Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: different game than expected  (Read 2095 times)

dc300zx91

• Walk-On
different game than expected
« on: March 15, 2007, 09:32:48 PM »
As an msu fan, i am honestly feeling a bit sad. I appreciate the fact we are going to the 2nd round but it truely hurts knocking off our "little brother". It really sucks we had to face one another in the first round and that you guys weren't fully healthy. At one point is doesn't feel like a complete victory w/o you guys having McNeal then again, drew only had 12 pts. This game wasn't anything like what most of us expected and wished for.  Would love to have seen drew being drew and having mcneal in to play, walton vs james, big men on both side w/o so many fouls and be a battle of the boards....as most of you know, izzo and crean have made a pact to no schedule one another.... after this game i sort of wish we could schedule an annual game vs one another, althernating home ever year. You're program seems to be truely growing and heading in a great direction and I could see this becoming a great friendly RIVALRY. I wish you guys nothing but the best in the next season w/ such a young team coming back and hopefully maybe a good rematch sometime soon.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
Re: different game than expected
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 09:46:57 PM »
would love to schedule a game against Mich St... just gives us more experience playing a slower style of offense, although we run the same sets, they are at different tempos.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 09:51:55 PM »
would love to schedule a game against Mich St... just gives us more experience playing a slower style of offense, although we run the same sets, they are at different tempos.

Great idea.  Our half-court game is pretty much nonexistant.  This game reinforced the fact that we only score on fast breaks and three pointers. 

I'm looking forward to Christopherson...I don't know if he'll be redshirted, but if he can carry his HS game into the Big East, then our FG % should rise.  Having Mbakwe should also make a difference.  Although I dislike the fact that he's only 6'7", he should be a productive presence downlow.

LovinCrowder

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 09:58:29 PM »
Thank you dc300 for those kinds words.   You are a class act.....

dc300zx91

• Walk-On
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 10:03:32 PM »
who do you guys have signed for next year? i haven't been following you're recruting too much. We have 3 great recruits coming in...
PG kalin lucas is a freshman who LOVES to push the ball and get out and run, has a decent jumper and in a small school he really takes control, could be a great leader in a couple yrs but will give great mins next year.  
SG Chris Allen...supposed to be our shannon brown replacement. he also loves to get up and down, attack the basket, very athletic and great ability to great his own shot from beyond 3pt range.
SG/SF Durrell Summers....he is dominating class D, which isn't say much. But he is crazy athletic, people been comparing him to J-rich in terms of athletic ability, ability to get to the rim and  love for put-back dunks. dont see him getting too much mins until end of season due to lack of challenge he faces in HS.
Also have a walkon thornton who has had full ride offers from respected places but just likes izzo and the program so is going to walk on and hope for scholarship down the road(HAVE to love that commitment)

But i'm curious to know who you guys have coming in and how the recruiting is going for crean. You guys are obviously in need of a big man, as are we, but to a slightly greater extent. But yeah, I really wish we could have an annual non-conference meeting w/ one another, no other program i have more respect for than you guys. Even though crean hasn't done much in the post season other than that final 4 w/ wade, he truely is bringing your program well into the national spotlight. We have nothing but respect for you guys and hopefully can give you a rematch down the road w/ everyone healthy.

KingIzzo

• Walk-On
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 11:06:26 PM »

MSU usually is a run and gun team but just doesnt have the depth to play that way this year . Usually we are running on the break from start to finish. BTW good game and I wish it wasnt at the expense of MU. Good luck next year and hopefully we'll meet up in next years sweet 16 or better.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 11:08:19 PM by KingIzzo »

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007, 11:17:49 PM »
Any Marquette fan that takes this as anything more than a patronizing comment is a loser!!!

Congratulations to Michigan State for kicking our asses, but just because some fan came on here to gloat, doesn't mean we have to sit here and think that it was simply "unfortunate."

We got blown off the court!! McNeal is not a difference maker!

This was an atrocious performance.

For MU fans: Can you name a worse performance? We played better against NDSU!!

maxpower773

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 11:22:55 PM »
Any Marquette fan that takes this as anything more than a patronizing comment is a loser!!!

Congratulations to Michigan State for kicking our asses, but just because some fan came on here to gloat, doesn't mean we have to sit here and think that it was simply "unfortunate."

We got blown off the court!! McNeal is not a difference maker!

This was an atrocious performance.

Are you retarded? Or just too busy eating lead paint chips?  McNeal isn't a difference maker!?!?!??! That's one of the dumbest things I've ever read, coming from you though it's not surprising considering you never make an unbiased opinion or actually state something that's close to true. And a worse game...well there was this one back a few years...Western Michigan. Do you actually watch the basketball games or just wait for something to go wrong to say I told you so and make yourself feel better?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2007, 11:25:36 PM »
who do you guys have signed for next year? i haven't been following you're recruting too much. We have 3 great recruits coming in...

MU should have many new faces next year. In fact, too many as there are more commits right now than scholarships available. Many figured D. James would solve that issue by turning pro. But with his late-season struggles, that's appearing less and less likely. However, there's another player (JUCO transfer Trend Blackledge) who sat out the second half of the season as an academic casualty and his future at MU may be in doubt. Even before that, his minutes were few and far between.
Next year's group includes:

Maurice Acker - lightning quick, but very undersized (5'6") point guard who sat out this season after transferring from Ball State, where he won MAC newcomer of the year honors in 2006.

Trevor Mbakwe -  6'8" power forward from Minnesota. Top 100 player on most lists, supposedly a beast on the boards.

Scott Christopherson - 6'1/2" guard, supposedly a Travis Diener clone with hops. More of a two than a point, however.

Damien Saunders and Patrick Hazel - both 6'7" forwards from the East Coast I honestly don't know much about.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2007, 11:26:15 PM »

Yours over the past few hours comes to mind.  ::)

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2007, 12:45:15 AM »
Niiiice Pakuni ;)

maxpower773

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2007, 12:49:27 AM »
hahahahahahahaha....there's the post of the night right there.

feedback