[Today at 08:14:24 PM]

Incoming freshmen by tower912
[Today at 08:06:40 PM]

Ranking Big East Centers by The Equalizer
[Today at 05:10:01 PM]

Lakers Going After Hurley by Hards Alumni
[Today at 05:06:39 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Rick Barnes Should be fired according to some on this board  (Read 2670 times)

DCWarriors04

• All American
Rick Barnes Should be fired according to some on this board
« on: February 26, 2011, 05:15:42 PM »
for giving up a 22 point lead on the road at the end of February to a bubble team

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Rick Barnes Should be fired according to some on this board
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 05:19:31 PM »
for giving up a 22 point lead on the road at the end of February to a bubble team

These posts are hilarious and worth everyone's time.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 05:20:28 PM »

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 05:20:36 PM »
I kinda hope we can get a thread like this every time a top 25 team loses.  

Not sure I've ever seen a poster on this board call for Buzz to be fired beside crazy old man Silverback.  Maybe we can get a list going.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 05:22:50 PM »
since this is a pretty worthless thread,  I'll add we've got a Maymon sighting right now.....dude's playing center position.

DCWarriors04

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 05:25:14 PM »
Playing center and doesn't look interested at all as he walks up the court. Got to imagine Sr. will have him transferring soon since he's not playing guard.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 05:27:00 PM »
Really surprised Pearl isn't letting him break ankles and pop j's like a two guard.     ::)   Tim Maymon, you bring humor to me.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 03:00:02 AM »
Imagine that, the Texas fans said their team choked.  Crazy that fan bases act in similar fashions...Crazy I tell you.  Oh, and Texas did choke.  Just reality. How dare their fan base call out the truth. 

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2011, 09:05:59 AM »
When you mess up at work, I hope they fire you!
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2011, 09:38:26 AM »
Why does everything have to have a name or a label. Its a 40 minute game. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. The other night, did UConn choke, or was MU clutch? Apparently it can't be both. Did Colorado step up, or did Texas blow it?

Why so many are so obsessed with this nonsense is beyond me.

What is playing out in all of this? As I have been saying for weeks, after an 18 game Big East schedule, you will know who you are. Who you play matters, in trying to asses a team in the short-term however. Shoudl anyone be upset with a loss to Pitt, or ND, or UL or SJU? I don't see why. It is starting to shape up as though a week from now MU will find themselves in the upper half of the Big East. That's pretty good. Doesn't make them great, but it makes them pretty good, and probably right where they belong.

Marquette84

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2011, 10:20:14 AM »

First, nobody on this board called for Buzz's firing because of the Louisville game alone.  And the vast majority didn't support firing at all--what was the poll result, 129 to 2?

I'd also venture to guess that if the UL game had been an isolated incident (like the Texas game you cite), it would be a complete non-issue.  Upsets happen.  Teams have bad games.

Its when you see a consistent failure in some aspect of the game that it raises legitimate questions.

The fact of the matter is that we have had multiple games with blown double digit leads without any visible adjustment over the course of the last two seasons.  We've had long stretches without scoring, that have turned comfortable leads into nail-biters.

Against UConn, Buzz did appear to make an appropriate counter-adjustment in the 2nd half. I would have liked to see it happen before a 12 point lead became an 6 point deficit, but change is good.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2011, 10:40:01 AM »
the vast majority didn't support firing at all--what was the poll result, 129 to 2?

People don't want to hear your facts.  They just want to beat the meme-drum over and over and over and over and over and over and over. 

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2011, 02:36:58 PM »
Why does everything have to have a name or a label. Its a 40 minute game. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. The other night, did UConn choke, or was MU clutch? Apparently it can't be both. Did Colorado step up, or did Texas blow it?

Nonsense or not, as probably the only MUScoop member that attended the UT game at CU - it was absolutely CU that stepped it up.  At the worse in the first half, they were losing 42-21, and could do nothing right.  They finished the half with only 33pts, but ended the game with 91!  In the second half, they shut down the UT inside game, and Burke on CU started driving into the lane to score and/or draw the foul (more often drawing the foul).  The driving also opened up several kick outs for wide open 3's.  Sound familiar to anyone?

UT is a good team, but they must not be very deep (I really don't know much about them).  They played most of the second half with all the players on the floor having 3+ fouls.  If you can run them, they can't keep up.

Anyhow, exciting game to be at, and I felt bad for my buddy that's a huge UT fan that was there too - as I know how it feels.

On a side note, UT executed the end of game strategy perfectly with fouling and hitting some 3s.  It shouldn't have ended as close as it did (CU was probably leading by 10 with 2 min left), and if CU would have missed a couple more FTs it would have been them that "choked".

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Jamie Dixon Should be fired according to some on this board
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2011, 03:27:24 PM »
 ;D

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Jamie Dixon Should be fired according to some on this board
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2011, 03:30:55 PM »
;D

Weird...apparently this one doesn't deserve it's own thread like all the others...weird that it got moved here.  Ghosts in the machine...plus Dixon is Caucasian.   ;)

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: Jamie Dixon Should be fired according to some on this board
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2011, 03:32:43 PM »
Weird...apparently this one doesn't deserve it's own thread like all the others...weird that it got moved here.  Ghosts in the machine...plus Dixon is Caucasian.   ;)

No ghost, I just am tired of these topics, and figure they can all go into one.  I wanted to delete it, but decided to just merge.

If you insist on questioning all of our moderation, then perhaps you should just stop posting things that need to be moderated.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2011, 03:37:57 PM »
I posted it and then deleted it, but I am putting it back up.   Chico's, you have turned into abefroman, circa 2004.   The same guy you used to go to war against on the jsonline board.   Insinuations about player character, calling the coach a cheater, statements that other see as racist and then the shocked outrage that someone dares call you on it.   You are turning into a sad parody.   I've defended you in the past from calls to ban you, but I'm done.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

feedback