[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Hillary vs Rudy ?  (Read 8242 times)

Murffieus

• All American
Hillary vs Rudy ?
« on: March 24, 2007, 08:34:11 PM »
Will  Hillary win the Democrat nomination for president, quite possibly----will she win the presidency, IMO ----no way!

IMO she's a programmed messenger-----spouts the talking point of the day based on what her campaign pollsters find the majority of the target audience wants to hear.

But  that aside-----I watch her deliver her message----very bland-----about as inspiring as a turtle sunnying itself on a rock.

Rudy on the otherhand is a much more effective campaigner-----Rudy can sell----has some baggage (3rd marriage & family problems over it----plus he's had prostate cancer).

Rudy has Swartzenegger's support who moved the California primary up to Super Tuesday (February 5, 2008) which will help Rudy-----also Spitzer is moving the New York primary up to Super Tuesday as well to help Hillary ----but this will also help  Rudy----if California and New York go for Hillary and Rudy early----they will be tough  to beat for their respective parties nomination!

Looks to me like Hillary vs Rudy----wth Rudy winning (unless his health turns south)----chief reason besides the difference in campaign style----- in wartime (Iraq or no Iraq there will still  be substantial geopolitical challenges)  I don't think the electorate will elect a women when the country is being challenged from abroad------Rudy is a constant reminder of 9/11 and the threats that are still out there !
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 08:41:17 PM by Murffieus »

Murffieus

• All American
Re: Hillary vs Rudy ?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 09:07:37 AM »
Saw Rudy being interviewed on Kudlow & Co (CNBC) yesterday----Rudy can sell----regardless of one's political affiliation after hearing him you have to agree that he makes a good case for his stance on any particular issue.

I can see how Rudy as a Republican got elected Mayor of the Democratic stronghold NYC !

He's going to be tough to beat !

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 09:15:06 AM »
I can't find the exact quote .. Ed Koch was speaking about Rudy, who he endorsed for Mayor years ago.  He's NOT endorsing Rudy for president .. his quote was something like  "..I don't think people want someone who is irascible, mean-spirited, vindictive to be the President.  Mayor of New York?  That's a perfect fit.  Not President."

Honestly, I lost interest after that.  I understand Repubs tend to nominate the early front runner.  I don't think Rudy would win the general.

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 07:16:55 PM »
Any republican who can get elected mayor of NYC has something going for him----regardless of Kochs opinion of Rudy's persona.

jutaw22mu

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2007, 03:51:20 PM »
both are the devil....

im a republican but if i absolutely had to choose between the two, it would be hilary but id rather just write my own name in.  then i would be voting for someone with good morals and a good grasp on ethics.

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2007, 07:07:17 PM »
What makes you question Rudy's morals?

jutaw22mu

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 05:23:52 AM »
his stance on life.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 08:33:26 AM »
Rudy can't get out of the primaries.  No way the hard-core right will elect a thrice married, pro- gay rights, pro-choice candidate, regardless of how great a 'leader' he is.   As a firefighter, I cannot forgive or forget how he treated my brethren on the pile.    No sale.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

OneMadWarrior

• Team Captain
  • Wish I was at the Maui Invitational
    • The Truth
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2007, 08:37:07 AM »
Rudy is my guy, despite his history of censorship.
“When I was losing, they called me nuts. When I was winning they called me eccentric.”

~Al McGuire

Correct morals arise from knowing what man is—not what do-gooders and well-meaning old Aunt Nellies would like him to be.
~Robert Heinlein

SoCalwarrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2007, 10:44:53 AM »
Watch this clip and tell me Rudy is the next president.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IrE6FMpai8

OneMadWarrior

• Team Captain
  • Wish I was at the Maui Invitational
    • The Truth
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2007, 10:57:11 AM »
Are presidents not allowed to have a sense of humor. Guess what? He is human. I have done some funny things for a joke. Sp can the president. I don't want some robot (Al Gore) running the country. Shoudnt' policy and leadership matter more then appearance anyway.
“When I was losing, they called me nuts. When I was winning they called me eccentric.”

~Al McGuire

Correct morals arise from knowing what man is—not what do-gooders and well-meaning old Aunt Nellies would like him to be.
~Robert Heinlein

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2007, 07:37:34 AM »
Remember Ronald Reagan in "Bedtime for Bonzo" (circa 1955)------didn't seem to hurt him with the voters.

BTW----both Reagan as governor of California  and Rudy as Mayor of New York had great governing records----both were very, very effective chief executives!

augoman

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2007, 09:05:12 AM »
more telling was fact that dems used that video as political ploy.  always negative, never any answers.  please, can't they offer a true alternative?  no more phonies!

feedback