising no one.   Probably worried about the instability of the ACC.     Congrats to Bucky.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 04:27:36 PM »
Now that Pitt and Cuse have spurned us, and keeping in mind many of us don't care who gets more face-time on Today's TMJ4, can't we all agree that Madison has dropped a bit on our hatred meter?

Tulsa Warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 04:29:24 PM »
The state will have some high level D1 high school talent for the next three to four yrears and that should be good news for all the state division one schools.

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 05:02:21 PM »
Calling a transfer after his freshman year. Seems like the kid really wants steam that gets up and down, yet somehow bought Bo's pitch that he would change his ways. He'll get to UW struggle a bit, get tired of the swing, then end up somewhere like Bradley. Just my gaze into the crystal ball.
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 05:04:35 PM »
I seriously, seriously doubt that.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2011, 05:08:32 PM »
Calling a transfer after his freshman year. Seems like the kid really wants steam that gets up and down, yet somehow bought Bo's pitch that he would change his ways. He'll get to UW struggle a bit, get tired of the swing, then end up somewhere like Bradley. Just my gaze into the crystal ball.

Seems like every kid that chooses someone other than Marquette after showing interest in Marquette at any point is predicted to transfer after his freshman year.  Just because Jamil Wilson did it doesn't mean every kid is going to do it.  Devin Harris didn't have too difficult of a time finding success in the swing as a point guard.  Neither is Jordan Taylor.  But if that's what you think, more power to you I suppose.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011, 05:08:38 PM »
I seriously, seriously doubt that.

Fair enough...

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2011, 05:13:03 PM »
Really it's not about him picking UW over MU BC I never really thought we were in the running. But in that article he mentions running and up-tempo pace at least four times. If that's your chief concern, why go to UW (arguably the slowest successful team in the country) over a place like UNC. Just doesn't seem like a fit to me, but maybe his family influenced him. I really have no inside info but the decision seems odd to me.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2011, 05:45:16 PM »
Why? The dude is a very, very good traditional player who probably grew up having crimson and white wet dreams. I wish we could steal one from Roy.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Warhawk Warrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2011, 05:53:16 PM »
Yes, keep him in State.  Screw the ACC.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2011, 08:06:07 PM »
No surprise here, this has been hinted at for weeks.

Along with Dekker, gives Ryan a good foundation for the next few years. As much as I hate the vampire and Bucky, his recruiting has improved (finally) over the past couple years.

http://www.wissports.net/article.asp?pageID=1&newsID=22142&sportID=1

Not sure I would agree with this.  He picked up two in-state recruits.  Yes, good recruits, but still ...

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2011, 12:32:21 PM »
Koenigs's style definitely fits better with UNC and Duke.  Guess he wants to be with friends and stay home.  Good get for Bucky, but he will have to adjust to WI's system as I doubt that Bo will be running and gunning as he himself says he prefers. 

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2011, 01:29:47 PM »
Espn says now the badgers have established in state dominance,closed the borders and have the point guard of the future in koenig. The reason he shut the door on unc is he knows they
will recruit over him if he can't be great.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2011, 02:03:03 PM »
Espn says now the badgers have established in state dominance,closed the borders and have the point guard of the future in koenig. The reason he shut the door on unc is he knows they
will recruit over him if he can't be great.

Yeah...and that's crap.

The #1 player in 2009 is playing for Marquette. The #1 player in 2010 is playing for Marquette. And the true #1 player for 2013 is Deonte Burton (committed to Marquette), not Bronson Koenig.

Even after adding Koenig, Wisconsin only landed the top player once from 2009-2013. MU got three, and one went out of state (Jesperson in 2011). ESPN doesn't know what they are talking about.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2011, 03:34:27 PM »
UW could get the top guy once every 5 years and the narrative would still be that "Wisconsin has built a fence around the state" etc.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2011, 04:30:08 PM »
Yeah...and that's crap.

The #1 player in 2009 is playing for Marquette. The #1 player in 2010 is playing for Marquette. And the true #1 player for 2013 is Deonte Burton (committed to Marquette), not Bronson Koenig.

Even after adding Koenig, Wisconsin only landed the top player once from 2009-2013. MU got three, and one went out of state (Jesperson in 2011). ESPN doesn't know what they are talking about.

AMEN.

Koenig fits their system and it's a good fit.
If he left for UNC, he'd get recruited over time and time again.

He's going to shine for Bucky and it's going to be that much more sweeter to beat them with Bronson wearing red. :)

Go Warriors!
SS Marquette

muball

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2011, 05:07:33 PM »
Point is UW under Bo has a dominance of state kids who are not from Milw or SE wisc.  The only time MU has been successful in getting kids from the North or West is when UW stunk or they were not caucasion.  Look at the results. Given this MU will do well with Buzz and instate recruiting.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2011, 05:39:40 PM »
Point is UW under Bo has a dominance of state kids who are not from Milw or SE wisc.  The only time MU has been successful in getting kids from the North or West is when UW stunk or they were not caucasion.  Look at the results. Given this MU will do well with Buzz and instate recruiting.

Didn't know that Fond du  Lac and La Crosse were considered Milwaukee or SE Wisc.  Like how you narrowed the argument in the hopes it met your agenda.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2011, 06:31:27 PM »
I don't care where our recruits come from.  As long as they are good players and people.

mikem91288

• Team Captain
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2011, 07:21:14 PM »
who the f*ck cares
Warrior in the class of 2011.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2011, 08:15:44 PM »
I don't care where our recruits come from.  As long as they are good players and people.

+1  Well stated.

texaswarrior74

• All American
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2011, 09:50:55 PM »
Love how people call it over recruiting....with their tempo, UNC needs plenty of quality depth that gets lots of minutes. Roy often runs a two point guard rotation which would have given him a lot of additioanl opportunities. BK was worried about playing time at point guard....didn't want to be a combo guard. He could have easily seen 20-25 mins a game that way at UNC but with Bo he will be the feature.

Now he gets to play on that snoozerama offense of Bo....hope the kid is happy playing in Big 10 low scoring games.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 11:33:39 PM by texaswarrior74 »

muhs03

• Starter
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2011, 10:01:35 PM »
The whole recruiting thing simply brings out the worst in fans. You have middle-aged people (like Ners) questioning the decision of a 16  year old. Step back from that. Really? I mean....really? Relax. Jeez.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2011, 06:08:29 AM »

Seems like we got three guys out of Madison since Bo took over.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

feedback