collapse

* Recent Posts

Recruiting as of 6/15/24 by Plaque Lives Matter!
[June 16, 2024, 07:21:10 PM]

Lakers Going After Hurley by MU82
[June 16, 2024, 06:39:26 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Herman Cain
[June 16, 2024, 06:05:09 PM]

NBA green room by Skatastrophy
[June 16, 2024, 03:09:36 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 16, 2024, 02:42:15 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by We R Final Four
[June 16, 2024, 11:50:43 AM]

President Lovell Passes Away by Skatastrophy
[June 15, 2024, 09:14:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Please help a Marquette faithful  (Read 3711 times)

jeffreyweee

• Team Captain
Please help a Marquette faithful
« on: May 11, 2011, 07:40:23 PM »
Hey all,

I'm a current Marquette student and I need some Marquette help/love. My mom has fought stage-4 breast cancer for over 11 years. Two brain surgeries, full brain radiation, 6 local radiation treatments and 8 years of chemotherapy. She recently had another brain metastasis and there she has run out of options. I ask the Marquette faithful for two things to help out me and my family of Marquette fans. The first is prayers; We are setting up hospice for her right now and spirits are low. The second is a donation to the american cancer society in honor of my mom and all cancer patients alike. The american cancer society and relay for life have been behind virtually every break through related to cancer and will be the most significant contributor when everything is said and done.

Here is a link to my page which includes a picture of me walking the survivor lap at last years relay for life with my mom and dad:
http://main.acsevents.org/goto/jeffreymaltas

We are really trying to make a statement this year with my mom only having about 3 months left. Any amount of donations and prayers are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jeff Maltas

Blackhat

• All American
Re: Please help a Marquette faithful
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 07:44:20 PM »
May God be with your family during this time.

also the link didn't work for me, came up blank.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 07:45:59 PM by Stone Cold »

GoMarquette32

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 07:50:12 PM »
May god bless your family.

You will definately be in my prayers.

jeffreyweee

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 07:56:48 PM »
May God be with your family during this time.

also the link didn't work for me, came up blank.

I clicked it and it worked for me. Ill post it here again:   http://main.acsevents.org/goto/jeffreymaltas

Here is also a direct link to the donation part of my page if the 2 links dont work :

https://secure3.convio.net/tacs/site/Donation2idb=1797534033&1008583.donation=form1&df_id=1008583&FR_ID=30725&PROXY_ID=10298391&PROXY_TYPE=20

Thanks again to all who read this and offer prayers and donations.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 08:00:25 PM »
I got it now.  It worked on firefox but not google chrome for some reason.

MUlegends

• Walk-On
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 11:36:31 AM »
Jeff, I know exactly what you are going through. I lost my mother to leukemia in 2007. First, my prayers are with you. Second, please email me at marquettelegends@yahoo.com. I believe I have a great way to raise money for your team but I want to run it past you first.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 01:34:50 AM »
Prayers up.  She and your family have gone through a lot.  Best wishes

marquettejr

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 06:26:45 AM »
May god bless your family.
You will definately be in my prayers.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2011, 07:51:46 AM »
My mom's sick too right now, bud.  She got caught relatively early with Stage-2, but her Lymphadenectomy led to Lymphedema and she's struggling through the mental ups and downs of years of hormone therapy.  She seems to be doing well, besides the crazy emotion stuff :)

I'll send good ju-ju your mom's way.  Keep up a brave face for her!

jeffreyweee

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2011, 09:16:22 AM »
That you to those who have donated and offered their prayers! Marquette has a fantastic community. Keep them comin!

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2011, 06:48:57 PM »
Jeff, prayers for your family. I lost an uncle at a young age to cancer. I'll make a donation in honor of him and your mother.

jeffreyweee

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2011, 10:55:10 PM »
Jeff, prayers for your family. I lost an uncle at a young age to cancer. I'll make a donation in honor of him and your mother.

Thank you very much for your donation. Marquette is fantastic! Cancer has touched everyone in so many ways.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2011, 06:48:51 PM »
Your Mom is beyond prayers, she is in God's hands; however, you and your family are not so I will keep you all in my prayers. When I lost my son 11 years ago it was only my faith that kept me going and keeps me going to this day knowing that we are never alone. Our Lord promised us that when two or more gather in His name he is with us. I know that my son John is with Him and He is with us, therefore my son is never far away.

God Bless...
a Marquette Faithful.

PS: My 7 month old grand daughter is named Faith.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2011, 05:55:14 PM »
Your Mom is beyond prayers, she is in God's hands; however, you and your family are not so I will keep you all in my prayers. When I lost my son 11 years ago it was only my faith that kept me going and keeps me going to this day knowing that we are never alone. Our Lord promised us that when two or more gather in His name he is with us. I know that my son John is with Him and He is with us, therefore my son is never far away.

God Bless...
a Marquette Faithful.

I know you meant well, but no one is beyond prayers! You can still pray for your son's soul. I'll say some for him too  :)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 05:57:16 PM by Victor McCormick »

jtrash37

• Starter
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2011, 09:32:51 PM »
My mother began http://web.me.com/maryjoy3/Site/Welcome.html for those surviving and battling breast cancer.  I realize this isn't the case here, but if you get me some info at jroscioli@wi.rr.com, I'll see if we can't do something for your family.  The website went without an update this year, as my brother passed unexpectedly in December, but they still did many games throughout Wisconsin.

John Roscioli
MU 1994

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2011, 08:02:34 AM »

God Bless...
a Marquette Faithful.

I lost a child as well about 2.5 years ago.  It absolutely sucks the life out of you.  But the that same tragedy is what brought me to God. 

jeffreyweee

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2011, 08:27:57 PM »
The donations have been astounding. The support from people I've never met has been great. I've received donations from fans and previous MU players (that are now in the nba!). There are 2 weeks left and I'm still short of the $5,000 goal. Please think about donating!

Again, thanks you everyone who has donated. It means so much.

jeffreyweee

• Team Captain
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2011, 12:33:56 AM »
Thanks again for everyones help. I've hit my goal but I'm not satisfied! The relay is tomorrow (Saturday) and I'm still about 200 behind my sister who has beaten me every year. I'm up passed $5,000 and have a real shot at it this year. So if not a donation for cancer, for sibling rivalry!

Anyway thanks for all the help from MUscoop. It's been amazing.