'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Gabe York planning visit...  (Read 19276 times)

bilsu

• All American
Re: Gabe York planning visit...
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2011, 01:28:15 PM »
I think it will depend on what happens with our 2 remaining scholarships for this year, but I just can't see adding a second point for 2012. As of right now, we have 2 scholarships we can use this year. We have none for 2012. If any open, or if we don't use one, we are currently bringing in a point guard (TJ Taylor) and a switchable (Jamal Ferguson). Based on Buzz's recruiting philosophy, if he adds anyone for 2012, it should be a big as he wants one point and one big every year.

While some places list Taylor as a SG, he was a PG first that had a scoring mentality. York, on the other hand, is a shooting guard that is trying to learn the point to better suit the college game. But Taylor has always been PG first while York has been SG first. He's a great talent, but based on our incoming class, he doesn't seem to be our biggest need. I think that barring transfers or holding over multiple scholarships, guys like York and Kris Dunn probably became very low priorities when we got the verbal from Taylor.

Ferguson and Taylor are verbal commitments. There is no guarantee that they actually sign with us.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2011, 02:20:57 PM »
Ferguson and Taylor are verbal commitments. There is no guarantee that they actually sign with us.

Given his history - things not working out at Okla., his mom wanting him to go to MU in the first place- Taylor has got to be as close to a lock as a verbal can get.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2011, 04:09:52 PM »

Okay...that's true...but I have to imagine that until one of them says otherwise, Buzz will proceed with his recruiting under the assumption they are coming. You don't go out and get five point guards for a recruiting class just because you are afraid one might back out. Granted, verbals aren't binding commitments, but getting a verbal definitely impacts how you go about building the rest of the recruiting class.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

feedback