collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[April 27, 2024, 11:54:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Welcome new bulls fans  (Read 4142 times)

RawdogDX

• All American
Welcome new bulls fans
« on: June 24, 2011, 10:26:07 AM »
So you decided to root for the Bulls...

It's going to be fun.  They play hard nosed defence.  They are solid everywhere but the two.  They have good depth off the bench.
They have a lot of winners from march college years. 

Rose:
Derric Rose is a top 3 player "I'd like to build a team around guy" and a top 5 "fun to watch guy".  He attacks the hoop.  Works hard on his game.  He'll shoot better every year.  He picked up habits from the Olympic run from Kobi and Wade.  He puts himself in danger for freak injuries but he has good gait kinematics. like lebron.

Deng:
I loved him till Lebron killed him.  Good midrange game, good D, long clutch, tends to disappear.

Boozer:
Not as bad as he looked.  No camp, injury midseason, new scheme, new team, will have a better season next year... :-\

Noah:
Guy you'd hate on the other team.  Head case but you are allowed to have one head case.  Good rebounder, intense, but will he ever get a post game?

They are deep with young size off the bench at 4 & 5.  They have 2's who can shoot and 2's who can defend.  Finding one who can shoot makes the m a legit title contender, if boozer gets his crap together.

mr.MUskie

• All American
Re: Welcome new bulls fans
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 10:32:28 AM »
gait kinematics?

bet that's the first time that expression has ever been used on this forum.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 10:40:53 AM »
And now they have a player who can guard LeBron at least a little bit.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 11:20:49 AM »
I'm not happy about rooting for the Bulls, but they have 1 more Jimmy Butler than the Bucks.  I'll have to swallow my pride.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 01:40:42 PM »
Plus, they have one fewer Badger than the Bucks.  That's enough to turn the most die hard MU/Bucks fan right?

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 02:27:02 PM »
As a Bulls fan, I was thrilled to see one of my favorite college players get drafted by my favorite NBA team. While I don't expect Jimmy to become a star, I think he's going to have a very good NBA career and wouldn't at all be surprised if he became somewhat of a cult hero in Chicago given his work ethic and background.

Slightly off topic but do Bucks fans really have that much animosity towards the Bulls? I don't ever remember thinking that there was as a big rivalry there. Is it just a hate-for-all-Illinois-teams thing?

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 02:37:55 PM »
Slightly off topic but do Bucks fans really have that much animosity towards the Bulls? I don't ever remember thinking that there was as a big rivalry there. Is it just a hate-for-all-Illinois-teams thing?

I'm a Bucks fan, and I couldn't really care less about the Bulls. I think part of it is the Brewers-Cubs dynamic... people don't like seeing their stadium taken over by another team. That doesn't bother me as much, but I could be in the minority.

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 02:47:58 PM »
As an MU fan, I can't be happier for Jimmy.  It's also great for the program to have an NBA trend going here.

As a Bulls fan, I am also excited.  Jimmy should fit in well with the Bench Mob.  He, Taj, and Asik should be a great defensive frontline for a second unit. 

I think Jimmy  can step into the rotation immediately as 8th or 9th man given his size and age.  Like Bogans, you know he won't hurt you and he will be solid.  Given that, the Bulls have a bunch of expiring contracts in Korver, Brewer, and Watson.  Their contracts add up to a marquee player in the $10-15M range. 

I have such faith in Jimmy that I would not mind seeing the Bulls go for a big time player by packaging those guys with maybe Gibson or Asik and the Bobcats' pick for an elite caliber player.  If you are Orlando, Philadelphia, Golden State or others teams, then a good young big man, expiring deals, and a likely lottery pick from Charlotte is a decent package. 

Jimmy is a hidden gem in this draft.  He has great size and plays tough d.  Unlike other college scorers, Jimmy does not need a lot of shots to get into rhythm.  Playing 8-12 minutes and only taking 2 or 3 shots will come natural to him.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2011, 04:19:22 PM »
I think Jimmy  can step into the rotation immediately as 8th or 9th man given his size and age.  Like Bogans, you know he won't hurt you and he will be solid.  Given that, the Bulls have a bunch of expiring contracts in Korver, Brewer, and Watson.  Their contracts add up to a marquee player in the $10-15M range. 

I don't think Korver and Brewer's contracts are done until after the 12-13 season.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/chicago.htm

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2011, 04:35:49 PM »
I'm a Bucks fan, and I couldn't really care less about the Bulls. I think part of it is the Brewers-Cubs dynamic... people don't like seeing their stadium taken over by another team. That doesn't bother me as much, but I could be in the minority.

Isn't it more the Packers Bears dynamic? The Cubs and Brewers is still an awfully young rivalry and it's not like either team is battling for World championships.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2011, 06:46:03 PM »
While I don't expect Jimmy to become a star, I think he's going to have a very good NBA career and wouldn't at all be surprised if he became somewhat of a cult hero in Chicago given his work ethic and background.

I agree with this 100 percent. If Jimmy keeps up his smart play...RARELY can I remember making a bone-headed play...he could become a big fan favorite because of his quiet demeanor and his hard work. He long-ago cracked my top 5 favorite MU players (T. Smith, Novak, Wade, Hayward, Jimmy...with Joe Chapman on the outside looking in).

As for the Bulls thing...I'm a Bulls fan and a Cubs fan. I happen to like the Bucks and the Brewers and I even root for the Packers after the Bears get eliminated. I hate to say it, but the animosity is clearly an inferiority complex as is the obsession with MU coverage in the JS.

Prince Fielder is going to look great at Wrigley next year, by the way!

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2011, 07:11:57 PM »

Noah:
Guy you'd hate on the other team.  Head case but you are allowed to have one head case.  Good rebounder, intense, but will he ever get a post game?

Agree he's a guy I'd absolutely hate on any other team, still can't stand him from the Florida runs a few years back. 
I disagree about him being a head case.  He's a young guy with a lot of emotion, and there's still a lot of "goofy kid" in him.  I think given a couple years he'll be a leader on and off the court (barring injury). 
And, yeah, a better post game couldn't hurt either.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

karavotsos

• All American
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2011, 11:29:04 PM »
Any Bulls summary has to include Stacey King.  Live in Milwaukee and only get the WGN Sat. night games and would watch just to hear Stacey King announce.  They replayed the Stacey King announcing of the Bulls comeback against the Pacers in game 1 of their series on one of the Chicago radio stations and it was one of the greatest things I've heard - up there with the Jordan HoF speech.

Also, you can be a fan of the Bucks and the Bulls just as you can be a fan of the Milwaukee Admirals and any NHL team.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2011, 04:06:51 AM »
Isn't it more the Packers Bears dynamic? The Cubs and Brewers is still an awfully young rivalry and it's not like either team is battling for World championships.

Not going that deep at all... Packers-Bears is on a whole other level.

The Brewers and Cubs weren't really "rivals" until Cubs fans started taking over Miller Park. The same could be said for the Bucks and Bulls. When the Bulls played in MKE this past year the crowd was overwhelmingly pro-Bulls. I think that riled some Bucks fans up.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2011, 11:18:21 AM »
I can't wait to hear how Stacey announces Jimmy on a big play.   Hope he comes up with something better than, "The Butler did it, Neil!" but I'm guessing he'll go that route.

Ahoya06

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2011, 12:47:13 PM »
Not going that deep at all... Packers-Bears is on a whole other level.

The Brewers and Cubs weren't really "rivals" until Cubs fans started taking over Miller Park. The same could be said for the Bucks and Bulls. When the Bulls played in MKE this past year the crowd was overwhelmingly pro-Bulls. I think that riled some Bucks fans up.

Exactly. My hatred for the Bulls went way up after those games.

That said, hate the jersey, not the player. I obviously want Jimmy to shine, just doing so while leading the Bulls to second place.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2011, 09:04:51 AM »
I'm not happy about rooting for the Bulls, but they have 1 more Jimmy Butler than the Bucks.  I'll have to swallow my pride.

THIS...

Plus, they have one fewer Badger than the Bucks.  That's enough to turn the most die hard MU/Bucks fan right?

AND THIS
SS Marquette

Stronghold

• All American
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2011, 12:16:04 PM »

I'd agree on this.  And at Marquette specifically there are large numbers of students from both Wisconsin and Illinois that love to get on each other about their respective sports teams.

feedback