[Today at 02:22:57 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[Today at 02:09:27 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by barfolomew
[Today at 02:08:20 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 01:48:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MU Business National Ranking  (Read 2278 times)

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
MU Business National Ranking
« on: September 22, 2011, 05:25:59 PM »
Nice.

http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/news/2011/09/22/marquette-business-programs-ranked.html?ed=2011-09-22&s=article_du&ana=e_du_pub

Three Marquette University College of Business Administration undergraduate programs have been ranked in the top 20 nationally by U.S. News & World Report.

Only about 20 programs are ranked in each specialty category annually. This year U.S. News recognized Marquette’s programs in entrepreneurship ranked 16th; finance 18th; and supply chain management 16th among the nation’s top business specialty programs.

JimmyB!

• Walk-On
Re: MU Business National Ranking
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 07:04:45 PM »
No idea how this happened. I can tell you first hand the entrepreneurship program is an absolute joke.

The finance is excellent however (especially AIM), and I'd guess the supply chain is pretty good from friends who took it.

marqfan22

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 10:13:17 PM »
wasn't undergrad biz school top 50 a few years ago? #81 seems low.

Lacrosse218

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 10:59:00 PM »
I think that is a typo and the #81 ranking is actually the US News and World Report full university ranking, not the business school.

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 10:43:48 AM »
No idea how this happened. I can tell you first hand the entrepreneurship program is an absolute joke.

The finance is excellent however (especially AIM), and I'd guess the supply chain is pretty good from friends who took it.
Consider that there was no such thing as entrepreneurship before Dave Shrock, that's pretty good.  Why do you say it is a joke?

MUjak

• Walk-On
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 12:22:19 PM »
I think that is a typo and the #81 ranking is actually the US News and World Report full university ranking, not the business school.

Could also be because sometimes places change the way they do rankings and what criteria they give weight to. That has caused position drops in the past, too.
"A team should be an extension of their coach's personality... My teams were always arrogant and obnoxious." -Al

"They are under-manned and under-sized, but every time Marquette takes the floor, they are ready to play. And that's a credit to the coaching staff and these players." -ESPN, 2010

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 03:28:55 PM »
Consider that there was no such thing as entrepreneurship before Dave Shrock, that's pretty good.  Why do you say it is a joke?

Perhaps an entrepreneurship major who isn't doing much entrepreneuring lately?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

JimmyB!

• Walk-On
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2011, 07:04:06 AM »
Perhaps an entrepreneurship major who isn't doing much entrepreneuring lately?

Nah, wasn't an entrepreneurship major. Thought about double majoring in it for a while, but decided to go a different route. There was just a huge lack of interest in the program. They cancelled multiple classes because enough students simply had not signed up for them, causing some entrepreneurship majors to have a very hard time completing the required amount of credits (international entrepreneurship was one, can't remember the other). For an entrepreneurship major, there seemed to be a surprising lack of out-of-classroom experience building. I'm pretty sure I did more actual hands on in my DECA class in high school than my two entrepreneurship classes combined at Marquette. I will say I applaud them for trying to start up an entrepreneurship program, but it needs a lot of work before it can be considered a top 20 program.

feedback