'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Rosiak's Blog] Wrapping up the season, by the numbers  (Read 2595 times)

ToddRosiakSays

[Rosiak's Blog] Wrapping up the season, by the numbers
« on: March 29, 2011, 10:15:04 AM »
Wrapping up the season, by the numbers

Now that the 2010-'11 season is over, let's take a look back at the numbers, shall we?

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/118810529.html

JTBMU7

• All American
Re: [Rosiak's Blog] Wrapping up the season, by the numbers
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 11:03:26 AM »
Looking at those numbers it just validates what I've said about this team all year; consistently inconsistent.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 01:06:12 PM »
Looking at those numbers it just validates what I've said about this team all year; consistently inconsistent.

Amen.  That drives fans, coaches, etc crazy. Talent was there but there were days you just shook your head.

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 01:16:46 PM »
This was a wildly inconsistent season.  Just glad we got two good games in a row against two good teams to make this a memorable season at the end. 

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 01:20:26 PM »
I get that the numbers show inconsistency, yet when looking at simply wins/losses...I thought the season was pretty predictable as far as Seaton Hall being the only "bad" loss.

JTBMU7

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 01:43:12 PM »
I get that the numbers show inconsistency, yet when looking at simply wins/losses...I thought the season was pretty predictable as far as Seaton Hall being the only "bad" loss.
I agree, that's what made this such an odd season. Preseason game by game picks were pretty much spot-on other than maybe the UCONN/SHU games. 
What made this season so strange is the up and down between each game and even within games themselves (25 min of lights-out ball, followed by 10 min of garbage).
It wasn't like UCONN where they had distinct phases of the season (played well out of the gate, slumped a little mid season, then peaked at the end of the season). We went up and down from game to game to game.
I would attribute that to the lack of a true, veteran PG (which it looks like we have for next season) who would typically be the one to push a team through those rough patches in games, get a bucket, draw a foul, create a shot, etc... Dwight and JC did well given the situation, but it'll be nice to have a traditional PG with some experience running the show next year.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 01:47:12 PM »
Todd, thanks for all the great reporting that you did about the team.  The key questions now revolve around recruiting - whether Buzz will sign an "aircraft carrier" or will he give the last scholarship to Singleton.  Either way we will be anxious to read about it.

feedback