Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Another team's fan base perspective on MU's NCAA chances  (Read 1982 times)

1990Warrior

• Team Captain
Re: Another team's fan base perspective on MU's NCAA chances
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 06:00:24 PM »
Too much fixation with RPIs, if you ask me.  I like the resume approach.  I haven't looked at bubble team's resumes yet, but I think our will stack up pretty good. 

babytownfrolics

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 06:04:10 PM »
Most of that was ill-informed and seemed to be premised on the assumption that the big east can't possibly get 11 teams.

Incidentally, I think we leapfrog Cincy in the pecking order if we beat them, but think both teams get in anyway.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 06:05:42 PM »
Fairly accurate in my eyes. I don't understand how WV can be both a "good win" and a bubble partner at the same time.

babytownfrolics

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 06:06:42 PM »
It's not accurate bc the beast can should and will get 11 teams

Doris Burkes Thong

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 06:16:23 PM »
I just think a lot of people are selling MU's resume kinda short right now just like they were last year when most had them as a 7-10 seed heading into the NCAA's and they got a 6. I know there's still quite a bit to be determined yet, but barring any significant injury I see MU finishing the regualr season/BET on a high note. And not only do I see them solidly being in the field, but I think MU will once again get a better than projected seed because their resume will be pretty impressive beyond just the numbers like RPI. They're going to have a good shot at adding another win vs. a NCAA tourney team in Cincy and I can see them picking up another marquee win in the BET like they got vs. Nova last year.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 07:21:13 PM »
That thread was about right.  Outliers saying that we're definitely in and that we're definitely out.  Rational people saying that there are still at least 4 games left for MU before selection Sunday.

If MU has proven anything this year, it's that we can keep it close to any team no matter how good they are (backhanded compliment intended).  Hopefully we've turned the corner, but we'll see!

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 07:27:11 PM »
I think Villianova is the most interesting team to watch in the final three games. They have a tough schedule and could easily lose the last three games to finish 9-9. As far as MU, if we tie with West Virginia, I do not see them taking West Virginia without them taking us. Simular overall records and we beat West Virginia. Also Geogetown now has a key injury. They probably will not lose their last three games, but if they did they could be in trouble if NCAA views them as damaged goods. I also think Uconn is going to lose more games. MU will pass up a few teams in the standings if the can go 2-1.

Canadian Dimes

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2011, 08:29:14 PM »
the really interesting one in my book is UCONN.  They could very well finish below .500 if you look at their last 3.  Below .500  prolly still ranked in the top 25 and with an awesome list of wins.  They have to get a bid?  but being below .500 would be interesting to see what people say and where they would ultimately get seeded?

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2011, 09:18:37 PM »
Best thing there:
It will be senior night so they'll be honoring 15th year senior Joe Mazzulla...
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.