[Today at 08:18:48 AM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Big East in NIT  (Read 1448 times)

dwaderoy2004

• All American
Big East in NIT
« on: March 21, 2007, 09:42:42 AM »
I know most people don't follow the NIT, but I have been keeping an eye on it to see how our Big East brethren represented.  Besides Providence losing its first round game in OT to Bradley, West Virginia has already reached the final four, and Depaul and Cuse play tonight (both on the road) for a chance to join WVU.  If we get three of the four final NIT teams, i think it goes a long way to once again showing the depth of the conference. 

AlumKCof93

• All American
Re: Big East in NIT
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 10:52:24 AM »
I've been following it as well and even have taken the unusual step of hoping that DePaul wins.  That said, I don't think a conference benefits that much in terms of prestige if a team wins the NIT.  But it might if a Big East team wins both the NCAA and NIT.  I'm still holding out hope that G-town can make the former happen.
"Yes, Dinnertime!  The perfect break between work and drunk" - Homer J. Simpson

rugbydrummer

• Team Captain
Re: Big East in NIT
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 12:20:38 AM »
Yeah, it'll be interesting to see what happens there--if the NCAA big wigs even notice what was happening with the NIT or what not.  Bleh.  Sometimes it makes me crazy . . .

. . . although . . .

it gave me nothing but smug joy to see our Lake Michigan compatriots relegated to the "Not Invited" tournament, if only because of their fans' poor comportment at the MU road game in February.  "Marquette Mar-sux"??? Honestly, if you're going to bash, at least be intelligent about it. 

Oh, speaking of digs... so I found this birthday card for my friend (who unfortunately probably didn't appreciate this as much) but it was of a man in the Dr.'s office, and the Doc was putting on a large "#1 fan" glove on  . . but the Doc's medical license on the wall read that it was issued from "Syracuse". . which I kinda laughed at.

Oh, especially because inside the card reads: "It's your birthday.  Take it like a man." ;D

and even funnier if you, like me, thought of the patient as Jim Boeheim and the M.D. as the NCAA Selection Committee . . . :D :D

Seriously, though, I emphasize with 'Cuse.  Even though I don't like Devendorf. 

P.S. that card is in Walgreen's if you are on campus!  ;)

feedback