[Today at 06:45:16 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by willie warrior
[Today at 04:19:07 PM]

Incoming freshmen by willie warrior
[Today at 04:17:14 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by MuMark
[Today at 12:14:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Spanish O'Douchebags, please, PLEASE stop  (Read 7370 times)

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 11:17:46 AM by Blue Horseshoe »

96warrior

• Team Captain
SODs have been posterized
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 12:16:13 PM »

BobWildLoyalist

• Team Captain
Re: Spanish O'Douchebags, please, PLEASE stop
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 01:24:38 PM »
Yea your videos are EXTREMELY embarrassing for our institution. You need to STOP!!

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 03:19:10 PM »
Wow...That seems a little harsh. What did they ever do to you? They seem to be a pretty big hit with the team. So they make a few silly music videos...all in good fun. Sure...they don't have the best voices, but I find them to be quite entertaining. I don't get why a couple students receive so much heat from the boards.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 04:28:04 PM »
of course its a hit with the team?
How bad of a PR move would it be if someone on the team actually echoed the opinion of the rest of the Marquette community and said these guys are unnatural carnal knowledgeing tools

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 04:57:41 PM »
Normally I'd merge this with the existing thread, but it's an important matter. 

Someone needs to stop these monsters.

#MUBB

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 05:31:16 PM »
I've heard rumors Rebecca Black is featuring in their next song...

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 05:35:01 PM »
Wow, give it up.  Seriously.  It's kind of pathetic how much some of you care.

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 05:39:55 PM »
If you care that I care...get over yourself.

baltimoremufan

• Scholarship Player
Spanish Od's BUZZIN
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2011, 07:08:13 PM »
I found this on a Boston sports blog. I went through and didn't see it posted yet.

Catchy Little tune by the Spanish OD's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHdQtxtMzf0&feature=player_embedded#at=163

Lets GO MARQUETTE!!!!

baltimoremufan

• Scholarship Player
Re: Spanish Od's BUZZIN
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 07:09:26 PM »
Haha well I listened to it again. Not great but the OD kids be putting out the effort.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2011, 07:09:31 PM »
Look harder.  ;-)
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2011, 07:11:08 PM »
Prepare to be lit up!

baltimoremufan

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2011, 07:20:29 PM »
My bad if it is already posted. Moderators feel free to take it down. I went through about 10 pages and then got lazy.   And if any Marquette alum are around Baltimore some of us are going to Delia Foleys on Fort Ave. in South Baltimore for the game. Stop on by for wings and beer and MU!

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2011, 07:23:38 PM »
My bad if it is already posted. Moderators feel free to take it down. I went through about 10 pages and then got lazy.   And if any Marquette alum are around Baltimore some of us are going to Delia Foleys on Fort Ave. in South Baltimore for the game. Stop on by for wings and beer and MU!

You would not notice it from the thread's title.  Think of it as a car accident ...

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2011, 08:13:20 PM »
Wow, give it up.  Seriously.  It's kind of pathetic how much some of you care.

No kidding! Why do people who supposedly hate these guys so much keep posting links to their "work"? They're dorky college kids who post crappy Youtube songs about Marquette. So what? The more you bring them up, the more attention they get.

WhiteTron

• Walk-On
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2011, 09:45:15 PM »
weak sauce, nothing clever to it

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2011, 09:55:08 PM »
My girlfriend thought it was catchy, I thought the lyrics were only slightly better than Rebecca Black's "Friday", and that mainly because they mention "Rob Fro-ze-na".
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

mu2031

• Walk-On
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2011, 10:22:46 PM »
I typically think their stuff is pretty clever. This one wasn't my favorite, but hey, Steve Novak tweeted about it today. I'm not sure he would me my go-to source for a hip hop critique....but that's got to at least weigh out the Deadspin article...

HylianHero

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2011, 12:55:32 AM »
I think some of you take this way too seriously.

It's not an embarrassment to Marquette. They're 20 year old kids. The team likes it, of course it's not the best, but they try.

I think it's sorta cool that they do this in all honesty.

SacWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2011, 01:41:58 PM »
I think some of you take this way too seriously.

It's not an embarrassment to Marquette. They're 20 year old kids. The team likes it, of course it's not the best, but they try.

I think it's sorta cool that they do this in all honesty.

Well you're wrong. They're presented by the university as official representatives many times over, they are constantly referred to on twitter and youtube, and anyone looking at Marquette as a viable option is bound to run into one of their dreadful videos.

If they were just some kids who play instruments sometimes then I wouldn't care at all, but they're a PG-13 version of Lonely Island minus the talent, humor, success, notoriety and intelligence. I don't care if they stop altogether but the university needs to stop promoting them, they need to stop hosting their videos and they need to distance themselves instead of paying them to do concerts in the AMU (which they have done)

This is not a joke. This is an embarrassment. Other schools do similar things with their students, but those students generally have talent. I know this seems like a long-winded argument but I am just sick of seeing these guys anywhere. They shouldn't have the campus "fame" that they do, and unfortunately too many people view them as a positive when people outside the school see them as an embarrassment.

Also, one last thing, the basketball team may like them a lot, but have you read the basketball player's twitters? I don't want to sound mean, but the last thing I really care about are the players' interests in comedy and music. They should stick to basketball

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2011, 04:15:32 PM »
Also, one last thing, the basketball team may like them a lot, but have you read the basketball player's twitters? I don't want to sound mean, but the last thing I really care about are the players' interests in comedy and music. They should stick to basketball

What the basketball players do in their own time is their business. I'm a grown man and realize that they have the right to like whatever they fancy. That being said, they are just kids and they don't influence me in regard to anything that doesn't involve basketball.

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2011, 09:52:20 AM »
I'm really only concerned with what college kids think of them.  I really don't care what a bunch of old farts (me for example) think.  If they are viewed as "douchy" by college kids, kill the twitter feed, because I don't want any good high school age kid scratching MU off their list because of the Spanish O'Donnells.

If a kid has a large number of colleges under consideration, they are going to look at the smallest issues to make the number manageable.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2011, 12:34:27 PM »
Ringout,
If a prospective student decides to go Loyola-Chicago, Depaul, SLU, or wherever because of these videos, I don't want someone with such poor judgement, and bothered by the most inconsequential thing eventually representing my university with a diploma out in the world.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 12:50:20 PM by reinko »

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2011, 12:47:25 PM »
I'm really only concerned with what college kids think of them.  I really don't care what a bunch of old farts (me for example) think.  If they are viewed as "douchy" by college kids, kill the twitter feed, because I don't want any good high school age kid scratching MU off their list because of the Spanish O'Donnells.

We're all a bit older now, but I can tell you that if we were still in college, Chicos would have been best friends with these guys, ZFB would have dated one or more of them, and I would have punched them. 
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.