collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: See, Figured This Would Happen  (Read 4426 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
See, Figured This Would Happen
« on: July 20, 2011, 09:35:22 PM »
There has been exactly 2 posts on this board over the past 4 hours. Never would have had this kinda inactivity with Chicos around. If nothin' else, he woulda gotten under someone's skin by now or started a major pissin' match.

Free Chicos 2011
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

augoman

• All American
Re: See, Figured This Would Happen
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 09:44:33 PM »
you know, Forever, I kinda agree with you..., although I believe you are speaking 'tongue in cheek'. 
Aren't the 'ignore' buttons to free us from those that irritate rather than illuminate?
Aren't off topic posts relegated to the superbar?
Isn't part of summer nobball boredome the ability to argue inanely about whatever?
Is it possible that the mods are reaching too far in trying to create a purely unobjectionable board?
I don't know, and maybe those are mostly rhetorical q's, but there are a few posters gone that I occaisionally enjoyed.  Some by choice, some not.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 09:52:13 PM »
I object. I would rather have an off night than wade through pages of bickering.

Todd Mayo cleared; anyone find anything disturbing with that?

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 09:58:13 PM »
 noballs boredome is what the ladies call 4never when he's getting hammered at trinity pub.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 10:44:19 PM »

Warriors10

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 11:05:34 PM »
Its the middle of July; not exactly the active season anyways.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 12:13:36 AM »
you know, Forever, I kinda agree with you..., although I believe you are speaking 'tongue in cheek'. 
Aren't the 'ignore' buttons to free us from those that irritate rather than illuminate?
Isn't part of summer nobball boredome the ability to argue inanely about whatever?
Is it possible that the mods are reaching too far in trying to create a purely unobjectionable board?
I don't know, and maybe those are mostly rhetorical q's, but there are a few posters gone that I occaisionally enjoyed.  Some by choice, some not.

+1

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 07:23:34 AM »

You and some others seem to be misunderstanding the reason why Chicos was banned.  He wasn't banned because he argued with other posters on the board.  The banning was due to his relationship with the mods.  He constantly ignored rules, was given many chances to change his way, and was given temporary bans in the past.  That said, he chose to keep on pushing the mods... essentially begging them to ban him.  Chicos got what he asked for, ultimately.

And as a side note, this isn't the first forum that CBB has been banned from... but this is the one he has probably lasted the longest at.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 08:43:41 AM »
There has been exactly 2 posts on this board over the past 4 hours. Never would have had this kinda inactivity with Chicos around. If nothin' else, he woulda gotten under someone's skin by now or started a major pissin' match.

Free Chicos 2011
Ban 4Ever.......nm.......I'll  just ignore him.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 08:54:32 AM »
You and some others seem to be misunderstanding the reason why Chicos was banned.  He wasn't banned because he argued with other posters on the board.  The banning was due to his relationship with the mods.  He constantly ignored rules, was given many chances to change his way, and was given temporary bans in the past.  That said, he chose to keep on pushing the mods... essentially begging them to ban him.  Chicos got what he asked for, ultimately.

And as a side note, this isn't the first forum that CBB has been banned from... but this is the one he has probably lasted the longest at.

Has he resurrected on Peegs' board?

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2011, 09:46:27 AM »
11,839 Chicos Posts

The next closest poster is the Sultan of South Wayne at 5,145 who has been active for around 2.5 years.  If he keeps producing at this pace, we should have a new record come the end of 2014.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2011, 10:02:14 AM »

He wasn't banned "due to his relationship with the mods" .. it was all the other stuff you mentioned.  

Biting the hand that feeds you never helps, though.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2011, 10:04:27 AM »
He wasn't banned "due to his relationship with the mods" .. it was all the other stuff you mentioned.  

Biting the hand that feeds you never helps, though.

Perhaps I shouldn't have used the word, relationship.  How about, "forum related disagreements".

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2011, 10:22:27 AM »
Chicos alienated readers too.  Half of his posts reiterated points he had made ad nauseum.  He beat the dead horse until it decomposed.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • āœ… Verified Member
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2011, 12:55:28 PM »
The mods are just power hungry.  They banned Chicos so that they could climb in the post-count ranks without any additional work.  I think that we should have a mutiny!

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2011, 01:18:37 PM »
So instead of Chicos causing controversy, he is the controversy? It's like he's directing the board from the Internet version of the great beyond.

Everything will be fine, especially once we add a recruit or get closer to the season. Besides, we still have M84 and hoopaloop to fan the flames of disaster. No poster is bigger than the message board they post on. Scout exists without Chicos, Scoop will too.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2011, 01:22:38 PM »
So instead of Chicos causing controversy, he is the controversy? It's like he's directing the board from the Internet version of the great beyond.

Everything will be fine, especially once we add a recruit or get closer to the season. Besides, we still have M84 and hoopaloop to fan the flames of disaster. No poster is bigger than the message board they post on. Scout exists without Chicos, Scoop will too.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2011, 01:27:15 PM »

+1 - Might want to add in Golden Avalanche too....also, was Willie Warrior banned?  He was usually good for some controversy.  As much as I battled with Chicos - he did have some redeeming qualities - and can say I'll miss the guy a little.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2011, 02:09:28 PM »
+1 - Might want to add in Golden Avalanche too....also, was Willie Warrior banned?  He was usually good for some controversy.  As much as I battled with Chicos - he did have some redeeming qualities - and can say I'll miss the guy a little.

Willie only seems to show up after games to gripe about how all our players suck. Except Davante, who probably would have at least been a second team All-American if our idiot coach had given him the 30 mpg he clearly deserved. The saving grace is that he didn't declare early, and with his refined physique should be ready to take over the point from that useless Buycks next year.

I'm sure Willie will be back come November to remind us that DG is the only player worth a damn, Crowder and Otule are overrated, and Buzz needs to be fired.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2011, 03:14:16 PM »
Willie only seems to show up after games to gripe about how all our players suck. Except Davante, who probably would have at least been a second team All-American if our idiot coach had given him the 30 mpg he clearly deserved. The saving grace is that he didn't declare early, and with his refined physique should be ready to take over the point from that useless Buycks next year.

I'm sure Willie will be back come November to remind us that DG is the only player worth a damn, Crowder and Otule are overrated, and Buzz needs to be fired.
I am really looking forward to this

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2011, 04:02:54 PM »
Stockholm syndrome is real.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2011, 05:04:01 PM »
Tipping and pouring my water bottle for Chico's...

Hope to see you soon, homey. Unfortunately, it'll be later since MU's going to Maui instead of Anaheim.
SS Marquette