collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: "Let me be very clear. I'm just hoping the coach doesn't dismiss me."  (Read 1860 times)

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
"No, are you kidding me?" Gee said. "Let me be very clear. I'm just hoping the coach doesn't dismiss me."

Utterly shameful for a college president to say that during a press conference that centered on indiscretions at his university.

EVEN if he was telling the "truth."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=schlabach_mark&id=6195223
SS Marquette

ringout

• Team Captain
Re: "Let me be very clear. I'm just hoping the coach doesn't dismiss me."
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 05:16:34 PM »
the Ohio State University my a**

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 06:53:35 PM »
Does it ever occur to people that coaches in situations like this are doing what they're supposed to do, what they promised people's families they'd do? They're protecting their players. This column is so over-the-top it's absurd. Jim Tressel tried to protect these guys. He was caught and punished. End of story. St. JoePa does this stuff all the time. And I don't even like Ohio State!

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 07:17:54 PM »
Integrity does not override loyalty.

But in a multi-million dollar industry (read: college athletics, b10 football, Ohio State FB and marketing), I'm sure Tressel will walk the gangplank for the sake of every OSU supporter, athlete, etc.

Still, it's simply despicable.
SS Marquette