[June 09, 2024, 08:44:46 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by 4everwarriors
[June 09, 2024, 08:25:23 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[June 09, 2024, 07:04:21 PM]

Arby's National Roast Beef Day Deal by oldwarrior81
[June 09, 2024, 05:24:39 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Props to Gardner!  (Read 3860 times)

Blackhat

• All American
Props to Gardner!
« on: March 09, 2011, 10:47:01 PM »
Was huge when we were in a drought on offense, stepped up with some big buckets.   Got some goods boards coming his way too.

Kid is starting to grow on me despite his d limitations!

QuetteHoops

• Starter
Re: Props to Gardner!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 10:49:33 PM »
+1 My thoughts exactly...did he play more then Otule tonight? I tend to watch him on defense most of the time and he seems to be "getting" it more, two very good games from him in the BET
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 10:54:19 PM by QuetteHoops »

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 10:51:14 PM »
A very solid game by Dae-Dae in 10 minutes of action. It's great to see a big man hit his free-throws.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

groove

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 10:56:13 PM »
nice touch for a big man

shaquilvaine

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 10:56:59 PM »
Love Dae-Dae.  Reminds me of the heavy kid in high school who is 6 feet tall but just dominates due to girth.  Can he even dunk  Who cares given how productive he is.  hes an offensive juggernaut.  More points per minute than any player on the team.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 10:58:24 PM »
Saw Gardner after he hip checked the dude go up at the rim, I know he hit rim, I don't think the ball went in though.   Has got great feel, touch around the rim...special, rare touch.

QuetteHoops

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 10:59:41 PM »
I don't know if you noticed but after he got called for a foul posting up he caught and looked like he tried to dunk it with two steps and he missed badly...I'm sure it was because the whistle blew  :P

QuetteHoops

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 11:00:45 PM »
Saw Gardner after he hip checked the dude go up at the rim, I know he hit rim, I don't think the ball went in though.   Has got great feel, touch around the rim...special, rare touch.

Beat me to it

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 11:03:12 PM »
I don't know if you noticed but after he got called for a foul posting up he caught and looked like he tried to dunk it with two steps and he missed badly...I'm sure it was because the whistle blew  :P

First thing I thought after laughing was "dude reads the board for sure".

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 11:03:26 PM »
He could get 15 a game in his sleep if he can keep himself on the court.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 11:07:40 PM »
Young man looked very good tonight. This team seems to be peaking at the right time. Our two biggest worries this season have been point guard play and big man presence. Junior, Gardner, and Otule are sorting that out.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

WarriorHal

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011, 11:08:08 PM »
Although Otule has improved tremendously, especially on D, it's going to be a lot of fun watching Gardner over the next few years. Marquette with a big man who can score practically at will down low--and can make free throws. Finally -- just what we've been waiting for.

groove

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2011, 11:09:20 PM »
should be interesting to see  how much fatigue will come into play tomorrow

PaintTouches

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2011, 11:15:34 PM »
should be interesting to see  how much fatigue will come into play tomorrow

It will definitely be interesting, especially because the bench played for long stretches of time, giving the starters plenty of time to rest. JFB was the only player to record 30+ minutes (36). It was a completetly different story last year when you could tell Zar, Mo, Cooby and JFB were gassed against Georgetown. We shall see.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2011, 12:01:25 AM »
I keep saying it. For the sole fact that he has a pure FT stroke at the line he will be a HUGE asset for years to come. As he continues to slim.....we got a steal.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2011, 12:07:55 AM »
What's best is he shot 4-4, drawing fouls, and not forcing up a few bad shots like he normally does.  Good strong play from Davante.

groove

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2011, 12:11:35 AM »
Using good positioning will help him offset his lack of jumping ability. Seems to be moving around better

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2011, 06:21:36 AM »
I keep saying it. For the sole fact that he has a pure FT stroke at the line he will be a HUGE asset for years to come. As he continues to slim.....we got a steal.
The key will be continuing to slim. He needs to stay away from the root beer floats and stuffed pizzas.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2011, 06:31:01 AM »
Buzz referenced a few weeks ago that DG had been set back by the shoulder injury back before Christmas.   It was kind of skipped over then.   I am beginning to think he was telling the truth.   He looks healthy now.   Well played. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2011, 07:54:01 AM »
The key will be continuing to slim. He needs to stay away from the root beer floats and stuffed pizzas.

I don't need him slimmer unless it means he will be able to jump better or be a lot more athletic or something.  His biggest assets are his weight/strength which allow him to get position and leverage and his tremendous feet and post moves.  Getting slimmer will help his defense, as he is slow to help and get to the boards and it would be nice if he was better at those things.  But just getting slimmer doesn't guarantee he's going to become athletic enough to start doing those things well.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2011, 09:27:58 AM »
I enjoy watching Davante play! First of all, congratulations for playing a great game and helping the team win!  Davante blocks out well and is just outstanding with the ball in his hands.  He moved around very well last night and is a force in the middle.  Best of all, he is very competitive and plays to win.  He fits in well with the team.  Hope he rests today so he can give the Cardinals hell tonight! 

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2011, 09:36:29 AM »
I do like his ability to score, but last night, the play that really stuck out was a very nice pass for a score.  He has good vision and looks like he could be a good passer.  As he works on his conditioning, defense and rebounding, it will be enjoyable to watch his development.

If he progresses as Otule has, I think we can stop saying MU cannot recruit &/or develop big men!

leever

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2011, 10:03:00 AM »
Even if it was a foul (and it was!), it was great to see him completely flatten that WVU guy with a tremendous butt check!  Great game for Davante.

muchamps

• Walk-On
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2011, 10:04:53 AM »
Buzz said in the post game, he learned from the bench tonight. Actually it was last night too. It was his best two coached games this season. He let them play long enough to stop looking over their shoulder and show what they could do. None better than Gardner and Junior. 

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2011, 10:11:45 AM »
Davante is well on his way to becoming an unstoppable force of nature.
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.