collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Getting Video Off of a DVR  (Read 2170 times)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Getting Video Off of a DVR
« on: March 21, 2011, 08:02:41 AM »
Does anyone know if there is a way to get video off of your DVR.  A Direct TV DVR more specifically.  I have a few Marquette games I'd like to make DVD's of but I don't know how to go about getting them off.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
Re: Getting Video Off of a DVR
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 09:24:26 AM »
you cannot transfer them in HD but you can in SD to either a computer or a standalone DVD burner; with a computer I think you need a video capture card/deviceitherway you will need to play the recording and capture it real-time, not just a straight file-transfer

I've never done this so that's about all I can offer

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 12:10:10 PM »
I have been wondering the same thing since January.  Between each of the Packer playoff games (plus the last regular season game against the Bears where there is one 1.5 sec. clip that I can see myself in the crowd) and now 2 MU NCAA games, my DVR is 82% full. 

There is no way to transfer them in HD?

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 12:51:00 PM »
There is no way to transfer them in HD?

I believe only if your pc has an HDMI or DVI input - search Google or maybe here: http://forum.videohelp.com/

there might be a sports bit torrent site that has the super bowl etc. for download but I don't know anything about that stuff ;)

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 01:00:59 PM »
You can always tripod your video camera and record the whole thing as it plays on the tv. 

I know, old school.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 01:31:11 PM »
Does anyone know if there is a way to get video off of your DVR.  A Direct TV DVR more specifically.  I have a few Marquette games I'd like to make DVD's of but I don't know how to go about getting them off.

I just burn them right to DVD from my DIRECTV HD DVR.  Pretty simple. 

feedback