collapse

* Recent Posts

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:20:49 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 07:13:08 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[Today at 07:13:05 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Poll

What Statement Do You Agree Most With?

I want Bucky to win because I cannot stand that OSU (America's largest community college) is undefeated and #1
4 (6.9%)
I Want OSU to win because I cannot stand anything Bucky
19 (32.8%)
I Want Bucky to win because I love everything Madison!!!
2 (3.4%)
I want OSU to win because Bucky needs to be taken down a peg so MU can compete on the recruting trail as Bucky's business school ranking is killing us with J.P. Tokoto
9 (15.5%)
I hope an asteriod hits the Kohl Center between 2PM and 4PM ET today to put all of us out of our misery.
24 (41.4%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Author Topic: OSU v Wisc Poll  (Read 10691 times)

🏀

• All American
Re: OSU v Wisc Poll
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2011, 03:10:57 PM »
I would hope we would have rushed the court in the same situation.

Why? For beating a team that you were supposed to beat? For beating a team for the sixth straight time at home?

I'll pass.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2011, 03:11:15 PM »
Agreed! They were supposed to win that game, that's what it means to be favored.

This whole idea where other fanbases get to determine when a different fanbase should be able to rush the court has been an evolution in the last 5 years that is beyond gay (lame)

They're kids, let them rush the court.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2011, 03:11:30 PM »
I would hope we would have rushed the court in the same situation.

Die hard UW fan texted me and said that they shouldn't have rushed the court.

for what its worth.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2011, 03:14:57 PM »
This whole idea where other fanbases get to determine when a different fanbase should be able to rush the court has been an evolution in the last 5 years that is beyond gay (lame)

They're kids, let them rush the court.

Other fan bases? Several Bucky fans on Deadspin have already commented rushing the court was dumb. Save it for winning something, I'm still disgusted for rushing the court after Dameon Mason beat Louisville.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2011, 03:18:23 PM »
Other fan bases? Several Bucky fans on Deadspin have already commented rushing the court was dumb. Save it for winning something, I'm still disgusted for rushing the court after Dameon Mason beat Louisville.

You're always going to be able to find some that say you should or shouldn't.  I enjoyed the two times we rushed the court at MU when I was there and they were nothing close to these wins.  Enjoyed tearing down the goalposts at KU after beating Oklahoma for the first time in years.

I just don't see what the big deal is, so what.  It seems to me it's more about fanbases burning on other teams, like when IU rushed the court for their first win against a ranked team in 3 years.  So what, is it so bad that burns the retinas of people's eyeballs or something?  They're kids.

warriors1965

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2011, 03:19:52 PM »
I'm not a big fan of rushing the court, but if you beat an undefeated number one team, then it's fine in my book.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2011, 03:47:43 PM »
Die hard UW fan texted me and said that they shouldn't have rushed the court.

for what its worth.

Did your source clear this?  Did he say it was ok for you to post this on a message board?  Benny B might get upset.

butchbadger

• Starter
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2011, 03:48:56 PM »
I'd say it was a wee bit lame rushing the court for a program of UW's stature who almost always wins at home.

I'll give it a "beating #1" pass though.  

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2011, 04:20:58 PM »
If Buzz were to learn anything from watching this game and other Badger games, it is that he disparately needs to recruit a point guard. Jordan Taylor is flat out fantastic.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2011, 04:24:03 PM »
If Buzz were to learn anything from watching this game and other Badger games, it is that he disparately needs to recruit a point guard. Jordan Taylor is flat out fantastic.

+1000000000000000

It almost sounds like you're saying college basketball is a guard's game.   ;D

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2011, 04:25:07 PM »
Ohio State is #2 in the country in defense according to ken pom.  MU is #77. 

There is plenty Buzz can learn from Motta.

I think he'll learn is he should have tried harder to recruit Sullinger.

JMcSteal

• Starter
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2011, 04:29:30 PM »
They just beat a undefeated #1 team in the nation, they deserve to rush the court. stop complaining and get off the high horse, my goodness

nyg

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2011, 04:31:44 PM »
Just curious, but does anyone know when was the last time MU beat the #1 ranked team? 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2011, 04:34:33 PM »
Just curious, but does anyone know when was the last time MU beat the #1 ranked team?  

March 29, 2003

Some guy named Tom Crean was the coach, and the Warriors annihilated Kentucky in the NCAA Tournament to advance to the Final Four.  That was our ONLY win over a #1 team by the way.  Now, you may not have heard about it because a great number of fans here dismiss that victory and harp on our loss the next week in the Final Four, instead.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 04:43:03 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2011, 04:39:56 PM »

MU is 1-6 all-time against No. 1-ranked teams.

Its lone win came against Kentucky in the 2003 NCAA tournament. That, of course, was the Elite Eight win at the Metrodome in Minneapolis that sent the Golden Eagles to the Final Four, highlighted by Dwyane Wade's triple-double.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/109777109.html

Again ... this was Wisconsin's first win against a #1 since 1962 ... when they also beat #1 OSU in Madison.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2011, 04:40:06 PM »
March 29, 2003

Some guy named Tom Crean was the coach, and they annihilated Kentucky in the NCAA Tournament to advance to the Final Four.  That was our ONLY win over a #1 team by the way.  Now, you may not have heard about it because a great number of fans here dismiss that victory and hard on our loss the next week in the Final Four

Thanks CBB.  I thought Kentucky was #3.  That was a great victory and I can't believe it is our only beating of a #1.

warriors1965

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2011, 04:43:58 PM »
What was UCONN ranked when MU beat them at the Bradley Center and Novak had the career day?

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2011, 04:44:53 PM »
What was UCONN ranked when MU beat them at the Bradley Center and Novak had the career day?

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2011, 06:34:58 PM »
Gasser is a better player than Blue.

We keep comparing Gasser to Blue as if we had a choice between them. 
Did we recruit Gasser?  Was he ever interested in MU? 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2011, 06:39:46 PM »
+1000000000000000

It almost sounds like you're saying college basketball is a guard's game.   ;D

A traditional player like Leuer would help also.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2011, 06:45:19 PM »
Really?  A #14 rushing the court against a #1?  I realize they were undefeated but come on.

Man, you guys are a trip. Great win for the Badgers and a court rush is well deserved. You all need to get out of the state of Wisconsin. Wisky is a great program with an unbelievable home court advantage. The Badgers are better than MU, get over it.

How many times has MU defeated a number 1??

🏀

• All American
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2011, 06:57:53 PM »
Man, you guys are a trip. Great win for the Badgers and a court rush is well deserved. You all need to get out of the state of Wisconsin. Wisky is a great program with an unbelievable home court advantage. The Badgers are better than MU, get over it.

I'm not in the State of Wisconsin. I was also cheering for Wisconsin to win that game. Having OSU atop the rankings is disgusting, like when Memphis would be ranked first after the mass exodus from CUSA.

I'll be embarrassed if Marquette is ever favored in a game and our students rush the court.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 07:00:42 PM by marqptm »

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2011, 07:01:06 PM »

See above March 29, 2003 against Kentucky

And this was Bucky's first win over #1 since 1962, when they also beat a #1 OSU in Madison.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2011, 07:05:43 PM »
I'm not in the State of Wisconsin. I was also cheering for Wisconsin to win that game. Having OSU atop the rankings is disgusting, like when Memphis would be ranked first after the mass exodus from CUSA.

I'll be embarrassed if Marquette is ever favored in a game and our students rush the court.

Whatever.Sour grapes. If we beat a number 1, undefeated team I guarantee students rush the court. Personally, I am more embarrased by our loss to DePaul last year, their only BE win in two season.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2011, 07:14:25 PM »
Whatever.Sour grapes. If we beat a number 1, undefeated team I guarantee students rush the court. Personally, I am more embarrased by our loss to DePaul last year, their only BE win in two season.

I have no sour grapes, glad they won.

I can make a personal guarantee that if we knock off a number one team at the Bradley Center, there will not be a court rushing like that.

The only possibility would be if we knock off number one to win the Big East.

And seriously, what is your unnatural carnal knowledgeing problem that this post made you think of the DePaul game? Are you that shallow where you can't let that one go? Do you hate Buzz that much?

I still don't know why this board in particular is an asshat magnet for posters like you.