[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Ranking the NFL stadiums  (Read 1740 times)

Sir Lawrence

• All American
Ranking the NFL stadiums
« on: February 20, 2011, 05:54:02 PM »
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20110217_ranking_the_nfl_stadiums

As a Packers fan, I'd rate Soldier Field higher from a spectator experience standpoint.  Nice sight lines, decent seating, traditional chants, obviously a great weekend destination.

I heartily agree with the ranking of #1 and #31.
Ludum habemus.

Blackhat

• All American
Re: Ranking the NFL stadiums
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 06:18:27 PM »
Definitely something special about Packers games.   Great vibe from tailgating to walking through the old neighborhoods to the games. 

You almost feel like you're being taken back in history to the 50's.  Then you get hammered and cheer the pack on with a huge Jumbo screen supporting your enjoyment.   Nice mix of old and new. 

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 02:21:41 AM »
Yes, Candlestick Park is an iconic....dump.
SS Marquette

SacWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 05:42:52 PM »
Yes, Candlestick Park is an iconic....dump.
You mean Monster Field I think. I've never heard anyone call it Candlestick (do I really need to teal text that?)

Candlestick is awful. I grew up only going to Packers games at Candlestick and I thought all NFL stadiums were like that. Thank God I got a chance to actually go up to Lambeau, where the field and the stadium is as important to the experience a the actual game.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 10:53:19 PM »
Seahawks with #3 stadium is a joke.

As a Chiefs fan, I know we truly rank in the top 5, and the writer admitting that he had never been there but still ranked us 13 is some proof.

"Chiefs fans, I’m going to be honest with you. I’ve never been to a game at Arrowhead and know very little about the stadium. I put you guys in the 13 spot because you just dumped $375 million into renovations and you’re regarded as some of the best fans in the league"

Also, sorry Indy fans, but any ranking that places an indoor stadium above an outdoor stadium is awful.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 10:56:20 AM »
Seahawks with #3 stadium is a joke.

As a Chiefs fan, I know we truly rank in the top 5, and the writer admitting that he had never been there but still ranked us 13 is some proof.

"Chiefs fans, I’m going to be honest with you. I’ve never been to a game at Arrowhead and know very little about the stadium. I put you guys in the 13 spot because you just dumped $375 million into renovations and you’re regarded as some of the best fans in the league"

Also, sorry Indy fans, but any ranking that places an indoor stadium above an outdoor stadium is awful.

As a Packer fan, I will say Arrowhead is the first one on my list of NFL stadiums I'd like to see a game at before I die.