[Today at 04:47:36 PM]

NIL Future by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:56:29 PM]

Shaka's 2023-2024 Season Accomplishments by LloydsLegs
[Today at 02:48:52 PM]

MU Gear by MUfan12
[Today at 01:31:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: TODD MAYO COMMITS!!  (Read 34608 times)

marquettewade3

• Walk-On
Re: TODD MAYO COMMITS!!
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2011, 08:03:52 AM »
I don't care at all what tattoos the guy has.  I was just curious WHY he had one for West Virginia.  It would be less forgivable if it was ND or WI.  Simple solution:  http://www.prevalstore.com/

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2011, 08:22:47 AM »
I don't care at all what tattoos the guy has.  I was just curious WHY he had one for West Virginia.  It would be less forgivable if it was ND or WI.  Simple solution:  http://www.prevalstore.com/

Easier just to add this tat right above the WVU logo:

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2011, 08:25:12 AM »
I thought he was from West Virginia?

He is from Morgantown.

A great get for Buzz -- and it's good to see Buzz moving to a 4-year orientation with recruiting, that is a very good sign for the program.  Nicely done.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2011, 08:31:41 AM »
Jesus you are obsessed with Chicos.  Honestly, he hasn't brought up the JUCO stuff since he said he would stop.  You bring all of these things that you claim he brings up more than he does.  It's kind of weird how much you obsess over him, not going to lie.

I'm not going to lie...I find it weird how you frequently come to Chicos defense.  He is a grown man after all, pretty sure he can fend for himself.  Even more weird, that you defend a dude with an anti Buzz agenda...assuming you are an MU fan?  Or are you too just a Tom Crean lackey and thus why you defend Chicos? 
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2011, 08:34:06 AM »
I think it's great he has a WV tattoo on his arm so long as he's wearing a MU uniform.  Just a little salt in the recruiting wound.  Only way to make it better is if he has a leprechaun on the other arm!

NotAnAlum

• All American
« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2011, 08:50:50 AM »
Getting off the tatto subject.  This guy seems to have a game similiar to Buycks.  That has its up sides and down sides.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2011, 09:08:15 AM »
Getting off the tatto subject.  This guy seems to have a game similiar to Buycks.  That has its up sides and down sides.

That's why I think we should use our last scholarship on a point guard. I think most of Buycks downsides come from the pressure of trying to play a position that doesn't suit his game. Mayo is described as a guy who thrives with the ball in his hands and is a natural scorer, but isn't necessarily a great distributor and that he tried the point but it didn't suit his game. With Cadougan for two more years, he should need to think about the point position. If Derrick Wilson can blossom alongside Mayo, it won't be a problem, but if Wilson doesn't pan out, we could really use another developing point guard to make sure that Mayo never has to worry about being a primary ball-handler and distributor.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2011, 09:13:26 AM »
I see if there is a transfer to pick up at the forward position, a banger with a little
history.  You can never have 13 happy players, 12 is a better number.  Competition
will be very good next year amongst the team, can only play so many.

2 point guards
3 2 guards
3 small forwards
2 power forwards
2 centers

The only way I would bring in another player is if he is better than what you got!

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2011, 09:48:17 AM »
That's why I think we should use our last scholarship on a point guard. I think most of Buycks downsides come from the pressure of trying to play a position that doesn't suit his game. Mayo is described as a guy who thrives with the ball in his hands and is a natural scorer, but isn't necessarily a great distributor and that he tried the point but it didn't suit his game. With Cadougan for two more years, he should need to think about the point position. If Derrick Wilson can blossom alongside Mayo, it won't be a problem, but if Wilson doesn't pan out, we could really use another developing point guard to make sure that Mayo never has to worry about being a primary ball-handler and distributor.

Two point guards in the same class doesn't make a ton of sense, especially when there's a bigger need at the four. I actually feel a little more comfortable with the Cadougan/Wilson combo, and perhaps Vander and even Singleton in a pinch, than Crowder/E. Williams at the four ... then Williams only the year after that. Or are you thinking that Jamil is an option at the four?
If the best player available is by far a point, then by all means take him. But don't try to load up on points in one class at the expense of position that are of equal, of not greater, need.

That said, I'd guess Buzz and staff have been tracking the progress of Derrick Wilson this season and have an idea by now whether he can be counted on next year. And that would likely play a part in where the final scholie goes, if it goes to anyone. Banking it might not be the worst option,

CAINMUTINY

• Team Captain
« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2011, 10:15:42 AM »
He is from Huntington....not Morgantown.

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2011, 10:37:42 AM »
He is from Huntington....not Morgantown.

thx

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #86 on: March 20, 2011, 12:09:47 AM »
A little slow with this, but for those that have been holding their breath, the scholarship table has been updated.

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?page=8

feedback