[Today at 12:14:11 PM]

Ranking Big East Centers by MUbiz
[Today at 11:35:26 AM]

2024 Mock Drafts by MU82
[Today at 09:41:03 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:26:19 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Impressive Recruiting...  (Read 1730 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Impressive Recruiting...
« on: March 24, 2011, 10:13:31 PM »
I'm totally gonna get flamed for this but living in Indianapolis, it's easy to hear/see these things...

http://www.indystar.com/article/20110324/SPORTS02/110324011/Lawrence-Central-s-Jeremy-Hollowell-commits-play-IU?odyssey=tab|topnews|img|IndyStar.com

IU added Jeremy Hollowell. Crean has some outstanding talent coming in 2011-2014. It really is impressive.

"Hollowell, who ranks No. 23 by Scout.com and No. 39 by Rivals.com in the 2012 class nationally, joins four other players – Hanner Perea of LaPorte’s La Lumiere Academy (No. 10), Yogi Ferrell of Park Tudor (No. 17), Broad Ripple’s Ron Patterson (No. 78), and Peter Jurkin of United Faith Christian Academy in Charlotte, N.C. (No. 137) – ranked in the top 150 by Rivals."

"Indiana has signed Washington’s Cody Zeller and Hamilton Heights’ Austin Etherington in the 2011 class and gained commitments from Cathedral’s Collin Hartman and Warren Central’s Devin Davis in 2013 and Fort Wayne Bishop Luers’ James Blackmon Jr. and Tech’s Trey Lyles in 2014."

"Asked specifically about the 2012 class, Daniels said the Hoosiers are a “clear-cut No. 1” in Scout.com’s team recruiting rankings. Villanova, Duke and Louisville are in the running for No. 2."

His last 3 season have been pitiful, but assuming he's still around, those kids both actually attend IU and live up to their billing, IU is going to be a force in 3-4 years.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 10:20:05 PM by socrplar125 »

HoopsMalone

• All American
Re: Impressive Recruiting...
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 10:17:20 PM »
As much as I don't really think Crean is that great of a coach, I am happy for him.  He did take a tough job and his bad coaching ability was exposed.  He has always wanted talent like this so I am happy he gets his shot. 

You are right.  That is pretty impressive.  Especially that 2012 class.

I see Crean upping expectations too high and comparing this class to the Fab 5 or something.  If he is smart, he would lower expectations publicly.  But, he has done nothing but create hype. 

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 10:19:51 PM »
Lots of talent there...hopefully he can translate it to wins for the IU faithful.  Looking at that talent..you can see one reason why TC wanted to go to Indiana - look at all of the 5 and 4-star talent in the state.  He should get most of those kids, and is...especially due to most playing for the Indiana Elite AAU program which has really stepped up the pipeline/funnel of kids to IU since TC brought on the President's son to the IU coaching staff, and gave a walk on slot to a board of directors kid...savvy...and maybe also a little sleazy...but it is within the rules so why not?
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 08:47:34 AM »
Lots of talent there...hopefully he can translate it to wins for the IU faithful.  Looking at that talent..you can see one reason why TC wanted to go to Indiana - look at all of the 5 and 4-star talent in the state.  He should get most of those kids, and is...especially due to most playing for the Indiana Elite AAU program which has really stepped up the pipeline/funnel of kids to IU since TC brought on the President's son to the IU coaching staff, and gave a walk on slot to a board of directors kid...savvy...and maybe also a little sleazy...but it is within the rules so why not?

Meanwhile the Nerd at Butler keeps making Final 4 runs and ruling in Dance victories, without all these 5 and 4 star kids.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 08:58:32 AM »
I was thinking last night, while he finally seems to be on the right track with recruiting, it has got to be frustrating to an I4 fan sitting there in your crimson sweatshirt, watching the teams still playing, after you have lost 20 games three years in a row...UK and OSU, Butler moving in on a second consecutive Final Four...BUTLER!, seeing what Sean Miller has done in 2 years at Arizona, even Marquette from where Crean came, still playing.

Again, it appears they are close to breaking through, but the patience undoubtedly has to be wearing thin, and it will wear thin for everyone if these recruits don't translate to some real success on the court in the next 12-24 months.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 08:59:49 AM »
Meanwhile the Nerd at Butler keeps making Final 4 runs and ruling in Dance victories, without all these 5 and 4 star kids.

Good point...and you nailed it when you said NERD at Butler...that guy can sure coach...but man...what a dull personality.  Hard to believe players respond to him, but clearly they do...shows there are a lot of different ways to get it done in life..
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 09:02:40 AM »

I was also thinking last night after they won, how much I like that nerd at Butler. He just seems to get it.

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 09:34:05 AM »
Will be interesting as Butler and IU have agreed to play each other next year.  Not sure what the terms were, as I wouldn't think this would be a "buy" game.  Knowing Crean adversion to playing UW-M (did I get that right?), I find it hard to believe that he'd play Butler.