collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Anyone know any good lawyers in miami?  (Read 2291 times)

kami june

• Walk-On
Anyone know any good lawyers in miami?
« on: April 02, 2011, 12:00:52 AM »
my mom has this whole thing going on with the bank and the house and needs a good lawyer

HouWarrior

• All American
Re: Anyone know any good lawyers in miami?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 01:19:48 AM »
Google  martindale hubbell.com and search city/state, the practice areas (sounds like yours is consumer/mortgage/litigation), and scroll results, picking 2-3 listings with an AV rating, the highest rating.
AV is voted solely to attorneys, usually with 10 plus years experience, by confidential vote of other attorneys surveyed.
We attorneys are asked by martindale, to rate/vote on only attorneys we have actually dealt with , and when assured we are rating/voting on each other in total confidence, we are brutally honest.
So, an AV rating is like a bunch of your opposing attorneys, behind your back (lol), saying you are the tops, preeminent in your field, with the highest  ethics.  
I only refer cases to AV lawyers. If the AV attorney is board certified in consumer law, also, thats maybe an added plus, as he/she has studied extra, and tested to get the certification. Be prepared to pay hourly, and pay well, as your doesnt sound like anyone will touch it for just a % contingency, on recovery.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 10:43:27 AM by houwarrior »
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

spacecrusader

• Walk-On
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 05:43:22 PM »
This guy is spam. Check his signature, he posted a link to a personal injury attorneys' website. I've done it, so I know.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 06:54:38 PM »
This is spam, and the OP has been banned, but since houwarrior gave a "real" answer, I'll leave the thread...

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 07:52:55 PM »
This guy is spam. Check his signature, he posted a link to a personal injury attorneys' website. I've done it, so I know.

Color me stupid, and pretty mad over the time I wasted....how can/should I have been able to spot this thing as spam/fictional?
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 08:14:35 PM »
Color me stupid, and pretty mad over the time I wasted....how can/should I have been able to spot this thing as spam/fictional?

You couldn't have, really.

It was a new account, which sets off flags.

Spacecrusader noticed that he had a spammy signature.  He edited that in after you gave a legit response.  This was significantly more tricky than most spam accounts.  Don't worry about it too much, it was still a great answer (and a website I bookmarked myself)!

spacecrusader

• Walk-On
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 08:36:03 PM »
You couldn't have, really.

It was a new account, which sets off flags.

Spacecrusader noticed that he had a spammy signature.  He edited that in after you gave a legit response.  This was significantly more tricky than most spam accounts.  Don't worry about it too much, it was still a great answer (and a website I bookmarked myself)!

Likewise, twas a great response.