[Today at 04:49:35 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Shooter McGavin
[June 14, 2024, 11:05:04 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by mug644
[June 14, 2024, 11:02:51 PM]

2024-25 Roster by El Guerrero 2
[June 14, 2024, 10:37:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: A moment of levity  (Read 2009 times)

96warrior

• Team Captain
A moment of levity
« on: March 06, 2011, 11:22:24 PM »
Just watched the game back...missed watching it live last night and must have been in a masochistic mood to watch it back after reading this board for the past 28 hours but couldn't help but replay the last 20 seconds a few times just to see that poor kid get it in the noggin when Theodore threw it out of bounds to stop play so Hazell could get his ovation. Fracking. Hilarious.

Windyplayer

• All American
Re: A moment of levity
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 11:26:36 PM »
Oh how I needed to see that. I had to go out to dinner with my future in-laws with five minutes still left in the game. How I kept a smile on my face at dinner is beyond me, well, the Mahi helped--it was excellent.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 11:28:13 PM by windyplayer »

96warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 11:29:41 PM »
I am a dick to get such a kick out of it but really after the torture of watching that game, it was freaking awesome. I owe that kid an ice cream.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 11:33:39 PM »
Does anyone have a clip of the play?

MU Avenue

• Team Captain
To 96warrior and windyplayer
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 05:56:19 AM »
With every respect, I have to say: Would both of you please stop your giggling.

I mean no unkindness to either of you, but that game was a disaster and you are here snickering about a ball that hit a kid in the head.

I am sure you are fine people, 96warrior and windyplayer, but was it really that amusing? Really?

MUCam

• All American
Re: To 96warrior and windyplayer
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 06:22:39 AM »

I mean no unkindness to either of you, but that game was a disaster and you are here snickering about a ball that hit a kid in the head.

I am sure you are fine people, 96warrior and windyplayer, but was it really that amusing? Really?

Are you for real?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 06:34:42 AM »
Everybody asks that question from time to time.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 06:41:02 AM »

This is a serious matter! Marquette lost a basketball game! There's no time for laughing! 96 and windy, on the line! You two are running suicides!

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 08:03:44 AM »

MOMENT of levity: gone.

96warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2011, 09:38:40 AM »

With every respect back to you (honestly), yes, it really was that amusing. Wish I could post a clip.

RE: the kid - he was fine, the family members sitting with him were even laughing about it. I wouldn't have laughed at all if it was a hard pass that knocked the kid unconscious. It was a little bonk and the way Theodore lobbed it out of bounds was just plain funny. Hell, I wouldn't have even noticed it, it was that subtle, if ESPN hadn't replayed it 4 times from different angles.

RE: the game - dude, (again - honestly with all respect) really? I watched the game back and it was painful to be sure. Seton Hall, a team that was the poorest 3 point shooting team most of the season, shot LIGHTS OUT from the 3 for 3 consecutive halves (the entire game vs St Johns and the first half against us). Some kid who averages less than 2 points a game has his hottest night ever (Auda). Seton Hall got hot at the right time. Did we suck in that game? Yes. Should we have won that game? Yes. Was it a must-win game for us? Arguably, yes. But man. They're not all going to die of cancer because they lost that game. Their season will end but their lives won't. And I had cancer so I can make those sorts of statements. Life is serious enough. Enjoy the ride when you can. When you're watching college basketball and a kid gets a little bonk upside the head, it is funny even after a bad loss for us.

Honestly, you were very kind in your admonishment of my post, and I truly am posting this back with respect and understanding that laughing over a kid getting bonked in the head is incredibly immature and stupid. I found it funny. I thought others might, too. Sorry if I offended.