collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by tower912
[Today at 06:52:38 AM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[April 27, 2024, 11:54:22 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: "Wesley Matthews had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day"  (Read 3819 times)

PaintTouches

• All American
I didn't get to watch the Blazer's first game, but when I checked the boxscore and saw Wes only got 19 minutes of burn, I knew there must have been something wrong. Turns out there was. (Thankfully its not injury related)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Wesley-Matthews-had-a-terrible-horrible-no-goo;_ylt=Ap7fXPmi8sdwKyITId6OV5HZrYZ4?urn=nba-wp1646#comments

🏀

• All American
Re: "Wesley Matthews had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day"
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 01:30:05 PM »
That's a pretty rough sequence of events.

If only he shat his pants to top it all off...

wojosdojo

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 01:30:55 PM »
I knew something wasnt right when I continude to watch and see him warm the bench. Hopefully tonight he can bounce back on those Mavs.  I hope Wes can make that fan regret his phone call.

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 03:20:42 PM »
Wow, comfortable shoes, some chicken wings, and an afternoon nap---I have been living a NBA lifestyle, and didnt even know it. lol
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 03:22:58 PM »
Looks like an article from "The Onion".

tower912

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 03:24:26 PM »
I realize that routine is important, but really?    My shoes weren't comfortable, my wings were late and my nap was interrupted?    Maybe I am just too used to uncomfortable boots, interrupted meals, sleepness nights and still having to perform my duties as father, husband, officer.  
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 04:09:32 PM »
equipment managers must have forgot to pack his blankie too

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 06:26:38 PM »
to be fair, its not like he came out screaming about these things or blaming his game on them. sounds like an interviewer came up and he was just kind of like "crap, that sucked"

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 06:35:21 PM »
to be fair, its not like he came out screaming about these things or blaming his game on them. sounds like an interviewer came up and he was just kind of like "crap, that sucked"

Advice....don't talk to reporters about nonsense/anything.

I don't think Michael Jordan was crying about being out partying/gambling till 5 in the morning in Altantic City on the way to NBA Championships while beating the Knicks in NYC.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 06:42:26 PM by SaintPaulWarrior »

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 10:12:20 PM »
Wes is going to have a headache tomorrow.  Glad to see he is alright after cracking heads with "the jet"
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 06:48:34 AM »
Wow, comfortable shoes, some chicken wings, and an afternoon nap---I have been living a NBA lifestyle, and didnt even know it. lol

Yeah, but just figurin' you don't command 6 big ones/year. ;D
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 09:38:01 AM »
I realize that routine is important, but really?    My shoes weren't comfortable, my wings were late and my nap was interrupted?    Maybe I am just too used to uncomfortable boots, interrupted meals, sleepness nights and still having to perform my duties as father, husband, officer.  

The difference is that part of OCS (and bootcamp) is to train you to be at your best in even the most uncomfortable of circumstances.

Most professional athletes have been coddled since junior high.  It's not the routine that screws them up... it's the fact that anytime their socks get slightly moist, someone is standing there with a fresh, dry pair for them.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 10:21:44 AM »
Wes is going to have a headache tomorrow.  Glad to see he is alright after cracking heads with "the jet"

I cannot find anything about the collision from last night. I know he walked off the floor and into the locker room, but didnt continue to watch the game.  He did lay motionless on the floor for sometime. Probably knocked out. did he get back out there? Just curious with all the precautions given to these sort of incidents.
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2011, 10:54:45 AM »
I cannot find anything about the collision from last night. I know he walked off the floor and into the locker room, but didnt continue to watch the game.  He did lay motionless on the floor for sometime. Probably knocked out. did he get back out there? Just curious with all the precautions given to these sort of incidents.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/playoffs/2011/04/19/0041000162_por_dal_play3.nba/

He was back shortly after the incident.  Just in time for them to call a ridiculous offensive foul on him.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2011, 10:57:21 AM »
I cannot find anything about the collision from last night. I know he walked off the floor and into the locker room, but didnt continue to watch the game.  He did lay motionless on the floor for sometime. Probably knocked out. did he get back out there? Just curious with all the precautions given to these sort of incidents.
I was watching at the time it happened.

After the impact he fell back on the ground and lay there motionless for maybe 5-10 seconds.  I couldn't tell if he was out or not but based on the fact that he wasn't moving at all I would be willing to bet he was unconscious at least for a few seconds.  Once the trainers came over he started moving his arms and legs a little bit.  

The game went to a commercial and when they came back they showed him walking by himself to the tunnel to head to the locker room.  He responded to something said by someone in the stands.  I don't know if he played again...haven't had a chance to look at the box score yet.  

EDIT:  I guess he was ok as he played 36 minutes
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 11:02:57 AM by ATL MU Warrior »

feedback