[June 05, 2024, 09:42:15 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Its DJOver
[June 05, 2024, 02:41:31 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by MU82
[June 05, 2024, 08:19:01 AM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by Hards Alumni
[June 05, 2024, 06:23:42 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Brewers News - Greinke Breaks Rib...  (Read 1667 times)

Jam Chowder

• Team Captain
Brewers News - Greinke Breaks Rib...
« on: March 08, 2011, 11:40:28 PM »
...playing pick up basketball: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/brewers/117613788.html

Would be interested to hear everyone elses' takes on this. As a Brewers fan it kind of peeves me off. I don't expect the guy to stop having a life outside of baseball, but it sure stinks. I would at least like for him to seem slightly apologetic. Says he will prob miss MOST OF APRIL. Ugh.

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Brewers News - Greinke Breaks Rib...
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 05:19:51 AM »
These things happen.

If you want to hear apologies, you probably will never hear them from Greinke.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 11:56:12 AM »
Heyman wrote an article on this today: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/jon_heyman/03/08/brewers.zack.greinke/index.html?xid=cnnbin&hpt=Sbin

I think Heyman is ridiculously harsh.  That he got hurt playing ball doesn't anger me at all, especially compared to all the stupid says guys get hurt during spring training every year.  If you don't let guys play pickup, you're really starting to foreclose on them doing really any sort of mildly athletic activity outside of baseball whatsoever. I think thats too extreme.

I like that Greinke is that competitive, and I think these fluky things are just part of taking the good with the bad.

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 12:06:19 PM »
Heyman wrote an article on this today: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/jon_heyman/03/08/brewers.zack.greinke/index.html?xid=cnnbin&hpt=Sbin

I think Heyman is ridiculously harsh.  That he got hurt playing ball doesn't anger me at all, especially compared to all the stupid says guys get hurt during spring training every year.  If you don't let guys play pickup, you're really starting to foreclose on them doing really any sort of mildly athletic activity outside of baseball whatsoever. I think thats too extreme.

I like that Greinke is that competitive, and I think these fluky things are just part of taking the good with the bad.

I think he's right about playing other contact sports. Makes him seem kind of careless about his primary job.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 12:10:58 PM »
I recall that Robin Yount had a clause in his contracts that he could NOT ride his dirt bikes or if he did and was injured there would be $$$ consequences

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 12:14:07 PM »

Thought the fluky things were chalked up to his social anxiety disorder and the medication he's on.

Either way seems like greinke's rib is going to be the most cared about rib since God stole one from Adam

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 12:22:31 PM »
The basketball doesn't bother me. He could pull an oblique golfing and miss 4 weeks. Fluky things happen.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 12:27:53 PM »
I have a problem since he did it *after* reporting to camp. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 02:47:24 PM »
Is he any good with eligibility remaining? According to some here, we could really use a traditional spot up shooter.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

feedback