collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Is Tennessee Crazy?  (Read 2091 times)

DJO's Pump Fake

• All American
Is Tennessee Crazy?
« on: March 23, 2011, 11:23:56 AM »

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Is Tennessee Crazy?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 11:26:59 AM »
Do they think they have a shot at Dixon and Wright?

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2011/mar/23/five-coaches-top-uts-list-search-replace-bruce-pea/

considering their AD is essentially a dead man walking and the program is about to get slapped with NCAA sanctions....yes, they're nuts

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 11:28:08 AM »
Yes they are crazy, and yes they do think they have a shot.  SEC teams think they have a shot at anyone based on one factor, $$.  UT and Alabama already hate each other, I can't imagine what would happen if they stole Anthony Grant.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 11:52:01 AM »
Will they get any of those guys? Who knows, but I think they are taking the right approach. They run the risk of being bad for a long time, and a young up and comer facing sanctions could be a recipe for utter failure. UT is not I4, but I think they need to take the same approach they used with Crean. Hire a more established guy, throw a lot of money at him, and give him time. If some top assistant, or hot mid-major coach is losing 3 years from now it'll be a disaster. If Jay Wright (for example)  is still losing 3 years from now, that's something different.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 12:03:40 PM »
Would KO ever consider Tennessee after that altercation with Arizona fans at USC?

reinko

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 12:27:00 PM »
Do they think they have a shot at Dixon and Wright?

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2011/mar/23/five-coaches-top-uts-list-search-replace-bruce-pea/

Nah, they may bolt for the second coming of Magic Johnson errrrr JayMay.

augoman

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 02:50:39 PM »
Would KO ever consider Tennessee after that altercation with Arizona fans at USC?

KO was the guy that put Tenn men's bball on the map.  Until he went there they had women's bball and men's football..., and then somewhere down the line men's bball.

His recruits were still strong three years after he left and went to Northwestern.  But go back?  I doubt they'd have him.

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 09:27:40 AM »
His recruits were still strong three years after he left and went to Northwestern.  But go back?  I doubt they'd have him.

But did he wear a Northwestern sweatshirt on the team bus to let everyone know he was leaving?  If not, he didn't burn all the bridges back to Tennessee!

feedback