Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Update on Phillip Nolan  (Read 10166 times)

TedBaxter

• All American
Re: Update on Phillip Nolan
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2011, 09:39:25 PM »
I don't know how Phillip Nolan is academically, but just getting transcripts from his 4 high schools (Vincent, prep school in West Virginia, St. Benedict's (NJ) and now Riverside) makes it a little tougher to gauge where he stands. 

I hope for his sake that someone really analyzed correctly what he needs core course wise before he enrolled for classes at Riverside this fall.
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

Marqus Howard

• Team Captain
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2011, 08:12:03 PM »
Mark Miller just tweeted that Nolan is down to Oregon and Clemson.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2011, 08:41:13 PM »
Well...who knows how much Buzz really was on to him.  I am beginning to think that we might hold this last scholie until spring.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2011, 08:46:43 PM »
And Auguste didn't have ND in his final 4.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2011, 09:15:36 PM »

Yeah, I hear that.  It's kind of like dinner last weekend that ZFB was telling me about.  You told him that you were dating Bill and Troy, but then you show up with Steven as your dinner date.  Just never know.

As usual when it comes to fine dining, ZFB brought Raul because he always picks up the bill. 

Maybe Marquette will be Nolan's Steven.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2011, 10:46:39 PM »

“The next day coach (Anthony) Solomon  Buzz called me,” Auguste Nolan said, “and he was like ‘Zach Phillip, listen, I’m can’t let you drop Notre Dame Marquette. We need you, we want you and this is the place you’ve gotta be.’ He said, ‘I’m gonna prove it to you.’ I was like, ‘OK, coach.’ At first I was shocked. I was like, ‘OK, a school I told no to is still coming at me.’ It just meant a lot.”

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2011, 08:41:25 AM »
Can't say this surprises me. Unless he goes prep school, I don't see us getting back in on Nolan. I just don't think he developed as well as many may have hoped. Seems like ever since he first cracked the top-100 and we were the first school to offer him, his game hasn't really improved. He's a good athlete, and I really think could develop into a good college player, but I think that Nolan will really start to show up as a junior and senior, and I believe Buzz wants someone who can make an impact sooner than that.

Best of luck to him. My money's on Clemson.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2011, 09:38:51 AM »
Can't say this surprises me. Unless he goes prep school, I don't see us getting back in on Nolan. I just don't think he developed as well as many may have hoped. Seems like ever since he first cracked the top-100 and we were the first school to offer him, his game hasn't really improved. He's a good athlete, and I really think could develop into a good college player, but I think that Nolan will really start to show up as a junior and senior, and I believe Buzz wants someone who can make an impact sooner than that.

Best of luck to him. My money's on Clemson.

My guess is if he called Buzz this second and said he wanted to commit, Buzz would be extremely happy to accept him.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2011, 09:48:09 AM »
Again who knows?  But the fact that he's a local guy and no visits have occurred seems to suggest a lack of interest on MUs part. He hasn't been linked with us for awhile outside of talk from the nolan camp.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2011, 12:38:58 PM »
With all of his school jumping, really have to wonder if he'll have enough qualifying course credits to enter a school as a 2012 frosh.  May well need a 5th year prep school year to attain those credits?  Otherwise he seems to definitely be a  long, talented (though slight at this time ) athlete.  Odd that MU not more in on things especially as he has come back to Milwaukee. 

MuMark

• All American

Bieberhole69

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2011, 04:57:56 PM »
I'm glad to see we're still interested. At this point I think he'd be a pretty solid signing, Taylor and Nolan would be nice additions down low.

Marqus Howard

• Team Captain
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2011, 10:07:06 PM »
I thought Buzz was at Whitefish Bay to see Diamond Stone and Duane Wilson?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2011, 11:56:40 PM »
The schools are exactly 4.3 miles apart.  I think he might be able to handle both.

BobWildLoyalist

• Team Captain
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2011, 09:26:42 AM »
I'm glad to see we're still interested. At this point I think he'd be a pretty solid signing, Taylor and Nolan would be nice additions down low.
+1.