[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 19, 2024, 08:17:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 19, 2024, 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[April 19, 2024, 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2011-12 NFC North Division  (Read 68736 times)

JWags85

• All American
Re: 2011-12 NFC North Division
« Reply #600 on: January 06, 2012, 03:22:38 PM »
Wasn't the Bear offense operating pretty good before you lost Forte and Cutler?

Martz has a better history than Tice.

It was operating cause Cutler was doing a lot of stuff on the fly and making plays, not because Martz was doing anything different or better.

This is a meh hire for me, but again, like people have said, there weren't people knocking down the door for the job.  This is just a rough situation for Bears fans to deal with.  A cleaning of house would have excited people and given hope after this mess to end the year, but its clear the Lovie is running the show, and thats not very excited.

Ted Phillips and the McCaskeys are lame to put it nicely and synonyms for cats if you want my unfiltered opinion.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #601 on: January 06, 2012, 03:38:59 PM »
Wasn't the Bear offense operating pretty good before you lost Forte and Cutler?

Martz has a better history than Tice.
I always thought Tice was a good Offensive Coach.  Horrible Head Coach.  I did not care anything for Martz.  I suspect the players felt the same.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #602 on: January 06, 2012, 03:46:56 PM »
I always thought Tice was a good Offensive Coach.  Horrible Head Coach.  I did not care anything for Martz.  I suspect the players felt the same.

This is Tice's first coordinator job....although he was an asst. head coach in Jax but not the OC.  Tight ends coach, O line coach and head coach.  He did do a good job this year with a rotating O line though.  He could do the same as Marinelli....coordinator and line coach.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #603 on: January 06, 2012, 03:58:11 PM »
This is Tice's first coordinator job....although he was an asst. head coach in Jax but not the OC.  Tight ends coach, O line coach and head coach.  He did do a good job this year with a rotating O line though.  He could do the same as Marinelli....coordinator and line coach.
I never said he was an Offensive Coordinator. 

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #604 on: January 06, 2012, 04:02:08 PM »
I never said he was an Offensive Coordinator. 

I know that and I was agreeing with you...I was just saying that he has never been an OC.  He did call plays for the Vikings and he is a former college QB so he has a lot of background with offense.  It will be intersting to see his play calling philosophy as a full time OC.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #605 on: January 06, 2012, 04:03:58 PM »
I know that and I was agreeing with you...I was just saying that he has never been an OC.  He did call plays for the Vikings and he is a former college QB so he has a lot of background with offense.  It will be intersting to see his play calling philosophy as a full time OC.

Sorry, misinterpretted. 

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #606 on: January 07, 2012, 12:48:28 AM »

just pissing into the wind here, but i dont see him being particularly creative/wide open. I would think that he'd let his big uglies open up holes and that the bears will be heavily dependent on the run and likely move into incorporating play action. not to say this generic description isnt most NFL offenses as i read it back, i just think that the offense will be much more traditional than what martz was looking to run/what the pack/pats, etc use. There will likely need to be a little turnover from martz system guys to do that - but then again maybe not since it never seemed like martz had the right guys for what he was trying to do anyway.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #607 on: January 07, 2012, 07:04:55 AM »
just pissing into the wind here, but i dont see him being particularly creative/wide open. I would think that he'd let his big uglies open up holes and that the bears will be heavily dependent on the run and likely move into incorporating play action. not to say this generic description isnt most NFL offenses as i read it back, i just think that the offense will be much more traditional than what martz was looking to run/what the pack/pats, etc use. There will likely need to be a little turnover from martz system guys to do that - but then again maybe not since it never seemed like martz had the right guys for what he was trying to do anyway.

I agree.....fits with their current personnel and I have a feeling after the Martz tenure Lovie is going to want to be more traditional also.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #608 on: January 07, 2012, 11:39:38 AM »
So.......who should Packer fans root for this weekend?  Lions/Saints:  My brain says Lions, my heart says Saints.  Giants/Falcons:  NY the only true cold weather team left, and they seem to have the mojo right now.  
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 11:41:17 AM by Sir Lawrence »
Ludum habemus.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #609 on: January 07, 2012, 11:49:00 AM »
 Squeezing hard for the Lions this weekend. 

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #610 on: January 07, 2012, 12:09:34 PM »
I agree.....fits with their current personnel and I have a feeling after the Martz tenure Lovie is going to want to be more traditional also.

Unfortunately, "traditional" isn't what equates to a high level of success in today's NFL.  Martz's offense was closer to that than Tice/Lovie will be.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #611 on: January 07, 2012, 12:12:48 PM »
Unfortunately, "traditional" isn't what equates to a high level of success in today's NFL.  Martz's offense was closer to that than Tice/Lovie will be.

Which is why they both may be gone next year.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #612 on: January 07, 2012, 12:29:17 PM »
Which is why they both may be gone next year.

Virginia loves Lovie like a son, will be a rough separation.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #613 on: January 22, 2012, 11:07:47 AM »
Warning: Those of you who feel Ted Thompson stands above reproach may not want to read today's article by the best in the biz, Bob McGinn.   

A scathing piece describing how Thompson totally screwed the pooch this off season destroying any chance for a dynasty in cooperation with our record setting offense.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/plenty-share-blame-for-packers-titlekilling-defense-7l3sfap-137833503.html

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #614 on: January 22, 2012, 01:10:41 PM »
Warning: Those of you who feel Ted Thompson stands above reproach may not want to read today's article by the best in the biz, Bob McGinn.    

A scathing piece describing how Thompson totally screwed the pooch this off season destroying any chance for a dynasty in cooperation with our record setting offense.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/plenty-share-blame-for-packers-titlekilling-defense-7l3sfap-137833503.html

Hahaha, the highlighted part tells me all I need to know about your football acumen. McGinn puts a ton of hatchetjobs out there and will change his "convictions" as much as the wind blows. Rodgers will never be Brett Favre after the Arizona game (even though he had a phenomenal game) but then he's one of the greatest quarterbacks ever when he's the run-away MVP this year? Ted Thompson is the GM presiding over a possible dynasty a year ago but now he's ended any chance for a dynasty with a couple offseason moves or lack of moves on the defensive side? This article is another emotionial hatchetjob, filled with a lot of opions, supportted by very little factual evidence.

So, TT caused the total demise of this defense by
-not resigning an aging inside linebacker who had season-ending injuries 2 of the previous 3 years and was not part of the Super Bowl stretch run last year, but instead gave AJ Hawk $8 million in guaranteed money
-letting the oft-injured Jenkins go in free agency so he could sign other young guys

Not resigning Jenkins definitely hurt the defense, especially at that money, but the rest of the defense's downfall was a combination of injuries, bad coaching, and bad performance--3 things TT has very little control over in-season.

feedback