'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Nice Call Willie Warrior!  (Read 7980 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Nice Call Willie Warrior!
« on: February 17, 2011, 08:34:39 AM »
After about 200 posts from you telling us why Gardner should play more than Outle, which you analyzed from every possible angle, Outle is now breaking out with two great games.  Nice call Willie.

When Buzz makes bone-headed moves, we call him out.  Why not posters with bond-headed ideas like demanding over and over that Outle sit in favor of Gardner?

willie warrior

• All American
Re: Nice Call Willie Warrior!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 09:30:59 AM »
Hey Man---maybe you should read the posts instead of imagining what was said.

First I have consistently said Gardner should be getting in the area of 15 minutes per game and Otule the balance. Exceptions of course for match ups, small ball etc. So yes Gardner should play more. You sir, do not know what you are talking about.

Second--if you call Otule's last two games as great games, I guess you are entitled to your opinion. I beieve he averaged abiout 6 points in those two games. That is not great. Yes Otule is improving----so is Gardner in the limited time Buzz gives him. So go ahead with your man crush on Otule, and hating on Gardner. What is Otule hauling in on rebounds---haven't checked lately, but I would be surprised if it was 4 a game. And he is the tallest guy on the floor about 90% of the time. I have said we need both of them in BEast wars. Williams is not giving enough minutes to Gardner.

End of my discussion.

I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 09:32:51 AM »
Second--if you call Otule's last two games as great games, I guess you are entitled to your opinion. I beieve he averaged abiout 6 points in those two games. That is not great. Yes Otule is improving----so is Gardner in the limited time Buzz gives him. So go ahead with your man crush on Otule, and hating on Gardner. What is Otule hauling in on rebounds---haven't checked lately, but I would be surprised if it was 4 a game. And he is the tallest guy on the floor about 90% of the time. I have said we need both of them in BEast wars. Williams is not giving enough minutes to Gardner.

End of my discussion.

Otule was incredible v. St. Johns - our second best player on the floor next to JFB.  If you can't see what impact he had on that game, you simply don't know basketball.

leever

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 09:38:33 AM »
Willie-
OK he's not scoring 15 points a game, but you have to admit that he's become somewhat of a presence underneath with a couple blocked shots each game.  And, the criticism was that he could not rebound at all, but he's had good numbers the last few games.  Admittedly, a small sample but it does show improvement.  Of course, you are correct that he cannot play 40 minutes so you can make a case that Gardner deserves more time as well.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 09:43:47 AM »
I checked--he is averaging 3 rebounds per game in about 16 minutes. By 84's standards that is great.

Otule is improving and that is a good thing. Give Gardner the same opportunity. If Gardner was getting 15 to 20 minutes per game, he would be avaeraging in double figures. As I have said many times, they both have strengths.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 09:57:36 AM »
If Gardner was getting 15 to 20 minutes per game,

When Buzz tried, I believe Gardner fouled out in about 10 minutes.  But hey, why use facts.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 09:59:59 AM »
When Buzz tried, I believe Gardner fouled out in about 10 minutes.  But hey, why use facts.

Because willie only looks at what he can read in the boxscore.  Anything outside of that is apparently useless to him.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 10:27:38 AM »
I will say it again:  If we had guards that could consistently feed the post at the proper time, Otule would probably be averaging about 10 points a game. 

I can't tell you how many times he's got excellent position established and is ready and calling for the ball and he doesn't get it.  Must be frustrating for him. 

And don't bring out the "he can't catch it" BS.  He can't catch those crazy playground drop-offs that our guards try to wrap around two defenders.  He catches it when he's ready for it.  If's he's ready for it, he has good balance and more often than not does something productive with it. 

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 10:36:43 AM »
I checked--he is averaging 3 rebounds per game in about 16 minutes. By 84's standards that is great.

Nice selective use of the facts.  Outle pulled down 9 boards at GU and 7 against St' Johns.

The man has broken out as a good defensive player in the last two games.  The reason is Buzz completely rejected your world-view about how to handle the "5".  He let Outle worked himself into the season and was not impatient by giving his time to Ox.  Buzz was 100% right which does not bode well for your opinion on this subject.

200 posts, all wrong.

End of discussion

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2011, 10:45:32 AM »

Because willie only looks at what he can read in the boxscore.  Anything outside of that is apparently useless to him.
Hey Sultan--let's match education level and IQ.

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2011, 10:50:25 AM »

willie, don't care.  You are proof that eduacation and IQ don't measure common sense and real world street smarts.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2011, 10:55:14 AM »

::)

You're funny...

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2011, 10:55:59 AM »

LOL Yes!  Here we go!  Nowhere did he challenge your actual smarts.  Plenty of reason to challenge your basketball IQ at times.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2011, 11:00:41 AM »
Let's do it boys!  FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

http://www.iqtest.com/

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2011, 11:05:26 AM »
Let's do it boys!  FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

http://www.iqtest.com/

OK...I'm game.  I will take it over lunch if I have time.  As far as "education level," I am one of those dorks with two master's degrees.  An MA in American Diplomatic History that I took because it was free, and an MBA in Strategic Management, which was also free...and also actually useful!!!

reinko

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2011, 11:08:29 AM »

OK...I'm game.  I will take it over lunch if I have time.  As far as "education level," I am one of those dorks with two master's degrees.  An MA in American Diplomatic History that I took because it was free, and an MBA in Strategic Management, which was also free...and also actually useful!!!

c'mon willie, you too...take the test, they will then email you a free result!

Just took it, takes about 10 minutes, it's 38 logic questions.  Yours truly straight dominated with a 113.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2011, 11:18:31 AM »

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2011, 11:20:56 AM »

reinko

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2011, 11:21:50 AM »
131 - took about 17 minutes

Nice job poindexter  ;D

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2011, 11:24:25 AM »
131 - took about 17 minutes

IOW "Too smart to post on MU Scoop."

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2011, 11:27:07 AM »

IOW "Too smart to post on MU Scoop."
yeah right!  I'm the guy that doesn't get into the stats, remember?  I just enjoy watching the games (or given recent games, doesn't enjoy watching games). 

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2011, 11:49:23 AM »
145.  17 minutes.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2011, 11:50:24 AM »
145.  17 minutes.

Good christ, we got some smart mf'ers on this board.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2011, 11:54:10 AM »
That's how I got through MU, bro.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2011, 11:59:21 AM »
I scored 22 putts/round.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"